• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    I don't know if this will make the game longer but when a pokemon flys it should be like DragonBall Z Legacy of Goku 2 in 3d in stead of 2d

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    that would add like a minute to each flying time ... and it would be kinda pointless here, don't you think?
    in DBZ there was a point to it because there were places in the air that you could fight, but in pokemon you can only fly to where a pokemon center is. making it in 3d would serve no helpful point to it - just add another layer of complexity and time wasting that isn't needed

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Don't worry, CA, no true fan could ever leave you

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    this game is awsome who wouldnt be an instant fan!!!i cant wait for the full release! :)

=Zack=

Is it worth fighting for?
    Years
  • This game looks great, and different, but honestly, I can't see this working.

1. Maps - Yes, huge maps is great and all, but I would imagine they'd lag horribly. I'm no game designer, but I think they'd lag unless Sphere can handle large stuff like that. And even though big maps are awesome, why the hell would you need that many houses? Hell, you might as well add China Town and a railway system. Most people probably won't visit half of those, so it'd just be wasting space. I know you're going for "realistic", but c'mon, huge maps just won't cut it. Hell, I've even read you've got lost in Viridian before, and you made it. What'll people who just began playing do?

2. Customizable Character - I personally like the idea of being able to change your character, but how will you manage the trainer sprites in a battle? Will you have specific sprites for every single combination? =\

3. Every Region - It's a hawt idea, but c'mon. That ,alone, will take a year or two to map out every single route, town, and anything else. And at the rate this project is going, that's being generous.

4. Online - It's a smexy idea. 'Nuff said.

Overall, the project overall could use some work, but it's good enough. Take my points into consideration if you will and use to to shape your game into perfection.

And I swear to the holy lord if somebody dares to say I'm trolling or flaming I'm snap their neck in half. It's called critique, as in I'm helping better the game with my own opinions. Too many people think this game is the best thing since sliced bread, but you have to look at the facts. This game hasn't had any real advancement since god knows when. It's almost been a year since this thread was posted and look how far Arcane is. I'm not impressed yet. This game has potential, but can't reach it because of the many flaws.

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
  • This game looks great, and different, but honestly, I can't see this working.

1. Maps - Yes, huge maps is great and all, but I would imagine they'd lag horribly. I'm no game designer, but I think they'd lag unless Sphere can handle large stuff like that. And even though big maps are awesome, why the hell would you need that many houses? Hell, you might as well add China Town and a railway system. Most people probably won't visit half of those, so it'd just be wasting space. I know you're going for "realistic", but c'mon, huge maps just won't cut it. Hell, I've even read you've got lost in Viridian before, and you made it. What'll people who just began playing do?

2. Customizable Character - I personally like the idea of being able to change your character, but how will you manage the trainer sprites in a battle? Will you have specific sprites for every single combination? =\

3. Every Region - It's a hawt idea, but c'mon. That ,alone, will take a year or two to map out every single route, town, and anything else. And at the rate this project is going, that's being generous.

4. Online - It's a smexy idea. 'Nuff said.

Overall, the project overall could use some work, but it's good enough. Take my points into consideration if you will and use to to shape your game into perfection.

And I swear to the holy lord if somebody dares to say I'm trolling or flaming I'm snap their neck in half. It's called critique, as in I'm helping better the game with my own opinions. Too many people think this game is the best thing since sliced bread, but you have to look at the facts. This game hasn't had any real advancement since god knows when. It's almost been a year since this thread was posted and look how far Arcane is. I'm not impressed yet. This game has potential, but can't reach it because of the many flaws.
    okay....

1. you'ld be surprised what sphere can hold

2. you'ld be surprised what you can do with sphere

3. arcane is extremley fast at making maps, also there are probably a lot of people who have applied to help so there is going to be a huge staff

4. poccils starter kit already has it, i bet arcane is going to figure it out too.

also it has a looot of advancements that captain arcane doesn't want to announce.

i am not saying your flaming i'm just clearing some things up for you.

i am not an expert just saying the general information

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • 1. They will be great. And you don't have to say hell 3 times in one paragraph.

3. Don't be such a put-downer.

Also, don't be such a smartass. You only have 23 posts.

Also... you're just making him feel downright bad. Why don't you go make a better game, smartass?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I gotta be honest with you, compared to other games, he's taking pretty long to post some news or anything.
    But just remember making games is not simple.
    It's just your opinion zack, but seriously dont think your right..

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    first off, to address one of the responses to that post ... so what if he has 23 posts? post count has nothing to do with how good a person is on a forum - i know alot of sites where the admins have a lesser post count than 3/4 the people on the forum. dont judge someone by their post count.

as to the actual post - you're right. there probably doesn't need to be that many houses. but, its a fun thing to put in, and who knows? all those houses might be fun to explore. its all a part of the experience

additionally, the characters are customizable using different parts that are combined to a whole. Its really not that hard to adjust the trainer sprites in battle the same way.

Atomic Reactor

It's starting to get a little out of hand.

No memysleforwho, you can't have any tiles from Viridian.
    He doesn't want to share his extremely hard work just yet.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    he said to apply through a pm - it makes it easier to keep track of things and then the 'interview' doesn't clog up the thread.

=Zack=

Years
  • 1. They will be great. And you don't have to say hell 3 times in one paragraph.

3. Don't be such a put-downer.

Also, don't be such a smartass. You only have 23 posts.

Also... you're just making him feel downright bad. Why don't you go make a better game, smartass?

Hm, so since I have 23 posts (well, 24 now), does that make me inferior to you and people who have more posts? What if I said you should stop being a little kid because you're only 13?

It's called critique. I'm expressing my opinions. You should learn to handle them instead of getting angry. And there's no need to say "smartass", though you pointed that I was being repetitive with "hell". And I'm questioning whether you read my post or not because I even said that I'm not a game designer, and you're telling me to make a game. I'm giving him the cons of the game. This project isn't perfect, much to your disappointment. I'm trying to better the game. You need to understand that. I'm trying to help Arcane do a better job than he's done now.

And tell me, how do you know I'm making him feel bad? He hasn't signed on in how long? If anything, he should apreiciate me for giving my opinions. But apparently, some people here are too thick headed to realize I'm trying to help, not put down Arcane. I want to see what Arcane has in store as much as the next guy, but this project just doesn't impress me yet. Though, reading some of Arcane's posts, it seems like he might have something in store that might just do the trick.

And Atomic, I was just clearing some things up, not trying to light a flame war. I'm actually trying to act mature.

Years
  • Nahh zack, better drop the subject.
    You where right in a way, I can't remember the last time this place got an update =p
    But you must admit that arcane has some nice skills to make a game.
    And the ideas he has are great either, but also is that possible to make.
    He's making a game and I read he wanted to make it online..
    I dont think thats possible, but we will see if this game gets further progress or not.

Atomic Reactor

And Atomic, I was just clearing some things up, not trying to light a flame war. I'm actually trying to act mature.

Yep i know! ^_^
    The person that called you a smart ass is who i was directing it towards ;P

The reason the maps are so huge btw is because they were intended for online play.
    He didn't wanna have small towns, otherwise theyd get all congested.
    maybe he can make smaller maps for offline play?

=Zack=

Years
  • Hm, really? I thought he only intended them to be big just for the realistic feel. If it's online then I would imagine you'd need large cities to contain the large fan base. However, with every region I'd think large maps still would be a bit useless considering you have all of the Pokemon world to explore.

Atomic Reactor

idk. its been so long since weve talked about it T_T

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back