• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Throwback v211001: Kanto, Your Way

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    Wow, glad you're still checking on this. I got it working on my 3ds with the physical/special split as well out of personal preference. The only issue... I want to use tkim's unofficial patch but it seems like it's all or nothing. The thing is, I quite like the default clothing so I don't use that patch. I figure I might as well ask whether or not there's a modular version of the unofficial patch, or some other workaround. Thanks.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • Wow, glad you're still checking on this. I got it working on my 3ds with the physical/special split as well out of personal preference. The only issue... I want to use tkim's unofficial patch but it seems like it's all or nothing. The thing is, I quite like the default clothing so I don't use that patch. I figure I might as well ask whether or not there's a modular version of the unofficial patch, or some other workaround. Thanks.
    tkim's final update to his version of Throwback only came as the full patch. With how much work he put into it, he found it to be too much of a hassle to maintain all of the separate patches for it. And I don't blame him, it's a pain for sure. Sorry, but it really is all-or-nothing with his version. Patching back in the base graphics into his version would be a hassle regardless of who took on the job.

It seems there's an increasing number of people who don't care for the wardrobe changes. I hope I can effectively address this at some point. I've just found it hard to find the time to get back to working on Throwback lately.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Sorry fot he really late reply. I coul answer just now.
    I think the problem was a double patch applied.
    I solved it

Another question on the file with the events pokemon location it is both said that celebi cannt be obtained, and at the really end says that actually yes in the Berry Forest. WHich one is correct

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • Another question on the file with the events pokemon location it is both said that celebi cannt be obtained, and at the really end says that actually yes in the Berry Forest. WHich one is correct
    Good catch, thanks for that! I must have never updated the event guide.

Just ignore that line, then. Celebi should be obtainable in Berry Forest. I say "should be" because I've had multiple reports that it doesn't appear like it should upon returning to that area after completing the story portion there.

Years
  • Mind if i use this as a base for my yellow remake? I'll probably use the separate source code patches so I don't get everything

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • Mind if i use this as a base for my yellow remake? I'll probably use the separate source code patches so I don't get everything
    Not at all, have at it!

Just keep in mind that the "source" files are several years old at this point. They don't reflect the current release of Throwback in many regards. I keep saying that I want to get a better solution out there, but time keeps eluding me. It's just a problem of getting older, I guess. And I'm not even that old!

Years
  • Just keep in mind that the "source" files are several years old at this point. They don't reflect the current release of Throwback in many regards. I keep saying that I want to get a better solution out there, but time keeps eluding me. It's just a problem of getting older, I guess. And I'm not even that old!

that's fine, I'm sure I can fix any bugs that crop up

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
    Years
  • This hack seems really cool, especially with all its customization!

I know you're working on that tool to allow us to mix and match all the different features more easily, but in the meantime do you think you could make an alternate version of the Extras patch based on the current version of the hack that includes all the Extras features except for the movepool changes? I'd be really keen on being able to play through this hack and, when I'm done, have completely legal Pokemon that I can transfer forward to later gen games. Of course, I understand if that's too much of a hassle though; just figured I'd ask :P

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • This hack seems really cool, especially with all its customization!

I know you're working on that tool to allow us to mix and match all the different features more easily, but in the meantime do you think you could make an alternate version of the Extras patch based on the current version of the hack that includes all the Extras features except for the movepool changes? I'd be really keen on being able to play through this hack and, when I'm done, have completely legal Pokemon that I can transfer forward to later gen games. Of course, I understand if that's too much of a hassle though; just figured I'd ask :P
    I've gotten several requests for this, too! This one I'm not particularly surprised by, I can see how it could be considered more controversial when putting my pursuit of an "authentic" hack into account.

I'll try to get something out for this request at some point, before I get a tool released. Just not sure when.

UltraXTheMagmaDrapion

I regret most of my past behavior here lol.
    Years
  • I've gotten several requests for this, too! This one I'm not particularly surprised by, I can see how it could be considered more controversial when putting my pursuit of an "authentic" hack into account.

I'll try to get something out for this request at some point, before I get a tool released. Just not sure when.

Sweet, I look forward to it :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Good catch, thanks for that! I must have never updated the event guide.

Just ignore that line, then. Celebi should be obtainable in Berry Forest. I say "should be" because I've had multiple reports that it doesn't appear like it should upon returning to that area after completing the story portion there.

hey mate I could finally get to berry forest and I have complete that part of the story, but i cannot find celebi on his bush
    Any suggestions?

