• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi, in the Mission The Rogue Electrivire, how do you get through the house in seaport city to chase after the scientist?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Hello!

I'd like to play Pokémon Unbound hardcore mode but with removing the 510 EV cap. I know how to do it on regular Fire Red but it doesn't work on Unboud. Any clue for Unbound or CFRU?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: And is there a way to teach egg moves and change abilities and natures or you have to breed new mons?

I don't think there's a way of doing so in unbound, so enjoy the game with the normal EVs

As for the egg moves and everything else, most of those are postgame.

There are several difficulty modes for the game, good luck with your choice.

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hi, after the Alolan Ninetales and Crabominable Mission, I beat the whole game and noticed the sleeping Crabominable was still in the forest.

Crabominable or Crabminble will wake every Thursday I think...so people can catch it...it's same like rufflet and vullaby in great desert...a pkmn that can only be encountered in specific day

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2022
    found this on the #faq on the discord:

I swear... the AI is reading my inputs when I switch.
    You're probably fighting a "boss" battle on Expert or Insane and triggered the "anti-abuse" coded in, meaning one of the following happened:
    • You switched on the first turn of battle to take advantage of knowing the AI's lead, but the AI took advantage of you instead.
    • You tried double switching to mess with the AI, so the AI was allowed to read your double-switch.
    • You've switched multiple times in the battle to mess with the AI, so it got fed up.

If none of the above apply, or you're playing on Vanilla or Difficult, then you just got unlucky. Often times when the AI has multiple moves that'll KO you, it'll pick one at random. Keep that in mind when switching out a mon with low HP.

The simple solution to avoid one of the first three problems is to just play fair. Treat the AI like a real person and not like a computer with flaws :smile:

Note: To clarify, in general you can switch out against the AI to take a hit you predict is coming. Switching out is not discouraged. If you avoid doing it in a cheesy way (like listed above), you probably won't even notice an issue.

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
  • Hello! Im super stoked to try out this rom hack, but it's not something I've ever done before. Ive taken a couple of coding courses so I'm not a massive scrub, but I'm unsure what to do about this error I'm getting when trying to run the make.py:

>python scripts/make.py
    File "scripts/make.py", line 25
    def MakeOffset0x100Aligned(offset: int) -> int:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Any help would be great! I've got Python 3.7 (also tried it with 3.9)
    I also already adjusted my OFFSET_TO_PUT to 0x1000000 (not totally sure if thats 'the right' value to put there, saw it somewhere else in this thread)

Hello! I have this issue too when trying to build complete Fire Red upgrade. What's the problem? Thanks!

Years
  • I started playing the HACK today (on an Everdrive GBA x5 mini) and Im at...I think the third Gym (I last saved just outside that Gym which has a guy saying it is the only one in the region with its own unique exterior or something like that) and Im absolutely amazed at this ROM Hack, both at how polished it seems to be, and also all the features, the music, the QoL improvements, or just the small things like not having to actually teach HM's to the Pokémon to use it, or being able to quickly check the stats of a move from the Fight menu by just pressing [L], the save prompts before major things happening...I could go on forever...If I had to describe myself right now only using a character in any Pokémon game to do it, it would definitely be one of the "Technology is incredible!" guys! XD

The only bad thing so far is nothing with the game itself, but the fact that this is even possible, and despite things like the extended size of the ROM (I dont know what the max size was/is for official ones), the fact that theres probably a tool or two available nowadays that maybe even Game Freak didnt have when making the official games etc etc, but it makes me kind of sad in a way, because it makes me feel like it wasnt just rather lately that Pokemon games became example after example of missed opportunities and/or laziness, it makes me wonder what they couldve really done if making the best game ever was the priority for games likes R/S/E and such....they are supposed to be the 'professionals' after all...or maybe they couldnt have, maybe you guys are just THAT good!

I mean...wow. <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi, I was in the Great Desert, caught Pheromosa, and The ring disappeard. Then after a number of days, that ring was back, then i rebattled pheromosa. Is pokemon suppose to respawn ? or is it just me

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    found this on the #faq on the discord:

I swear... the AI is reading my inputs when I switch.
    You're probably fighting a "boss" battle on Expert or Insane and triggered the "anti-abuse" coded in, meaning one of the following happened:
    • You switched on the first turn of battle to take advantage of knowing the AI's lead, but the AI took advantage of you instead.
    • You tried double switching to mess with the AI, so the AI was allowed to read your double-switch.
    • You've switched multiple times in the battle to mess with the AI, so it got fed up.

If none of the above apply, or you're playing on Vanilla or Difficult, then you just got unlucky. Often times when the AI has multiple moves that'll KO you, it'll pick one at random. Keep that in mind when switching out a mon with low HP.

