• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon info in next month's CoroCoro

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Still nothing. I wonder if I'll end up dreaming about it and seeing then in the leak, kinda happened in gen 5.

I will be honest, this happens to me a lot. Especially when reading. That is why I was kinda waiting for them to at least see a scan even if it is old. I knew if I didn't I would dream about it.

Apparently my mind goes into overtime to figure things out when I am reading and waiting. Strange thing is, it rarely happens with video games, but almost always in books and what not.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    We will get them before the leak of 14th May. that means at least 9-10 of May, they will have it officialy.

pkmin3033

"Did we say this month? We meant next month! Woops!"

This is Square Enix-level trolling, really. I can't say I'm particularly angry - after all, news now won't make the games come out any sooner - but I AM disappointed. The entire year is the 20th Anniversary of the franchise, and up to the end they did a very good job of releasing XY information in short bursts that kept us sustained throughout the year. What is going to be nearly three full months of silence, promises, and teasing commentary is not particularly helpful.

Hype is not built upon rumour and speculation; hype is built upon solid, tangible evidence and well-timed and orchestrated information. Disappointing. Very, very disappointing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Magearna is confirmed Steel/Fairy-type with CoroCoro... what a surprise!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Wow, haha. The announcement last month was... of an announcement. Ah well.

At least we get a typing? I made an article on the info thus far, but its comment thread is in PGC given the lack of SM info (it is basically 'you'll find out what is on the box next month!') and the inclusion of other facts, like movie info and some arcade game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nope, technically not confirmed, just implied... and the most logical conclusion. So they decided to take it the next step and take the worry from our minds.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, I think it wasn't confirmed from memory. Steel was obvious given its appearance, and Fairy wasn't a hard guess to make either. So even that news isn't huge.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well that was very disappointing.

I'm not sure why they think this is really news. It's pretty much just a "come back later" announcement.

Years
  • Hype is not built upon rumour and speculation; hype is built upon solid, tangible evidence and well-timed and orchestrated information. Disappointing. Very, very disappointing.

That is true. Is Game Freak really thinking hype can be built on speculation alone? No it can't, because we like having new information revealed and the fact we are left with nothing for what will be over two months now is just appalling. At least we never had to wait this long for news with most of the previous games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Not that surprised that we got absolutely nothing in regards to SM, but at least we got a couple of more info on Magearna.

Hype is not built upon rumour and speculation; hype is built upon solid, tangible evidence and well-timed and orchestrated information. Disappointing. Very, very disappointing.

Try telling that to the people hyping on the NX based on nothing but rumors and speculations over the past 10 months.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It was only revealed due to it being Pokemon's anniversary. I can almost guarantee that if Pokemon's anniversary was later in the year, like June, nothing would've been said until at least May. We shouldn't be expecting too much - they only revealed it due to the significant event and implications of it being the most important day to Pokemon. It's hard to put it in words, but if it were any other year, we wouldn't even know about Sun and Moon, so we can't really blame them for a lack of information. It's just bad luck that February happened to be the anniversary. A constant flow of information from February until at least November would dry up any information you could discover in the games. Starting from May is a lot better - that's six months roughly to cover everything important (Protagonists, Starters, Legendaries, Region Location, Screenshots, and Pokemon). If we were getting a constant stream from February we would have too much information and people would complain of being spoiled. It's not like they've forgotten the fans. I know everything is being developed by different companies, but look at everything that's happening right now Pokemon-wise: Pokken, Shuffle, Go, etc, by their logic the fans have enough to amuse themselves with right now that Sun and Moon information wouldn't be a priority until it gets closer. Most of these are probably being released now too so that all the spotlight falls on Sun and Moon later (just a theory though).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It was only revealed due to it being Pokemon's anniversary. I can almost guarantee that if Pokemon's anniversary was later in the year, like June, nothing would've been said until at least May. We shouldn't be expecting too much - they only revealed it due to the significant event and implications of it being the most important day to Pokemon. It's hard to put it in words, but if it were any other year, we wouldn't even know about Sun and Moon, so we can't really blame them for a lack of information. It's just bad luck that February happened to be the anniversary. A constant flow of information from February until at least November would dry up any information you could discover in the games. Starting from May is a lot better - that's six months roughly to cover everything important (Protagonists, Starters, Legendaries, Region Location, Screenshots, and Pokemon). If we were getting a constant stream from February we would have too much information and people would complain of being spoiled. It's not like they've forgotten the fans. I know everything is being developed by different companies, but look at everything that's happening right now Pokemon-wise: Pokken, Shuffle, Go, etc, by their logic the fans have enough to amuse themselves with right now that Sun and Moon information wouldn't be a priority until it gets closer. Most of these are probably being released now too so that all the spotlight falls on Sun and Moon later (just a theory though).

The only thing about that I find a little strange is that Pokemon X & Y were announced on January 8th and were released on 12th October. That was a period of 9 months and we knew the starters and mascot legendaries from day one.

From that perspective we're already a lot more in the dark than we were at this point during the last generation.

Maybe they're planning on revealing less than they have in the past? Or maybe they want to condense a similar amount of information into a shorter period of time?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • IIRC, the pre-release coverage period for Gens 5 and 6 have been roughly around 6-8 months. So actually, starting the major stuff in May sounds about normal.

And like I said in the other thread, there's a small plausibility that we might get the boxarts and release dates fully revealed on the official site sometime in the coming weeks before next CoroCoro. Since these games are likely getting a worldwide release date and were announced worldwide, it would only make sense to reveal the boxarts worldwide on the official site before a Japan-exclusive magazine like CoroCoro does it. I'm even thinking sometime by the end of this week when CoroCoro officially comes out, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much.

Back