• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Cerulean Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
  • Black striped pachi? :x If that exists, then yes. If Riceeman has to make a new sprite for it, then no.

Hah. Thanks. The vista feel was what I was aiming for. Even if the HP Boxes and stuff are to be customized, so keep a layout. It'll look like complete vista then!~
    You should see the trainer card. xP; I'll post a screenshot of that later.
    Aha yeah it doesnt exist. Sorry for bothering its just I dont like the blue line that much. Anyway um i think its bol!

Years
  • Also...

Announced Contest!

Alright, so this isn't going to be a surprise contest. Seeing as how nobody's giving me a lake name, I decided to turn it into a contest. For a little description; the lake is shadowy, mysterious and an occurrence of a weird ancient Pokemon has been noted there.
    Prize:
    The person with the best name will get to be one of the Elite 4, with their own chosen Pokemon (at reasonable levels with reasonable stats) AND the person will get their name in the credits.
    Best Name:
    The best name so far has been suggested by Krimm which is Lake Mistarius. So that's what you have to try beating.

Well... to name a lake. Get ready, I am going to give a "few".

Lake Eerie
    Lake Enigmatic
    Lake Eccentric
    Lake Furtive
    Lake Curious
    Murky Lake

Less than I hoped to come up with. I arranged them in order from the one I liked most to the one I liked least of my entries. I hope you enjoy them. Good luck naming the lake.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
  • hmmm i'm thinking lake destroya or lake of the lost souls or something i'm not really go at naming stuff

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    Lake Koga
    Lake Dusk
    Lake Mystrow [Mystery and shadow combined xD]
    Lake Twilight
    Lake Black Water or Black Water Lake
    Lake Ancientus

Just a few options

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
  • Wow. Many more replies than I had expected. Anyway, I've chosen a winner in my mind right now, but I'll keep the contest open for a few more days to see what you guys can come up with. First, to quote all the lake names suggested so far:

Here's a few names for the lake:

Lake Relistralis

Lake Coulurist

Lake Shikana

Lake Mychorine
    Relistralis: It's really cute. <33 I'd have used it, but it sounds as if it has some kind of relation with relicanth and the regis; and the lake has nothing to do with it. Perhaps I'll use that name somewhere in the relis event. When I use it, I'll give you credits and make you a gym leader or something.
    That's right, everybody gets some kind of prize for each resource that they provide!~

Coulorist: It looks good, but if you try to pronounce it... it goes really bleh.

Shikana: Sounds too japanese. I'd rather have something that doesn't keep reminding of Japan each time I look at it. :P Besides, I think it'd fit more as the name of a person.

Lake Mychorine: We'll talk about that a bit later. Perhaps it's the winner? :3

Hey, everyone's least well known spriter here with a few Lake names:

Lake Necrophys
    Lake Spherentine
    Lake Fenrir
    Lake Mystscape
    Lake Mystrel
    Lake Mynstrel

Hope you like them. I want to be an Elite Four member!
    I looove Necrophys! It's so awesome! But it'd be unfair if you participate... 'cuz you're an elite 4 member anyway; for all the resources you've made for me. Necrophys will definitely be the third lake's name, though. There are 3 lakes, for the record. : D

Sounds like a spelling mistake of Mysterious if you ask me, heh. ;D

I'd like to suggest a name for the lake, and I wont give an onslaught of suggestions either, Lake Abstruse. :D It may lack sheer creativity right off the bat, but it sounds like a proper and intriguing name for a lake by my tastes. Perfectly understandable and simple at that. All in all, it's up to you to judge, Archayos. I assume you know what the word abstruse means. XD

Anyway, seems cheap if I came here just for the contest. Oh, I came here to comment all right. >8D

I love this layout, epitome of awesome. Well executed on the CSS. I really look forward to more and I'm intrigued by all the customizations you've developed and put in so far. The player to player battle style, seems unique and fresh. Overall, I'm simply amazed. Good luck with everything, Archayos. :D

EDIT: You know, I find it funny, once you add the incredible incentives and a contest/competition, they come like a blitzkrieg with name suggestions. Haha, priceless.
    Hah. I didn't know what abstruse meant, but now I do. Thanks for that lol. Also, I'm glad to see that you like the game, and I'm flattered by your comment about the CSS and layout. Oh, the battle style is still going to be improved. I'm a perfectionist, and now I have a spriter in Riceeman (and he's a wonder at spriter) so you can expect an awesome layout for the battle system.

Coming to the contest bit; I know! I needed that name badly, and now I'm getting priceless names. Contests are always a good idea!~

Well... to name a lake. Get ready, I am going to give a "few".

Lake Eerie
    Lake Enigmatic
    Lake Eccentric
    Lake Furtive
    Lake Curious
    Murky Lake

Less than I hoped to come up with. I arranged them in order from the one I liked most to the one I liked least of my entries. I hope you enjoy them. Good luck naming the lake.
    Eerie is an awesome lake name, even though it's simply an adjective. But you shouldn't have named the rest after adjectives, it doesn't look very nice. We already have a winner, or else I'd have chosen Eerie as the runner up. That name will come third.

hmmm i'm thinking lake destroya or lake of the lost souls or something i'm not really go at naming stuff
    Sounds like a pun on Destroyer. :x

Sorry.

