• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Fae Stones [Updated 22nd Aug]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Lalala. I like capitals. And colouring. This is the start of my scripting the first few events, so style/colouring is subject to change :).

2d1n6vs.jpg

A more dynamic environment...

fvl16d.gif

Some new items...

wassc9.gif

Last edited:

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
I really like the colour of those trees, I think they're stunning! I also like how you create a more living world, with the Sunkerns and Kabuto's. Looking forward to try out this hack!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I really like the colour of those trees, I think they're stunning! I also like how you create a more living world, with the Sunkerns and Kabuto's. Looking forward to try out this hack!

Thank you :3 The palette has been tweaked slightly since the original, after a few people thought it was too dark - so this was the (lovely) compromise! Sunkern and Kabuto (and Swellow) oh my! I intend to use a few lesser-known pokemon and giving them a new walk of life. Yes, Sunkern has a stat-boost.

Just showing off a bit more scripting. I'll be redoing the first post today as well~

2ezpog3.png
o5yl42.png

Clearly not the entire script, there are movements and further text in between these screenshots.

I've decided to go with capitalising pokemon names, place names and item names. I won't be caps-ing the word pokemon, generally, nor character names.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Looking stunning! I really appreciate the flowers on this screenshot:

2pyrref.png

(don't know if they are new or if I didn't noticed them early. anyway they are really pretty)

It's really nice to see that you ported over to JPAN's engine. I'm planning to do the same with my hack, it must be a really tedious work but i think it's worth it :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Looking stunning! I really appreciate the flowers on this screenshot:

Thanks! They're new to this tileset, I like them a lot more than the shaking red ones - they're a bit more natural, less overwhelming and look quite nice as a little patch.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
This looks very interesting. I'm curious about the Fae stones and how they will play into the game. How many Pokemon will be in this hack, just 386 or more?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
x0vj8w.png

Can't decide if 'the Rangers' or 'The Rangers' ;-; hmm hmm.

(Oh look I made a pretty letter screen)

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2019
I'd suggest 'the Rangers' - gives it a more cobbled-together feel, fitting for a post-apoc-esque setting, rather than acting like it were a long-standing heavily-organized force. You don't join "The Rangers, LLC" - you just join up with the miscellaneous folks tough enough to call themselves a 'Ranger.' Just my opinion on the kind of tone you may want to adopt.

[[This used to be a VM until I realized that was a dumb idea, as no one else could be swayed by the above (doubtlessly flawless) reasoning...]]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Decision made then ;) luckily it is the decision that requires no effort! XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 25, 2019
Glad this is still being worked on, been following for awhile. Its looking great, keep up the good work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Although I'm not a fan of the colours of the grass, I like the way your hack looks. The maps are decent and the scripting looks solid. You seem to have interesting ideas and I'm hoping the story you're planning is as interesting and mysterious as I'm expecting it to be after the hack's recent name change.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Glad this is still being worked on, been following for awhile. Its looking great, keep up the good work.

Although I'm not a fan of the colours of the grass, I like the way your hack looks. The maps are decent and the scripting looks solid. You seem to have interesting ideas and I'm hoping the story you're planning is as interesting and mysterious as I'm expecting it to be after the hack's recent name change.

Thank you! :) I'm not entirely decided on my grass palette, it's the hardest one to balance since it's so dominant on the map - which is why I've opted for a rather plain, not-too-colourful grass palette for now.

Not much new, I've fiddled, inserted more (SECRET ;D) overworld sprites anddddd done some scripting.

See, see!

2885v6a.png

Last edited:

Etherion

*sigh*
:(

anyways, I noticed a stone your signature in the grand festival RP :3
It looked so... mysterious, I had to click...
nice hack! more power :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
my post has been deleted....
*sigh*
:(

anyways, I noticed a stone your signature in the grand festival RP :3
It looked so... mysterious, I had to click...
nice hack! more power :D

Thanks, Gio! :)

Little progress here and there, I have done a wee bit more scripting, started a few more graphical updates (new [!] emotes etc.) and started a mockup of the titlescreen.

SUBJECT TO CHANGE - NOT INSERTED
2crwvh4.png

If anyone happens to be amazing at these things feel free to upstage me

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
UPDATE

Scripting for obtaining a partner-Pokémon is now complete! I say partner, rather than starter, as it's nowhere near your typical selection. This time, you must save Pokémon around Pewter City - eventually you'll get to pick one to keep with you!

I want to keep as much of it underwraps as possible - but one pokémon is well hidden, one is fairly obvious and encountering one is forced. Here is the last in that list:​

Spoiler:

NON-SPOILERY:
rbxsnb.png
mucqci.png

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
So, out of the Pokemon we saved, we can only choose 1? What if the players chooses to save 6 and decides that the player likes all of them? What a tough decision it will be to pick one out of a cast! But, that's a great alternative than the usual choosing of one from a lab. I can't wait to see more! :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So, out of the Pokemon we saved, we can only choose 1? What if the players chooses to save 6 and decides that the player likes all of them? What a tough decision it will be to pick one out of a cast! But, that's a great alternative than the usual choosing of one from a lab. I can't wait to see more! :D

TOUGH! ;D This way, you can actually check your pokemon's stats/abilities before getting stuck with it :P.

Some more scripting! The second is a bit more important than you might think, as it shows I have coloured the default messages to match the rest of my colour use.

nvqpt3.png
2iqzh2o.png

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Changes to Evolution
So! In my hack evolution will be changing slightly, with the addition of more evolution stones, this hack will be no exception. In case it is not yet clear, stones actually play a big roll in the story - so it's not really a surprise many Pokémon now evolve by them. I'll even explain it in the story.

Also, please be reassured that many Pokémon now have altered stats to reflect changes to their family/evolution.

Also, I'll be changing this post a lot - hence why I've made it look b-e-a-uuuuutiful.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Changes to Evolution
So! In my hack evolution will be changing slightly, with the addition of more evolution stones, this hack will be no exception. In case it is not yet clear, stones actually play a big roll in the story - so it's not really a surprise many Pokémon now evolve by them. I'll even explain it in the story.

Also, please be reassured that many Pokémon now have altered stats to reflect changes to their family/evolution.

Also, I'll be changing this post a lot - hence why I've made it look b-e-a-uuuuutiful.

Spoiler:

Can you make an option (or a patch, perhaps) that has it without the type changes? I like it when there's no type changes, but if no that's okay, it's probably just me being picky. Good luck on your hack :)

Back