• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Ultimate Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
    • Seen today
    ^^^ thats good to hear. i was the same way when i got hg to. but now im so distracted with reading the pokemon manga. its way better than the pokemon shows i watched when i was younger.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Nikolai, this is a fantastic game. I have played it almost the whole day.

The Bulbasaur quest is an awesome game, but when you have to find him for the 4th time, its really easy to find him. You might want to fix that. It was near impossible to find him for the 2nd and 5th time, good work on that. Also is there a Squirtle quest in this beta?

I also love the dynamic levelling function, makes gym leaders MUCH harder. I still haven't defeated the training gym leader's Twinneedle abusing Beedrill. That's just his first pokemon.

But, there is a bug and two easily fixable tile errors. Here are the tile errors, I marked them for you:
    119xl4z.png
    scc6d5.png

I think the first one was already reported, but whatever. Both are in Pallet Town.

The bug: In the Sable City Pokemon Center/Training Gym, if you try to view the Town Map, a black screen appears and your game freezes. Maybe because its a training gym and town maps aren't normally there?

And hey, could I be a beta tester? I read on the first post that you need Beta Testers.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    @Fire Wolf

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I figured there should be some easy locations, as it would be frustrating to have them all hidden, and it would just become walk through all the hidden parts for ages.

No, there isn't a Squirtle quest yet. I'm thinking of putting that into Vermilion (a fitting choice if you ask me).

Yeah, good luck with the training gym ;) I wouldn't worry about finishing it though. It has already been tested extensively, and you're not actually meant to be able to beat it at that point in the game.

Yeah I'm aware of those tile errors and they have been fixed. The second was the same error as the first, but somewhere else.

The town map bug I'm also aware of, but don't know how to fix. It's because it's a new map, and I'm not sure how to add it to the world map yet.

Yes you can be a beta tester. Until I'm done playing Heart Gold though I won't be doing much work if any on this. (It's been useful for ideas so far).

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Thanks for accepting me as a beta tester :)

I finally defeated the training gym, he's pretty difficult but I evolved my Charmander and Charmeleon took care of the lv. 19 bugs.

I'll try to report more bugs/glitches ;)

Edit: I found 4 more glitches/grammar/tile errors.

2cf8pb9.png

This is in SS Anne. Doesn't matter much because SS Anne doesn't belong to this beta.

5d3tky.png

This is Vermillion City. You know what the tile error is, right? Again doesn't matter much since you can't go north of Vermillion and Vermillion doesn't have a part in this game.

Two grammar errors, both in Sable City Training Gym:

33dfbra.png

Needs a full stop in the end.

2v8scw6.png

"M" needs to be capitilized in "TM46"

Also, could you remove Dugtrio from Diglett Cave? I found one and with help from Charmeleon, it tore Zane apart. Dugtrio so early is overkill imo.

Last edited:

DragonOfDarkness

The Flurry of Dancing Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Uhm ok i went through the first training gym in sable, but what do I do after that? none of the real gym leaders are at their area, and most of the routes to get there are blocked off! what do I do!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

I do really need some team members though. Especially anyone who works with overworlds and music.

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    i noticed a bug that surprisingly no-one has found yet. Whenever u "talk" to the CUT tree(s), nothing happens and you cant move or even turn around.
    Plz, fix that. Also, this is one of the best hacks i've played. I hope you finish this and never give up!

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    im tryng to complete the bulbasuar quest, but i cant find the last location! HELP!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Yufang that's not really a bug, it's a missing script. All CUT trees have a person event ID. As they aren't supposed to be cut yet, they don't have scripts.

As for the last location in the Bulbusaur quest:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    I have no idea about music or anything with overworlds, but i could give ideas on the storyline/side quests/gyms/maps/anything else. PM me if you are interested.

mehappy

The Happiest Him
    Years
  • I've really never made or taken part in making a hack before so I can't really help with the technical part of things, but I'm glad to help in any way I can!

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    The story sound great but the maps are good but have many tile errors that defenetly need fixing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    For anyone wondering why progress hasn't been updated in a while: I've pretty much been humping Heart Gold since I got it. I may also continue work on this hack on Heart Gold instead of Fire Red, but that depends how much we can do with the DS games. There is hope as I've seen a hack which is a whole new story (albeit only about 10 minutes worth), but those tools are still in early betas, so we will see.

Also, does anyone want to be in the game as a trainer?

Leave the name you would like to have, along with trainer type and your Pokémon team.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    well, there isn't a map editor for the ds games yet, but i think just about everything else exists.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back