• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2021
    I'm having some trouble getting the full game to play. I can only get the Battle tower demo to play and the full game comes up as a patch. I'd love to play. I've been watching let's plays and you did an amazing job

Riddhwimaan Mukherjee

If I have a dream, I have to accomplish it. Never
    Years
  • Is there really no way to gain access to the Pokemon Stunky until late game if you don't have the right rng to get him as an egg early game? Cause I really want one but dont know where to look to access one. Is there any way to obtain stunky other than the egg in Bellin town? Please help!
    Why do you need any other one , its the same Stunky however.

Years
    • she/they
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Really enjoying the hack so far, just wanted to pop in to report a bug!

Currently in Antisis City, just completed the socks mission and was heading back through a pipe when I realised I could just shortcut back with an escape rope. I did, just to find my sprite is now permanently stuck in the crawling sprite animations. Returning to the pipe instead replaces the spriteset with another character's one - spoilering in case
    Spoiler:
    - I restarted the game with no luck, since I saved after completing said mission. Doesn't seem to be game-breaking/affecting anything else, just kinda annoying unfortunately.

Edit: repeating the glitch cycles the sprites forward so it keeps changing - I became a submarine at some point. Game seems like it can hard-crash frequently with incorrect sprites (I'm playing through VC injection on 3DS). I'm not a programmer or anything but I imagine it's something along the lines of the spritesheet not being reset to default if you escape rope out of the tunnel?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2023
    Why do you need any other one , its the same Stunky however.

I didn't get a Stunky from the guy unfortunately. I wasn't lucky with the rng and got a Glameow from him. You either get a Glameow, Stunky, or a Skorupi based on your rng. I just didn't get lucky and was wondering why the only other way to obtain Stunky is late game, hence why I said that earlier. It really sucks :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    I want to battle the creator of the game and the other guys inside the house at Dahara city but they act like we already battled and they say comeback tommorow but i havent even battle with them.Does anyone know what to do to battle them? I have won the league...
    And after saving mother from the tuins of void is there anything else to do postgame (that includes battles).

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I think that gym 2's forced stealth section is badly designed. It's hard to make practically pixel perfect inputs to get into the 1 tile crevices if you're using auto-run (and no, I don't think turning it off is going to be helpful). Why put stealth, BLIND STEALTH in a Pokemon game? This game looks promising, so maybe I'll use a walk-through-walls code, but I shouldn't have to use a code to get past an unfair and required part of the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2021
    Downloaded Unbound yesterday and was having a lot of fun with the game, then I got stuck.

Theres 2 trainers on route 5 that are protecting an item. I made it past without battling them, but when leaving they initiated a battle with me and now theyre blocking the exit. Ive tried a noclip cheat, Ive tried exiting and reentering, Ive tried completely closing and reopening my emulator but they wont move. Need help

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Any info on when next update is? Have very much enjoyed this and still am, keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2021
    im interested to know if the shiny odds have been changed at all -- i cant find any documentation on it regarding unbound itself, or with the CFRU. have the odds been changed from 1/8192 to anything higher? id love to play with a shiny team but, seeing as how im going over odds in all my hunts recently, id have no issue putting in the least amount of time possible to make that goal a reality ^-^

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    Having a bit of trouble with the Treasure Hunter mission, does anyone know where item #2 is? I have found the other 10 items but keep missing this last one. Thanks for the help!

Years
  • The shiny rate have been changed ? Because, I catch a shiny zubat in the first cave of the game. Now it is a beautiful crobat at level 70 and I love him.

Years
  • I think that gym 2's forced stealth section is badly designed. It's hard to make practically pixel perfect inputs to get into the 1 tile crevices if you're using auto-run (and no, I don't think turning it off is going to be helpful). Why put stealth, BLIND STEALTH in a Pokemon game? This game looks promising, so maybe I'll use a walk-through-walls code, but I shouldn't have to use a code to get past an unfair and required part of the game.

it's honestly not that hard especially if you use save states like i did. annoying sure, but an alright challenge.

it's also preparing you for a much more difficult puzzle with similar mechanics in the later stages.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Oh, then I guess I'm not finishing this then. Any game that makes you savestate scum is a hard pass in my book. Guess I'll watch a Let's Play. Thanks for the heads up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]
    Hello everyone, could anyone tell me what the blocked caves of kbt expressway are for?

Back