• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
  • I've been playing the game and I love it, but I just ran into this frustrating glitch where the game completely stopped responding for me in the middle of a battle. I've sunk about a week of my life into patching and playing this game and I would prefer not to have wasted it. Can anybody help me here or am I screwed?

Use old save states or reset the game. It freezes sometimes so you should always save just in case for this game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    For Moxie ability, after knocking out a pokemon, the atk stat increases by 2 stages when it should be only one stage. On the bright side, it is buffed and overpowered. Maybe take a look at that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    The .zip file appears to be corrupted in some fashion. I wouldn't open it with Windows' default functionality, but managed to uncompress it with 7zip. After I did that, I tried to use the included NUPS patcher, but it told me that the .ups file was corrupted.

Any chance that you could re-upload the files?

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    I cant patch..can anyone tell me how to? or can anyone tell me where can i find the patched rom? (updated)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    Besides, I am currently playing 2016 version and i used 10 vitamins on 3 stats (Attack*10, Defense*10, HP*10) and then i tried EV training...but the stats wont go higher after the total Ev sum is 300!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    It doesn't patch to a clean Emerald ROM. why? I get an invalid checksum error. What do I patch it to?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    Wait there's still issues with patching this? I haven't kept track in a while…

Every time a ROM hacker releases something, anything, they really should redownload the base ROM, from the internet (like the average user would) and use that to create the patch. Then, download that same ROM again from the same place, and try to use that and the new patch file to make certain it successfully creates the ROM hack. Then there's zero chance of any issues happening like patching off non-vanilla emerald by mistake or switching the source/edit files in nups or whatever. That seems like pretty basic procedure to me, and I might not have many posts but I'm pretty sure most people would agree with that. It might seem asinine or unnecessary but it takes an extra 2 minutes at absolute most and removes so many easily fixed problems

I know most of what I've said in this thread seems outwardly negative but I really do enjoy this hack a lot. I only say stuff like this to try and help you realize you're working against yourself and the people who want to enjoy all the work you put into this. I don't think I have much else to say besides I hope you listen and don't take this as an attack or anything like that.

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hello, LC. I have found the bug, the Pokemon can mega evolution in double battle without getting mega bra. Can you fix it? I have figured out how to disable poison effect out of battle, if change F978F: 00 00 00 00, Pokemon will not lose HP by poison in overworld, it means BW poison effect.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • So I've been really quiet for a while, and I do apologize. I have been quite busy with school, And...something else. I have been noticing some people playing through the game and they are in their 80s, while everyone else is extremely low leveled. I'm fixing that, and let's just say...it won't be fun lol ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    You're going to make this hack more difficult? I've been trying to Nuzlocke it and I keep dying T.T... perhaps it is just my poor luck... clearly I need to grind lots more.

I do want to thank you for making this hack though, it's awesome. Thanks for making the Emerald 650 patch too! It made playing through randomized Nuzlocke challenges a lot more fun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    This game occasionally freezes, I had the same trouble with the Tate&Liza battle when Bronzong came out. I had save states and it eventually worked though. You should save often just in case the game freezes again.

Also, I don't think the IV tester guy in the Battle Frontier works.

Hi, I just thought to update this as this brought me a huge headache. You have to have Bronzong, Slowking and the Psychic-Pokemon-That-Comes-After-Gardevoir-Which-I-Cant-Remember-The-name-of *all* to the Left. If they are on the right side they will freeze (so keep killing the left pokemons so they appear there).

-- Happy playing!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Hi, I just thought to update this as this brought me a huge headache. You have to have Bronzong, Slowking and the Psychic-Pokemon-That-Comes-After-Gardevoir-Which-I-Cant-Remember-The-name-of *all* to the Left. If they are on the right side they will freeze (so keep killing the left pokemons so they appear there).

-- Happy playing!

hi, what emulator did you used?
    can you send it to me?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Besides, I am currently playing 2016 version and i used 10 vitamins on 3 stats (Attack*10, Defense*10, HP*10) and then i tried EV training...but the stats wont go higher after the total Ev sum is 300!!!

I believe LC did not progamme the evs into the pokemons later than gen 3, try defeat pokemon that are originally in emerald

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2017
    Can't use the patch with a normal Emerald ROM -.-
    pls fix that. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2020
    Help, whenever I download the ZIP file, I can't extract it or open it. Apparently the Zipped folder is empty.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2020
    Don't know if anyone has encountered this bug but the graphics of the game get extremely glitchy when battling with Swablu, hasn't been seen with any other Pokémon so far though. It started when battling on the Cycling Road but it can be reproduced elsewhere as well. If anyone knows if this happens with any other Pokémon please tell me!

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    So I've been really quiet for a while, and I do apologize. I have been quite busy with school, And...something else. I have been noticing some people playing through the game and they are in their 80s, while everyone else is extremely low leveled. I'm fixing that, and let's just say...it won't be fun lol ;)
    Hi, LC, if F978F: 00 00 00 00, the Pokemon will not lose HP by poison out of battle when you are walking, such as Pokemon Black and White, X and Y, it means BW poison effect, not DP poison effect. Can you fix the Pokemon contest bug? When I go to Pokemon contest, the game will be crashed. If you have a time, can you add the animation of Blue Flare? Some of moves don't have animation.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    Hey, enjoying the hack so far.

Can you tell me where exactly the Manectrite is? The Item List says that's it's in the Cycling Road but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Back