• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
    Years
    this magius and magnius thing is confusing me downright, can anyone clarify?

Magnius is the owner of this thread, who is doing a full-game translation. His name is Wakakun (I think....) in the GBATemp.

Magius is the one doing importants of the game, such as Pokemon, items, Pokedex, etc. He is trying to do a dialog translation as well, but is doing C/P from the old games. He is also known as Kazo in GBATemp.

You can find both of their threads in the Nintendo DS translations on GBATemp.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    This KAZO person has translated all the new text...I think its a great patch. Plus he is already done translating so much of the game.

Im still interested in seeing this one though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    This KAZO person has translated all the new text...I think its a great patch. Plus he is already done translating so much of the game.

Im still interested in seeing this one though.

Me too. I think that magnius and magius should team up. Seems like they would get this done fairly quick becuase they both translate really fast, but im sure magnius would have already asked for help if he wanted any.

Switchblade

Steel Master.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Yeah patience. I'd rather Magnius work on his translation than take the time out to play through and screencap changes for us to drool over :D As nice as the latter would be, the former is preferable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    i would help

You see i dont really know how to hack/translate roms but i would really like to help and get the HGSS translation done quicker, so if it would be OK if you could show me some tutorial.

Thx Sharmasker

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Magnius is the owner of this thread, who is doing a full-game translation. His name is Wakakun (I think....) in the GBATemp.

Magius is the one doing importants of the game, such as Pokemon, items, Pokedex, etc. He is trying to do a dialog translation as well, but is doing C/P from the old games. He is also known as Kazo in GBATemp.

You can find both of their threads in the Nintendo DS translations on GBATemp.
    yup, i get it now. thanks for this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    you know what you should dol, steal kazowars patch, coz hes pretty much done all items, descriptions, battles, moves, etc
    hes finished all dialogue up to violet citys gym, so start dialogue translation from there and you will be done in no time ;)
    otherwise good luck, be swift!

Years

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Patch 1 is out.

Download here
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/1d7b04

Or here
    https://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f3f07e...04e75f6e8ebb871

What you need...
    Xdelta(Provided)
    XdeltaGUI(Provided for you in the rar)
    A Clean Rom of Heart Gold or Soul Silver.(Not provided)
    And the patch(Which is in the rar).

You can play up till Union Cave with this.
    cool! till union cave done!! keep it up! theres no use for me coz ive already reached quite far in the game.....

What emulator do you use and how the heck did you get it to not lag?
    so youre the same guy who posted on youtube, right? well speed is an isue with emulators, use a flash card perhaps?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    Hey outta curiosity does the patch also have the anti black screen/freeze in it? cause i've noticed that as i get further into the game it happens a lot more to me...I just caught Sudowudo and its been happening a lot since i got into Goldenrod

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2009
    Code: 020DD9E4 E1A00000

For No$GBA:
    Go to the cheats menu in the Utility Menu.
    Enter the code in the box, check the Action Replay DS choice and hit okay.
    Then go to where the code appears on the menu and DOUBLE click to check the box and hit okay.

It should work now.
    If it doesn't then I don't know.

But, I made the mistake for ages not to activate it properly by double clicking to check the box.
    Only now have I figured out what I was doing wrong.
    :) thanks i FINALLY got past the elm intro with the code i was getting annoyed because it kept on freezing

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    Yeah this must have the anti black screen/freeze patch in it cause since i started playing with this patch nothing bad has happened...its been smooth sailing =D Thanks Magnius its great! keep up the good work!

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Man, Thats..
    GREAT!!! Thanks a lot dude! You are my hero!!!
    Keep up the good work, you have my full support (as if this means sumething) =DD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I've tried both translations. The other is better at the moment (but you're close) and the Hiker on Route 33 a few spaces off Azalea Town is named Hiker Anton in the US version (of the original GS). There are also 2 Lances in the game, one is the first Rocket Executive Staff, the other is the champion.

Oh, and I get freezes either way, all the time. Yeah, I can play with an unpatched ROM now, same as patched.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I've tried both translations. The other is better at the moment (but you're close) and the Hiker on Route 33 a few spaces off Azalea Town is named Hiker Anton in the US version (of the original GS). There are also 2 Lances in the game, one is the first Rocket Executive Staff, the other is the champion.

Oh, and I get freezes either way, all the time. Yeah, I can play with an unpatched ROM now, same as patched.
    The other patch exists for like 15 days already.

Just go on, 1-2 months and I guess we're done...maybe more lol. Either case, it's not that hard without English, and i'm trying to study Japanese for fun (i'll probably barely success reading anything by the time the official English version comes out though...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    im having trouble with the patching, i patch the rom, and no$gba says it isnt compatible. help?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back