• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

they are hand made by kyldove?
    Kyledove sprited them...
    Do you know the difference between ripping and spriting?

CA got the tiles from Kyldove, and he adapted his older tyles to match with the DP tiles from kyle.

Atomic Reactor

CA estimates that the entire game will be about 3GB
    He stated that earlier in the thread.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    3GB? I understand this is meant to be a large project, but isn't 3GB a little too large? :\

Most of the maps will be 10+mb (unless perhaps I come up with a compression system...) now think 5 regions, how many towns in each, each town takes min of two maps

And you start to see the idea...

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
  • Is there going to be the Lake of Rage Event?
    If not, the lake of rage can not be empty.
    The lake of rage should have a higher magikarp shiny capture rate (aka more shiny magikarp!)
    Wahoo!
    The Red Gyarados wasn't an evolved shiny magikarp, it was like that due to the forced evolution. (I think that was game canon anyway, I'm pretty sure it was for anime)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Ok, now for my 2 cents on the recent pages of posting:

Good luck with the *POA* sound system and other updates.

Um...lolwut? Sorry, but that description is just odd to me :\

Just wow. Im really impressed with the maps and all. But like OG I would like to know how far you are with the BS.

What do you mean?

And I'm looking forward to hearing the new POA music... Unless it's already released?...

You'll have to see on that. The Lost World will use many of POA's normal mixes, which can already be found on both our site and Youtube channel; Some of the music will also be specially mixed for TLW, including some costomly composed songs just for this game. This custom music, however, is still in debate on whether it will be actually released or not.

Check https://poamusic.net/ now and then for updates on this matter.

I haven't received word from you about my "job application", CA

You will just have to be patient on this matter, as it takes time.

if you dont mind me asking will there be any special features youll be adding to fiore and almia

and route 2 and 3 are massive

also whatdo we need to do if we want to join the team

Firstly, fixed. Please calm down and take your time with the typing :P

Second, Fiore as far as I know is confirmed, and Almia is under discussion.

Lastly, did you read the front page? :\ It should be quite clear, you send an application to Captain Arcane.

The new maps are extremely large, they will make for a game at least 100 better than the original games. The only thing is, will the maps fit? If the maps are encreased in size at different rates, they might not fit together which would make a serious problem. I hope this helps

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. What do you mean exactly? :\

Name: Macle
    Position Title: Pokemon resource information person
    Email address: [email protected]
    Instant Messenger:yahoo

Experience in this field: I watch anime i have played some games

Examples of your work:don't know how to show that

Details about yourself: I like sports and pokemon.I wear glasses(not nerd)not good
    at dating girls.

You need to PM Captain Arcane the application, not post it here.

Just Great stuff, i already commented about the new maps, but i will again, its just great, incredibly huge, but there a place with a cave and a path that goes arround it, but that cave is inpossible to enter... there is no stairs of rockclimb...

Everything is going to work together and make sense in the end.

And also, i already asked about this, but it seems u havent answered, ieve sent you an PM for applying, did you recieve it? If not say so i can send it again, ill also have some new stuff since now that you upgraded to DP tiles, i need to make the furniture DP style... (Im applying for furniture designer, Interior Decorator as said on the topic)

Again, it takes time.

Third, since for what i do ill actually have my own mini store with about 20-50 pieces of furniture, can i kind of choose where my store will be? like what city, and what will i say if ppl visit it? If yes, this is a even more revulotionary game!

What do you mean?

Is there going to be the Lake of Rage Event?
    If not, the lake of rage can not be empty.
    The lake of rage should have a higher magikarp shiny capture rate (aka more shiny magikarp!)
    Wahoo!

If you did that, it wouldn't make Red Gyarados an almost Unique Status :P

C.A where did you get the tiles for route 3.

Captain Arcane and others make them.

3GB? I understand this is meant to be a large project, but isn't 3GB a little too large? :\

Ok, I'll tell you what, in my part. We'll decrease the size of the game, and you can have super compressed, low quality music :P

Just saying :P

Wow, that was a lot :D

Yeah, I know some of it was answered, but I just wanted to give my thoughts on the matters.

~Mooshykris

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    I'm really in love with this game, I really hope to see in-game screenshots soon.

Just a question (I don't know if it is already asked): Will there be translations?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I'm really in love with this game, I really hope to see in-game screenshots soon.

Just a question (I don't know if it is already asked): Will there be translations?

I have read earlier on that the answer is no, The Lost World is English Exclusive.

~Mooshykris

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Most of the maps will be 10+mb (unless perhaps I come up with a compression system...) now think 5 regions, how many towns in each, each town takes min of two maps

And you start to see the idea...

*Reads* Wow, this game will truly be amazing!

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • I believe that it was said earlier that the player can get to the orange islands by boat, plane, or surfing. This stirred a thought in my head. Will the boat and plane have a real time clock and you have to wait for several days in the real world for the boat or plane to land in the orange islands? And if you choose to surf, will there be small islands that you could stop at with pokecenters on them? If it is just one really long stretch, it would be almost impossible due to the amount of wild pokemon out in the open sea.

joeloa

booklover88
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Based on Pika Storms idea, would you have other trainers to battle on the boats or planes?
    Also, there sould be news on TVs that activate certian events.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • I have a weird question to ask... Since you're gonna include all the regions in one game, you might have noticed that the maps would soon become a problem considering the maximum number of maps available in a RMXP game is 999. So would you please tell me how will you settle the maps limit issue?

Darkraza

The shadow of the Skies
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010

Wat do you mean?
    I mean that, since n you hotel rooms, you can have furniture, and there will be local store with furnitre, the its almost obvious there will be stores with the furniture i made. i suppose Cap. Arcane will let me choose where the store with my furniture is, but the question here is: On the store, will the person who sells be any ramdom one? or will it be actually me, with my nickname, overowrld of my choice, ect.
    If yes, this is epic, helpers actually get to be an npc in the game, if yes, i also suppose everyone here who helps will have a house on a city since there are so many cities, just to fill the houses!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back