• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020
    Well this is another English translation project for HGSS, but unlike the other ones out there the the dialogue will actually be translated in this one. For right now, I've just managed to change a little of the intro text, but it's a start, as now I know that it is possible to edit the actual dialogue in HGSS.

Now that I know how to change the text, soon there should be more screens showing more translated dialogue.

Here are a few screens of the translated introduction text....

Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

yess i hope you have something out soon

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    Could you maybe release the patched rom instead of just the patch please, because I hate having to manually patch my roms thanks and good luck!!!!

You cannot actually post links to the ROMs themselves, but posting patches and stuff, as long as they are not the actual roms, is ok.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Thank you for the translations man. I like the story and talking to random people in the towns (some are funny) so this translation work your doing is great. Keep up the good work we're all cheering ya on.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Moving faster than lazyass Nintendo. But yeah really you should find people to team up with. It doesn't make much sense doing all of this yourself.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Moving faster than lazyass Nintendo. But yeah really you should find people to team up with. It doesn't make much sense doing all of this yourself.
    Wouldn't make sense, I've already got done all that they've got done and more. Well not everything, but I'm getting there. That, AND I already have some of the dialogue translated.

In order to catch up with those guys, I've mostly been working on translating the menus lately. Since some of the text in HGSS, is identical to in Platinum, I copy and pasted the English text from Platinum for most of the menu translations. But yeah, I wouldn't really see the point in teaming up when I'm already making amazing progress alone.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Magnius you are awesome and I'm sure you already know it.

And yeah, it's sad to see how the GBAtemp guys are spending days just to translate the menus in different patches. Oh well, you have all my support :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I don't see the point. Just wait until the game comes out and the work has been done by professionals. That just makes your work meaningless, since it's going to be done anyways and much more thoroughly.

Plus if you own a ROM to do this translation, you're breaking the law.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't see the point. Just wait until the game comes out and the work has been done by professionals. That just makes your work meaningless, since it's going to be done anyways and much more thoroughly.

Pretty sure they're well aware of that. Quite possibly though they'll be done a good few months before the game is officially released - it's going to be half a year minimum after all, and for America only as well - the rest will have to wait some more. Plus for people doing it it may be good practise for them with atlering/building up programs, etc... as mentioned it's an 'old' practise too - doubt it'l stop now.

Second part there is pretty null and void as they know that as well, but Nintendo doesn't go about arresting people for having the rom and translating and all (others forums like this one which have their own hacking/emulation sections would likely be closed down =P). Not much point on pointing out the obvious, especially when it doesn't actually have any consequences to those translating....

At any rate, looks decent so far...
    Spoiler:
    Maybe so, but arguably the point with that suggestion is that with more people, you'll make even more amazing progress than what you could make alone if you manage/organise yourselves even only somewhat decently, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    He may not be arrested for it, but he should. Save hacking the game for another five years or even ten. Everything in it is already ruined now because there's no surprises.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    He may not be arrested for it, but he should. Save hacking the game for another five years or even ten. Everything in it is already ruined now because there's no surprises.
    Whether or not he should be arrested (which seems a rather harsh outcome, and is one that will not happen as stated, because of Nintendo's stance and actions with it) is another argument for outside this thread, really...

But it's ruined because there's no surprises left? Hardly from my point of view (I've basically had plenty of spoilers but the game is still fun as heck - not everything has been spoiled like the little details and gameplay), and if you don't want surprise, you probably shouldn't be in this section then the game has come out and information is running rampant. For those who don't mind them, this has interest for them.

But that also is straying outside this thread's purpose, frankly.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
    Well, I wish you the best of luck with this. Hope this project finishes, and gains popularity.

From the screenies, you can see that this will be a great hack for the Internet to enjoy.

Thankyou for this ^^

~DB

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Whether or not he should be arrested (which seems a rather harsh outcome, and is one that will not happen as stated, because of Nintendo's stance and actions with it) is another argument for outside this thread, really...

But it's ruined because there's no surprises left? Hardly from my point of view (I've basically had plenty of spoilers but the game is still fun as heck - not everything has been spoiled like the little details and gameplay), and if you don't want surprise, you probably shouldn't be in this section then the game has come out and information is running rampant. For those who don't mind them, this has interest for them.

But that also is straying outside this thread's purpose, frankly.
    Exactly. And by downloading the rom and downloading the patch, he should be arrested too, but you're not. So shut up about it. End the subject now.

Besides, somehow it's my fault you're not surprised? Get out of here with that. You didn't have to read the topic. You KNEW that by clicking a translation thread you might find some spoilers. If you didn't, you're not very smart.

So get out of here and go bug someone else about the law. If you downloaded the rom, you are breaking the law. If you downloaded any patch, you are breaking the law. If you are a hacker of any sort, you are technically breaking the law. If you downloaded the music from HGSS, you are breaking the law. So I don't want to hear your freaking ignorant opinions on the matter(Bugging someone about breaking the law when you yourself have probably broke it).

You're almost like a troll, you come in here with the intent of pissing people off.

If a Nintendo has a problem, they will indefinitely SAY SOMETHING.

It is not your job to be Nintendo's little minimod.

So if you people keep doing this, I'll simply stop updating the thread and you know what, when the game is 100% complete I'll upload a patch. If you don't want that to happen then shut it.

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    My main problem is that whilst I would love to be able to go ahead and play this when you're done but any emulator I play it on, I encounter a black screen or freeze problem.
    on No$GBA 2.6a or previous versions, I cannot even get past the naming screen(I can name and it works but then the screen goes black and I can here the music but there is nothing there.
    On IdeaS, which emulates best for me, it freezes either when I kill a wild Pokemon or a Trainer's Pokemon. Like, they lose the last of their HP and it freezes before the Pokemon would usually drop offscreen.
    On DeSuME, it works fine but it's like it's in slow motion and it just freezes on the first fightable sage in Sprout Tower.
    The other emulators don't seem to work it and I don't have flashcards, nor can I afford them.

So I was wondering if you would actually be trying to fix these black screen and freezing problems whilst progressing in your translation?
    If not, the okay but I was just wondering because I badly want to play it once you're done translating.
    I badly want to play it as is too...

Oh well. Keep up the good work dude.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020

boo booo booo shut up almost everyone here is doing so

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years

If you are against hacking, then stay away from any topics that include hacking or are related to hacking, simple as.
    If you didn't want the game or surprises to be "ruined" by having stuff revealed, then it's your own fault for reading the spoilers, not anyone else's fault.

Personally, I could care less about spoilers revealing information about the game that we didn't know at first but face facts, it's not like every single tiny piece of the game has been revealed. It was your choice to read those spoilers, thus it was your fault for ruining your experience.
    I am looking greatly forward to these games, whether or not I read the spoilers.

If you don't like topics like these, then don't bother commenting in them, just stay out of them.

Also, if you are really that much against hacking, what in God's name are you doing on a community forum which fangames and hacking are a big part of, seriously.

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Besides, arresting FIRST? No, they would probably send a cease and desist order, then if I continued doing it after that they would arrest me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back