• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there any way to change natures or abilities in this game? Is there any way to get a Snivy with Contrary?

This is an amazing game so far. Thank you Skeli.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Loving the game! I was wondering if rowlet was available in this game, and if so where or win. He is one of my favorites and wanted to use him on my main team if possible.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can somebody help me? I'm stuck at "find Arthur's friend house and stop the shadows on route 9". Where do i find Arthurs friend house?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Hi I really need help. So I am at RT 9 with Jax and I clear off all the Shadow Grunts. But I could not find where their Admin Ivory is. They blocked off the gateway to RT 7 so I am lost. Ty

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • But the house its saying that come before 8 pm
    So when should I exactly go there
    ...Before 8 PM.

Thank you for the help! If it doesn't bother you, can I ask if the Banettite is available? If yes, where can I find it? And also, where can I find a Shiny Stone? Thanks in advance!
    Yes! You'll need to solve a puzzle later on. The FAQ has been updated with the general areas of certain stones.

Hey skeli can you tell how much is the difference between all difficulties especially default
    See FAQ.

Hey can anyone tell me if ability swapping (either via item or some helpful NPC) is implemented in this hack, and if so where?
    I'm trying to get a Simple Numel but 8 wild ones in a row were Oblivious and they're rare enough on the first route they are on... (and the documentation says they should have SImple ability too lol). So it'd be great if there is ability swapping.
    There is the Ability Capsule, but I don't believe one is obtainable before the post-game.

So basically, I've been able through the power of sheer stubbornness was able to get ALL THE WAY to and gotten 7th gym badges. Now I'm pretty much stuck again and rather not spend another 30 minutes looking. So there's the grunt you need to get past that paralyzes you once you get in his line of sight ( or speak to him yet I assume most would do the former ). So I ask what would you have to do to find something to blind him ( I haven't checked mission yet this the last time it was vague in my opinion ) ?
    Speak to people in the area. They give hints about what you're supposed to do.

I don't think the maze in the second gym was created taking into account the unresponsive controls of an emulator for android. I understand their patterns, but my character just doesn't move when he is supposed to. I think I will have to quit until I can access my pc again, in a month or so. It is a shame because the hack has been brilliant so far.
    On the contrary, most of my testers used phone emulators. The puzzle was actually adjusted because the controls weren't the same on a mobile device. But like someone else said, there are probably better emulators than the one you're using.

Hey Lord of Rings, so I Downloaded and played upto choosing my Starter in V 1.0.0 ! So, I selected the Default difficulty mode..... Will it become Difficult mode if I repatch the Pokemon Unbound Patched.gba ?? I dont wanna play on Difficult really, and also Can I actually start from my Savepoint in Shadows base after choosing my starter ?? I want to play on Casual, but I selected Default in V 1.0.0 !
    It will become Difficult, but you can change it in the Options Menu.

Hi Skeli, thanks for all your work. Please could you assist with a bug I'm having?

On route 2, when you battle the 2 girls (first double battle, I think) when a pokemon faints it is not being switched out so the battle cannot be completed. Any suggestions?
    Don't use the Eclipse emulator. Idk which iPhone emulator is better, just don't use that one.

Also can someone tell which gen learnset is used please
    Custom. See the FAQ.

Hey, I'm sorry for posting so frequently, but can someone please tell me where i can find a dewpider? I'm already two badges in and at Crater town atm. I'd really love to use one! Thank you in advance!
    Route 3.

@Skeli , I bow to the Lord of rings, and I have a small Question to ask, are the Difficulties just renamed, or the actual Level of Difficulty is changed ?? Also, pls atleast give a Hint when or where we can get Froakie ( Like between 5-6th Gyms or shortly after having access to megas etc.) Also, is the Costume box available in V 1.0.1 ??
    Froakie is late-game. Costume Box is not available yet.

I'm enjoying the game immensely, I am a little behind some people because of work etc but I play as often as I can.
    Take your time! There's no rush to complete it.

Can I ask for who can't find the 4th gym leader? Because they said its ended.
    Check your Mission Log or talk to NPCs.

I am currently stuck in Thunderclap mountain. Did I miss the Flash HM earlier. How do you get out?
    Use the Escape Rope. You don't need Flash to progress, it's strictly for side content.

Is there any way to change natures or abilities in this game? Is there any way to get a Snivy with Contrary?

This is an amazing game so far. Thank you Skeli.
    You can get items that give Hidden Abilities later on.

Loving the game! I was wondering if rowlet was available in this game, and if so where or win. He is one of my favorites and wanted to use him on my main team if possible.
    Late-game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Need help with last gym puzzle, the hints that the townspeople and gym trainers give not really ringing a bell... I've been stuck for over 40 minutes... :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Hello,

This hack is very very nice but i have 1 problem.
    I need the password for the vivill warehouse its too hard to find out the password.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2021
    How early can you find Jangmo o? Also, can you get thousand arrows on Zygarde dog? If so, how? Thanks. Also, I understand that we can't find all 100 cells, but are at least 50 available before the e4?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Would there happen to be a guide somewhere with gym rosters and such? Would be helpful for HC nuzlocke purposes :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Congratulations on completing Unbound, Skeli! Will definitely have a play through when I have the time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2021
    Where can i download custom tracks like the rival battle theme? That is literally extremely amazing and good soundtrack

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Hi,

i am very new to this and an excited to play Unbound.

I am a little unsure about the basics of how to even navigate this site and what to download to even play.

I have downloaded the links provided in this thread but they dont seem to work with VisualBoyAdvance Emulator. Ideally i would like to play this on my phone, on which i also have an emulator installed.

I am sure i have just missed something and would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Back