• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

juuska

Beginner Spriter
Years
  • Man you are a lifesaver. I was not going to play this game because lazy people like kazowar will only translate the necessary stuff.

You think the exact same way I do and I really appreciate it.
    BTW is there a place you will be posting the patches/roms/whatever because I cant seem to find it. Thanks!
    Please dont come barking other people lazy if you cant do that yourself. KazoWar still does more than you!

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    I sure hope this works cuz I can't w8 till spring for heart gold and soul silver to come out!

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Yeah, using Google Translate as a basis would be optimal, then just change the grammar accordingly so it all makes sense.

Godspeed with you, I hope you get it done before christmas :)
    No just no. Will you people stop talking about google translate?

This is going to be a translation by someone who knows Japanese well enough to translate with the aid of a dictionary. I mean really, just no, translating games with Google translate is a horrible idea so stop talking about it.

By the way, does anyone have an anti-crash/anti-freeze/anti black screen patch/code? I can't get past the part in the beggining where Elm calls you.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016

This is going to be a translation by someone who knows Japanese well enough to translate with the aid of a dictionary. I mean really, just no, translating games with Google translate is a horrible idea so stop talking about it.

By the way, does anyone have an anti-crash/anti-freeze/anti black screen patch/code? I can't get past the part in the beggining where Elm calls you.

Search GBAtemp for it. I don't think you can ask for one on PC.

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011

I got the patch from Romulation. Try looking for it there.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Code: 020DD9E4 E1A00000

For No$GBA:
    Go to the cheats menu in the Utility Menu.
    Enter the code in the box, check the Action Replay DS choice and hit okay.
    Then go to where the code appears on the menu and DOUBLE click to check the box and hit okay.

It should work now.
    If it doesn't then I don't know.

But, I made the mistake for ages not to activate it properly by double clicking to check the box.
    Only now have I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    Please dont come barking other people lazy if you cant do that yourself. KazoWar still does more than you!

It is true he is doing more than me, but only because I don't know Japanese :x
    If I start a job I want to finish it completely.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    It is true he is doing more than me, but only because I don't know Japanese :x
    If I start a job I want to finish it completely.
    He said since the beginning that he won't translate anything but moves and such so you'll know what you are doing.

Usually patches like Kazo's are being released really quick, then after a while you get the "complete" patch of the basic things. Then people like Magnius start translating the whole run. Though it's usually not the first person who started translating to actually finish it...unless Mag is a special case XD

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    I wonder how far Magnius is right now. Hope he releases more screenshots soon.

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Cant wait man!!
    Although 2 months is really some good time for such hard work!!
    Thanks a Lot!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    Magnius > Magius AKA Kazo.

Magnius is apparently translating everything while Magius is only translating small parts of dialogue and everything else.
    So.. were still waiting for an update from Magnius and his complete translation.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    dude, magnius awesome idea, i was stoked to find this on my first trip back to PC since around the time Shiny Gold was abandoned. You made my day man.

Mas

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Magnius > Magius AKA Kazo.

Magnius is apparently translating everything while Magius is only translating small parts of dialogue and everything else.
    So.. were still waiting for an update from Magnius and his complete translation.

That's great, it will be a much faster process. Where did you hear this from?

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    That's great, it will be a much faster process. Where did you hear this from?

This is Magius's thread /showthread.php?t=194342 (add the pokecommunity url to the beginning)
    And the one we are already in is Magnius's thread

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    This is Magius's thread /showthread.php?t=194342 (add the pokecommunity url to the beginning)
    And the one we are already in is Magnius's thread
    this magius and magnius thing is confusing me downright, can anyone clarify?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back