• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, since the origional games came out, its become boring just to be a master of something ... you must cream someone while doing so!! :P
    most games are like that nowadays ... while sometimes it is exiting, other times you just have to wonder 'why this character'? or 'yawn, seen it before, steriotype :('

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    It's really Arcane's choice, but since Rayquaza won't be appearing for at least two or so regions, I would think it highly unlikely.

All the same, it's not my choice, but if there is any way I can help, just tell me and I'll do what I can!

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    question - are the gym leaders going to be giving you Tms again? because then that would be 28 TMs that you get. Additionally, are there goign to be restrictions on what HMs you can use in the new territories?

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
  • Question to Captain Arcane

question to Capt. Arcane:
    we now know what the starter pokemon are, but what about the starter trainers ? can you choose between male and a female ? and who will they be (may & brendon from sapphire &ruby)(the boy and girl from the firered and leafgreen games)(Dawn and the boy from Diamond and pearl) ?

Naroko

Shadow Reaper
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    one question.Will you and gary take a starter and then Ash gets a pikachu like in the anime???

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    one question.Will you and gary take a starter and then Ash gets a pikachu like in the anime???

No. The starters go like this:
    Kanto, Sevii Islands, Orange Islands (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle)
    Johto (Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile)
    Hoenn, Orre (Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip)
    Sinnoh, Fiore (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Just saying again that this is awesome, I looked at the first post again, and I see that you have updated it a tonne. If only I could have made this into a MMORPG........ lol.

Lucario rocks

Mmm... Crispy
    Years
  • Poketopia?

You could also do poketopia from PBR except you could make it a online world tournament where people who have completed every elite 4 and battle frontier. You could have the colloseum leaders as qualifiers and then you defeat mysterial. After, you unlock a huge colosseum where you battle other trainers online and every hour there is a tournament and the prize could be a trophie and a lvl 100 pokemon of your choosing (except legendaries or event pokemon).

Poketopia could be south of Sinnoh (connected) and there is a special plane pass you obtain from Proffesser Oak after you complete the requirements to unlock Poketopia.

I hope you like my idea

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, who would want a lvl 100 pokemon? they aren't good unless the IVs and EVs are good also.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Really? I never thought like that before. Then again, I never did own a level 100 pokemon before. I never seem to get past level 80. Still, you could gain a pokemon egg, or a rare TM that you can't get copies of anywhere else. Except for one place, if you want. You could bring back the old TMs to do so, like Fissure, or Mega Kick and so on. Wait, was Mega Kick even a TM move in RBY?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    You could also do poketopia from PBR except you could make it a online world tournament where people who have completed every elite 4 and battle frontier. You could have the colloseum leaders as qualifiers and then you defeat mysterial. After, you unlock a huge colosseum where you battle other trainers online and every hour there is a tournament and the prize could be a trophie and a lvl 100 pokemon of your choosing (except legendaries or event pokemon).

Poketopia could be south of Sinnoh (connected) and there is a special plane pass you obtain from Proffesser Oak after you complete the requirements to unlock Poketopia.

I hope you like my idea

South? That's Impossible, Kanto is directly south of Sinnoh.
    Poketopia may be to the North of Johto

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
    Years
  • So I noticed the bike in Route 1...
    ...Is that a throwback to Misty's bike from the show?
    If so, that's pretty cool.
    Also, if so, you should maybe add a waterfall to that pond/lake, as there was one in the show.
    This, of course, is just if you want it to be that similar.
    Only a harmless suggestion.

On the other hand, I'm thinking I should congratulate you for being the first person I've seen
    to deviate from the "2 houses and a lab" look for pallet (and have it actually look decent).
    If the other towns look that good, then this game should be something spectacular in the way of maps.

Oh yeah, and you made a comment about wanting "realistic" sizes for towns, right?
    Does this mean that Saffron and Celadon are gonna be crazy-huge?
    That would be kind of cool, even though it would take a while to walk through the city,
    though that could be kinda scenic if you did it right.

Oh, and nice job on the pokemon center, by the way.
    It's pretty spiffy.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Really? *checks*

Well I was basing that off of the "Official" world map, But I guess its fine.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Offical? There's an offical map of where all the Pokemon regions are placed? Is it based off where the real-life regions are? (Since all regions names in the games, possibly excepting the islands, are based off real Japanese regions.)