The simple solution to avoid one of the first three problems is to just play fair. Treat the AI like a real person and not like a computer with flaws :smile:

Note: To clarify, in general you can switch out against the AI to take a hit you predict is coming. Switching out is not discouraged. If you avoid doing it in a cheesy way (like listed above), you probably won't even notice an issue.

Thanks for finding this.

Not sure if Skeli checks these forums or not, but the first bullet makes very little sense as far as trying to get an unfair advantage over the AI. I fully agree with bullet 2 and 3 to prevent the player from doing some cheesy PP stall strategy or pivoting knowing the AI will always choose a super effective move, but switching on the first turn can be totally legitimate and should not allow the AI to read your move. It is extremely common in competitive battles between two humans for one player to switch on the first turn if they don't like the matchup, and I don't see why in-game should be any different.

The logic doesn't even really make sense, to be honest. If you know the AI lead, wouldn't you lead with something that has a favorable matchup and would force them to switch? The only exception to that I can think of is if you know the lead has a choice item and is going to get locked or maybe very niche situations like if you are trying to bait a grass move and switch into something with sap sipper.

I wonder if these are the only scenarios as well. The AI was perfectly predicting me even when I didn't switch on the first turn. I found this out in the Route 9 tag team double battle (after wiping many times) when I finally trained a Houndoom to specifically be able to outspeed and OHKO the lead Meowstic so as to prevent psychic terrain from going up. If I clicked on an attack, the Incineroar would always Fake Out Houndoom (which makes sense) but if I clicked Protect, it would Fake Out Jax's slot. I tried this over and over after still losing this battle many times and eventually testing it with save states, and the Incineroar would make the correct prediction every single time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Having spoken to Skeli about this, I can answer some of your questions.

It is extremely common in competitive battles between two humans for one player to switch on the first turn if they don't like the matchup, and I don't see why in-game should be any different.
    In a real battle your opponent also sees your entire team at once and chooses the best lead (so you don't know 100% of the time what they'll lead with). You could argue that in that case the AI should be choosing a random lead to balance this out instead, but what's stopping you from then resetting the game until you get a lead you like? I know it works differently in the Battle Frontier where you can switch on the first turn against the AI consequence free because you don't have the advantage of not knowing what they'll lead with.

I know pivoting with a move like U-Turn on the first turn is an exception to the rule, actually.

If you know the AI lead, wouldn't you lead with something that has a favorable matchup and would force them to switch?
    I think that's what you're intended to do. But by switching yourself, you're not actually predicting anymore and just crossing the line into abuse territory.

If I clicked on an attack, the Incineroar would always Fake Out Houndoom (which makes sense) but if I clicked Protect, it would Fake Out Jax's slot.
    I'm pretty sure this is another one of those first turn "anti-abuse" things. If you protect on the first turn to avoid a Fake Out that you know is coming because you probably saw it before, the AI will just target the other slot.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Having spoken to Skeli about this, I can answer some of your questions.

I'm pretty sure this is another one of those first turn "anti-abuse" things. If you protect on the first turn to avoid a Fake Out that you know is coming because you probably saw it before, the AI will just target the other slot.

Fair enough, thank you for the explanation.

The only thing I'd argue with is that clicking Protect on the first turn should never allow the AI to see your move.

I understand there's - maybe- some very limited scenarios where protecting on the first turn can be used to cheese the AI in double battles, but there are so many legitimate reasons for it (scouting movesets, activating flame orb, etc) that it should always be allowed without penalty .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2021
    I have a question about swarm and raids, if i change the date of my game, would that damage this function or not ?

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I have a question about swarm and raids, if i change the date of my game, would that damage this function or not ?

Yes it seems...u even may find a change to not be able to do some event that depends on time

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    GG bois

Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

I think it should be doable with silvally on lower difficulties but i didnt test it. Well, now i just need my frontier card to be completed and i think im done.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • I cant imagine how much time and effort you guys spent on making this awesome hack. One of the hacks ive played for about 200+ hours already and im still enjoying. Thank you Skeli and your homies for making a masterpiece! Hoping that you make another project after Unbound. Like a sequel or something or if not, well, good luck in life!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I found a bug. I used 'Sketch' with my Smeargle to learn 'Lock-On', but when I use it in battle, it uses two PP instead of one. Need a fix for this ASAP please.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    How to Meloetta and Keldeo Change Form? Also, how do you get Dragon Ascent to Mega Evolve Rayquaza? Thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I found a bug. I used 'Sketch' with my Smeargle to learn 'Lock-On', but when I use it in battle, it uses two PP instead of one. Need a fix for this ASAP please.

If your opponent's pokemon's ability is pressure, its supposed to happen

Back