• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
yeah they did. in one of the episodes where ash was back in pallet town, he and brock watched a recording of an elite four fight where bruno fought. later in the episode, they helped him catch an onix

Darn you, but i mean we still don't know were you fight the E4 or if it's a tournament, or you fight them day after day or what.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Paul took on an E4 member in the d/p eps. I haven't paid too much attention to detail in the past few years, but I did see that episode. I want to say that Paul also challenged Cynthia, but I'd have to look into it. Lastly, the D/P E4 was difficult if you didn't spend a month or more going through the game. Most people hit victory road with levels ranging from 40-60. In my personal opinion I try to train hard and be at least 10 levels above the champion. I can't wait for Platinum, I hear Pearl tops out at close to 95 or 100. As for the special test thing, I think that's a great idea but it should be a one shot thing and should be so hard that there's only a one in a million chance it could be passed. maybe a super hard "written" portion and then the super tough battle portion; for exmaple, I think it would be good to do the random pokemon thing for the battle portion. If you do it like that you are tested for battle skill and not game knowledge. It also makes it nearly impossible to cheat because it's randomized.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Paul took on an E4 member in the d/p eps. I haven't paid too much attention to detail in the past few years, but I did see that episode. I want to say that Paul also challenged Cynthia, but I'd have to look into it. Lastly, the D/P E4 was difficult if you didn't spend a month or more going through the game. Most people hit victory road with levels ranging from 40-60. In my personal opinion I try to train hard and be at least 10 levels above the champion. I can't wait for Platinum, I hear Pearl tops out at close to 95 or 100. As for the special test thing, I think that's a great idea but it should be a one shot thing and should be so hard that there's only a one in a million chance it could be passed. maybe a super hard "written" portion and then the super tough battle portion; for exmaple, I think it would be good to do the random pokemon thing for the battle portion. If you do it like that you are tested for battle skill and not game knowledge. It also makes it nearly impossible to cheat because it's randomized.

1. Welcome

2. I forgot about Paul ...

3. No P will not have 95-100 check Bulbapedia

4. Written? WTF?

Years
I warned you and you disregarded it. Hence, this thread will be closed.
It's incredible how little regard you have for the rules. This thread currently looks like a mess caused by a monkey unleashed upon a kitchen filled with bananas.

Captain Arcane can create a new thread when he gets back, or PM me to get this reopened.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2009
Is the proyect active?

And now? I saw Captain Arcane is active, but waht about the proyect? It is being developed now? Thanks

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Well, all I can say is that it's finally here!

Yay, I'm considered official now as well! :D

~Mooshykris

(ps hopefully as project staff, this wouldn't be called a Spam Post)

Darkraza

The shadow of the Skies
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
Hvae you received my PM?

Cap. Arcane, have you received my PM applying to be a staff menber?
Oh, and i just noted you added route 3, its so big there is even a center in it! great work!!!

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
The Thread is Reopened

The Thread is Reopened
It is with great pleasure that I can announce that the thread is now reopened! Please be sure to check out the new front page for new information, and features.

Even though the thread has been reopened, this is not a sign to repeat the same mistake as last time. For those of you who do not know, this thread was closed do to disdain against forum, and thread rules. By reopening this thread, you all must take responsibility for your actions, and learn to follow rules accordingly. And that applies to all staff members and fans.

There are new rules to be read about the thread, and there are now strict consequences for breaking them. So before posting anything, I would advise "everyone" to read over the newly established rules and guidelines. There are consequences to breaking them, and no one is an exception to the rule.

Announcements
Though, this is also a great time. I have new maps to bring, and wonderful news! So please keep reading on, and I'm sure that you will be very excited at the great developments that the game is receiving.

First off, I would like to announce the affiliation between Pokémon Orchestral Arrangement and Pokémon the Lost World. Pokémon Orchestral Arrangement (POA), is a team of amazing composers who are recreating all of the known music that has been featured in the official Pokémon games. With amazing soundfonts, their contribution to this game will be immeasurable.

Director of POA, and great friend, Mooshykirs is takes his position seriously, and with his, and his teams help, this game will be more beautiful than every imagined.

Speaking of beauty, there is also another spot of news that must be covered. During early winter, the decision was made to convert to Kyledove's style of tiles. And with great practice, and determination, I have remade tiles that reflect the smooth and subtle tones that make Kyledove's style so addictive and beautiful. But not only that, his style of art allows for more detail, without throwing the games appearance off balance. With the integration of the Hotel Room system, people are going to want as much detail as possible, and it makes my maps look pretty too!

Also, the new maps of Route 1, and Route 2 are featured on the front page, along with the converted maps of Route 3, and Pallet Town. Viridian City should hopefully be done soon. And for those of you who are curious, converting a map is actually simple. I do not have to remake it at all, all I have to do is recreate the new tiles that are used in the map, and then replace the old tiles with the new ones. Viridian City should be done soon. Other maps are getting started as well, and there should hopefully be a continuing flow of map production from this day forward.