Um..Maybe

Lake Shadiw
    Lake Mistiq
    Shidiw sounds like a spelling mistake of Shadow, and Mystique* is a very generic name. It's used too often. I need something original. :P

How about Lake Estonia.
    Or Cerulean Lake.
    Cerulean comes in my game's name, so no. Lake Estonia... we'll get to that later.

Lake Koga
    Lake Dusk
    Lake Mystrow [Mystery and shadow combined xD]
    Lake Twilight
    Lake Black Water or Black Water Lake
    Lake Ancientus

Just a few options
    Koga is a gym leader's name. Not in Arlia, but in Kanto. And seeing as how you get to go to Kanto in my game, it'd be a bit weird to have a lake named after him. Especially seeing as how he's not related to the lake in any way.

The rest of the names are kind of generic, and "Black Water Lake" is totally unfitting, because the lake's water is also called the "Water of Purity" and that it can cure any Pokemon who's injured badly. :P

Now, getting to what all of you have been waiting for; the results! : D

Winner:
    Jynx Middata with Lake Mychorine
    Comments:

I loove that name. <3333 It's so simple, and yet fitting. It fits the description of the lake which I had given so perfectly, and looks and sounds good too. Just priceless. I was originally going to use it as the name of the second lake because Cuttyflam suggested Estonia, but now I know that's a country. :x

Runner Up:
    Ezalc with Lake Ancientus
    Comments:
    That's one awesome name too. I literally took an half an hour to decide which is better between the two. Ancientus will sound better as the name of the second lake; so that's how it'll be. Oh, your rewards aren't going to go unrewarded! You'll get to be the 7th Gym Leader!~

---x---

Forms to be filled:
    Winner:
    Name: [Elite 4 ____]
    Pokemon: [Max 5] [Max level - 65] [No Legendary]
    Starting Dialog:
    Ending Dialog:

Runner Up:
    Name: [Gym Leader ____]
    Pokemon: [Max 4] [Max level - 45] [No Legendary]
    Starting Dialog:
    [I'll do the ending dialog, because the 7th gym leader says something about the legendary and stuff]

Last edited:

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
    Years
  • Yay

Wow, I actually won. But any how I'm glad I could actually contribute to the making of this game.

PS- *shocked* I won *screams and run down the hallway*

PSS- I didn't win, *sighs*. These things happen, I guess. But to clear things up I thought up that name subconsciously and didn't check to see if it was a country or anything, so guys don't batter me please.

Last edited:

Waudby

That's alright, i was reading through the post and just thought, i'm sure I recognise it from somewhere so I checked as well haha.

The game's looking good. Can't wait to see some more. Alot of progress has been made on this game by the looks of things so dont give up lol.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Ah man, I wanted to enter, hmph..... What ever those names are great, and I cannot wait to see your next update, great job Archayos.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I'm an Elite Four member without winning anything? That is awesome! Keep it up Archayos, and I'm glad you like Lake Necrophys!

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    good game, im downloading now.
    wish i could do that.
    so were did you get your tiles??

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • hey Archayos, i know teh contest is over but i wanted you to make a pun of my lakes man lolz you did it to everyone else kiddin.

well anyways congrats to Jynx Middata for winning the contest. cant wait to see an update archayos.

Archayos

Years
  • good game, im downloading now.
    wish i could do that.
    so were did you get your tiles??

I made them. : p
    However, as mentioned in the credits, some of the autotiles are recolors of Don-Patches; while the trees, side-stairs and some other tiles are recolors of Kyledove's.

I'm an Elite Four member without winning anything? That is awesome! Keep it up Archayos, and I'm glad you like Lake Necrophys!

Well, you definitely provided us with so many resources; so I don't see why not. It's the least I can do. Lake Necrophys would have actually won, but you're an elite 4 already. Besides, it sounds better as the second lake's name. : D

hey Archayos, i know teh contest is over but i wanted you to make a pun of my lakes man lolz you did it to everyone else kiddin.

well anyways congrats to Jynx Middata for winning the contest. cant wait to see an update archayos.

Yeah, I'm getting the update ready. I'll have a lot of new stuff, so it's going to take a while. I'm trying to make tiles which fit well with these DP Characters right now. If nothing works out, I'll use Kyledove's tiles or something. :3

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    I made them. : p
    However, as mentioned in the credits, some of the autotiles are recolors of Don-Patches; while the trees, side-stairs and some other tiles are recolors of Kyledove's.

well u think you can lend them to me for my game?
    ill give you full credits :)
    but i understand if you cant.

Archayos

Years
  • well u think you can lend them to me for my game?
    ill give you full credits :)
    but i understand if you cant.

Nope, sorry. It's something which I wish to hold unique to my own game. I might release the tileset and the autotiles to the public once the game is finished.
    HOWEVER, here are two links which might help you:
    Kyledove's Tiles - I've got the trees (which are recolored) and the side-stairs from here. You can get some stuff from there, I guess.
    Don Patch's Tiles - I'm using some of his autotiles. Of course, I've recolored them so that they can fit with my palette, but yeah. He has some pretty cute trees too, so you might want to consider using them.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • So that's your secret!!

No, but really, you can't go wrong with using either of those graphics, both are great.

And I cannot wait for the next update Archayos!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back