Another thing... I'm not sure where I can find Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, I mean the one I didn't pick up

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    hey mate I could finally get to berry forest and I have complete that part of the story, but i cannot find celebi on his bush
    Any suggestions?

Another thing... I'm not sure where I can find Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, I mean the one I didn't pick up

Anyone??

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    Hi, I've played this hack a few years back, and I loved it. But I'm curious about one specific thing. Do you have any tutorial and tools which we can use to make use of ''Jambo51: Trainer facing fix'' script? Or even a patch compatible with LG and FR 1.0 to make things easier.
    I'm interested because I wanna make a rom hack sometime later, and I want to implement that on my Fire Red rom, and also because the thread with the information regarding this subject doesn't have the attachment anymore ☹️

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Is there a way to fix GB Sound patch for LeafGreen Throwback? The item is not in the Bag apparently.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Also, I would like to see the Pokemon Moveset and Egg Moves update in Gen VI & VII, such as Gyarados with Crunch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Also, I would like to see Ability improvement outside battle just like in Pokemon Emerald (especially Synchronize and Cute Charm).

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Sorry If its not The right place. Im playing tkim unnoficial cause it not bug in mgba rg350. Where can i find encounter list?

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • On this blessed Throwback Thursday, I rise again! With proper protection for the new hazardous world we live in, of course. I hope everyone's been staying safe.
    Any suggestions?

The Celebi situation seems to be a confirmed bug at this point. I'll look into it and provide a fix in the next update.

You can get more Hitmon-evos by mating Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan with a Ditto to get a Tyrogue. Then raise its Attack and Defense stats accordingly to get whatever Hitmon-evo you want. It's always been that way since breeding was introduced to the series.
    Can you add the Pokémon Box Link system feature from Generation VIII (along with a separate patch). Sorry for bad english.
    That wasn't bad at all! 🙂

With me not being here in awhile, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head if there's a solution for this worked out yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already possible. In that case, I'll definitely look into it.
    Is there a way to fix GB Sound patch for LeafGreen Throwback? The item is not in the Bag apparently.
    I don't work on the LeafGreen version anymore, sorry. I provide the download strictly for legacy support.
    Also, I would like to see the Pokemon Moveset and Egg Moves update in Gen VI & VII, such as Gyarados with Crunch.
    I might do that in the future, but no promises. Right now I want to separate the current moveset updates from Throwback itself so that people can play with a more faithful battles. It'll still be included in the download, just patchable separately.
    Also, I would like to see Ability improvement outside battle just like in Pokemon Emerald (especially Synchronize and Cute Charm).
    I'll look into it. It depends on the implementations of each specific out-of-battle effect for each applicable Ability.

P.S.: You can edit your posts to add more to them. You don't have to make a new post for each new idea you have every few minutes. Not trying to be rude, just looking out for all people checking out this thread.
    Sorry If its not The right place. Im playing tkim unnoficial cause it not bug in mgba rg350. Where can i find encounter list?
    What bug or bugs? I don't exactly know what you mean by that. Also, I don't have an encounter list specific to tkim's version. I don't believe he ever made one, either, but I could be wrong.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    On this blessed Throwback Thursday, I rise again! With proper protection for the new hazardous world we live in, of course. I hope everyone's been staying safe.

The Celebi situation seems to be a confirmed bug at this point. I'll look into it and provide a fix in the next update.

You can get more Hitmon-evos by mating Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan with a Ditto to get a Tyrogue. Then raise its Attack and Defense stats accordingly to get whatever Hitmon-evo you want. It's always been that way since breeding was introduced to the series.

That wasn't bad at all! 🙂

With me not being here in awhile, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head if there's a solution for this worked out yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's already possible. In that case, I'll definitely look into it.

I don't work on the LeafGreen version anymore, sorry. I provide the download strictly for legacy support.

I might do that in the future, but no promises. Right now I want to separate the current moveset updates from Throwback itself so that people can play with a more faithful battles. It'll still be included in the download, just patchable separately.

I'll look into it. It depends on the implementations of each specific out-of-battle effect for each applicable Ability.

P.S.: You can edit your posts to add more to them. You don't have to make a new post for each new idea you have every few minutes. Not trying to be rude, just looking out for all people checking out this thread.

What bug or bugs? I don't exactly know what you mean by that. Also, I don't have an encounter list specific to tkim's version. I don't believe he ever made one, either, but I could be wrong.

Your rom has something that bugs in haldhelds like rg350 pocket go etc.. Tkim posted He removed this so his version works normal.. I Saw in his log from unnoficial. But its ok. If i encounter lots of wild The music bugs and The game freeze.

Back