And, I would also like to take an approtunity to thank a person who doesn't know how much they've done. I forgot to mention this person when I originally made the update, and I feel terrible about it. But this person deserves many thanks, and is very important to me, and the entire game. This person is Rhuan, our one, and only scripter. Though some of you may not know him, Rhuan is a person who will stand up for himself, and also has great skill. He, in my opinion and probably many others, is one of the best scripters for Sphere. And I will never be able to fully explain the amount of dedication he gave me, and still gives me. Rhuan came to me, offering to be the Scripter for Pokémon the Lost World, and I myself already knew who he was, me being a member of the sphere community. I was estatic, I couldn't believe that he wanted to help, so I accepted, and Rhuan has given me the capability to really see this project to the end. He deserves all of our thanks, and gratitude. I sued to think that I would be able to script, and take on this by my self, but after realization, I knew that I couldn't. And that's when Rhuan came into the picture. Like I said, he really has brought this game into full realization, and without him, this would be impossible. Thank you Rhuan.

So, welcome back everyone, it's great to have this thread up and running again. Please be sure to check out the homepage of POA as well. And don't forget to read over the front page for the update, new news concerning the game, and the new rules as well.
Here's the link to POA's hompage.
Pokémon Orchestral Arrangement

In Conclusion
On a last note, I would like to reassure all of you, who love this game, and understand what it stands for.

This project is a symbol of our gratitude. We are really doing this, and my team and I put our hearts and soul into this. Just because the thread closes doesn't mean that this game has stopped. We are here to stay, and we are here to finish this. Though it may take a long time, it will be finished. Not only that, there are many things that you do not know. The surprises we have in store for you are great, but they will come when they will come. But the most important thing that "you" can do, is believe.

Don't let people bring you down, and say this is not possible. Do you know why? Because it is possible. We are already doing it, and we are not giving up. And for those of you who cannot accept this, then we only ask for you to stay away. Keeping your mind closed is a very dense thing to do, and by not believing in this, you are keeping your mind closed.

I don't care if many people have tried to do this before. I don't care if countless people have failed. I don't "care" that "this" hasn't been done before. I don't "care," and neither does my team, and neither do the fans. If you cannot contemplate the seriousness of this project, and the determination that the fans, the team and I share, then you might as well leave this thread right now and never come back, because we will not put up with intolerance, and closed minded thoughts.

This is really happening, and I want to let you all know that we are not giving up, and that we will never give up.

Thank you to Nintendo, and those who believe and support,
Pokémon the Lost World Staff
Captain Arcane

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
You're using anime characters, taking the design of manga characters and relabeling them... Are you sure thats a good idea? Good luck with the *POA* sound system and other updates.

Edit: I still love your maps

Captain Arcane

Years
You're using anime characters, taking the design of manga characters and relabeling them... Are you sure thats a good idea? Good luck with the *POA* sound system and other updates

I used those pictures because Ash looks like that, seeing how that is Ash, just with the name Red. And Gary as well. Even though the stroy lines are completely different, I am only using the pictures to give users, and fans a visual description of who the beginning main characters are.

If I were to say that Luara and Neesha were two new characters, without showing any image, people would be very curious, and ask countless quesitons.

Like I said, those pictures are only to visually describe the characters, they have almost no real barings to the manga at all, except for who they are. I came up with the names for yellow and the other girl, in order to stem away from the manga as well.

Though, some events within the manga series will have some affects on this game. But I am not disclosing those that at the moment.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Not sure if me becoming a member of the team was ever announced by anyone but me :P lol. I boast too much. I'm on the list though, so that's enough.

edit: Seems that's been corrected... I'm too arrogant as it is though....

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I used those pictures because Ash looks like that, seeing how that is Ash, just with the name Red. And Gary as well. Even though the stroy lines are completely different, I am only using the pictures to give users, and fans a visual description of who the beginning main characters are.

If I were to say that Luara and Neesha were two new characters, without showing any image, people would be very curious, and ask countless quesitons.

Like I said, those pictures are only to visually describe the characters, they have almost no real barings to the manga at all, except for who they are. I came up with the names for yellow and the other girl, in order to stem away from the manga as well.

Though, some events within the manga series will have some affects on this game. But I am not disclosing those that at the moment.

Aha, forgive me. Is the tree with the blue specks suppised to be a berry tree? If so, its a very interesting idea.

Captain Arcane

Years
Aha, forgive me. Is the tree with the blue specks suppised to be a berry tree? If so, its a very interesting idea.

Actually, that is an Apricot Tree!! Berries are still going to be those plants you can water, but apricots haev always been trees. And, I made them like that so they actually look like an apricot tree.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Just wow. Im really impressed with the maps and all. But like OG I would like to know how far you are with the BS.

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
Hmmm...
Very nice Arcane ^^
Kyledove style tiles, one thing I was shocked to see. I wonder why you decided to change... Maybe because of the "...smooth and subtle tones...".
Very nice indeed Arcane
Can't wait for more :3

Sicnerely,
~Red Gyrados

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Apricots in Kanto, very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back