EDIT: Also, I noticed some routes which branched out of Kanto and Johto on the map? What is that area called, exactly?

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Holidays cause a lot of problems...>____>

Wow, I've been gone for quite a while haven't I!! Which I'm sorry for, but I have been very busy with not Pokemon The Lost World, but personal, family, and a lot of holiday stuff. Even though I said that it would be released soon, I have been so busy lately that this has been one of the last things on my mind. But I have not forgotten about it, or you guys, its just that family comes first in many ways. Which is the reason why I have not, and will not give a specific date for the release. But one thing you can be sure on, is that the demo will be released sometime in January. I give you my word. (more like a whole paragraph)

Now to answer some question and clear a few things up that seem to be confusing people.
    Q's and A's

Q.
    Naroko:
    A.Gary receives an Evee from Professor Oak, seeing how that he is his grandfather, one would think think that Gary would get a special Pokemon. Ash, on the other hand gets a Pikachu, while you get one of the three original ones(i.e. bulbasaur, charmander, and squirtle)

Q.
    FrostFlame:
    Also, I noticed some routes which branched out of Kanto and Johto on the map? What is that area called, exactly?
    A.There are two areas that are connected to Kanto and Johto, the area above Johto is Orre, the area above Kanto is Fiorre.

Q.#1
    zephadus:
    So I noticed the bike in Route 1...
    ...Is that a throwback to Misty's bike from the show?
    A. Hahaha :D, yes it is, your the first one to point that out, and if you look closer, the bike is the same color as Misty's as well!
    Q.#2
    Also, if so, you should maybe add a waterfall to that pond/lake, as there was one in the show.
    This, of course, is just if you want it to be that similar.
    A. I tried to implement that, but the waterfall that is featured in the anime, would be facing north on the map, which would be confusing and weird to implement, and might cause confusions while playing the game. Though I would love to, it seems to be a to much of a hassle, but thank you for the suggestion.
    Q.#3
    Oh yeah, and you made a comment about wanting "realistic" sizes for towns, right?
    Does this mean that Saffron and Celadon are gonna be crazy-huge?
    That would be kind of cool, even though it would take a while to walk through the city,
    though that could be kinda scenic if you did it right.
    A. Hahaha, yep, I hope everyone pays attention to this answer. Concider the size of Pallet Town, realistic, true to the anime and the game, but the thing that stands out the most is the size. Yes, I agree that it is H-U-G-E (for emphasis), but I will not agree that it is "too" huge. Y'know what I'm say'n. Now, if Pallet Town is to a almost perfect scale, imagine....I dunno, Goldenrod City, Celadon, Olivine City!!! All I can say is that hopefully you remember to pick up your town map from Gary's sister!!!

Q.
    Lucario rocks:
    A. I have decided "not" to include Poketopia. Reason being is that, once I reveal some of the capabilities that are going to be available, you wont even need or even think about Poketopia! Good suggestion by the way.

Q.
    Toph:
    question to Capt. Arcane:
    we now know what the starter pokemon are, but what about the starter trainers ? can you choose between male and a female ? and who will they be (may & brendon from sapphire &ruby)(the boy and girl from the firered and leafgreen games)(Dawn and the boy from Diamond and pearl) ?
    A. Yes, you can be a boy or girl, but, when it comes to your trainer, that is up to you! Meaning, that you can choose from almost any trainer sprite in the game, the key word in that sentence by the way was "almost".

Q.
    scienceboy:
    question - are the gym leaders going to be giving you Tms again? because then that would be 28 TMs that you get. Additionally, are there goign to be restrictions on what HMs you can use in the new territories?
    A. Yes Gym leaders will still be giving you those DVD TM's LoL. And about your restriction question, if you go into a region where you can't use surf outside of battle, you are still able to use it inside of battle, like it already is in the games.

The Whole Rayquaza Thing:
    (also known as ROFLOL)
    LoL, alright, though I kinda like the idea, but at the same time sounded really funny, the answer is a big fat "No". Rayquaza will not be bombing the world. I do in fact have a story for Pokemon The Lost World, but I'm not going to release all of it yet. But expect the beginning of the story to be released within within a week.

Alright, I think that covers all the questions so far, if I missed any I'm sorry, I'll get to those later.

Atomic Reactor

but it looks wonderful.
    i like the realism!
    keep it up Arcane.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Wow, Arcane, thanks for answering all the questions! I wondered where Fiore and Orre were, and now I know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back