• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    So I'm stuck at the Fallshore gym. I hate inverse battles now. Any Pokémon I can catch that learns a lot of ghost type moves that isn't a ghost type? I keep getting my butt handed to me on a silver platter

I absolutely hated this gym. I had to toxic stall and u-turn constantly to win.

Does anyone know if Skeli is still active in the community? I'd really love to know how to modify shiny rates still.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Does anyone know if Skeli is still active in the community? I'd really love to know how to modify shiny rates still.

I think they're more active on their Discord server, however modification and "cheating" seems to not fare that well there.

Although I don't know a direct way to mod it, if you use an emulator that is capable of manipulating hex addresses (like RetroArch) you could search for the PokéNav(?) battle chain value and set it to 50 or 100 (max). At these values the odds of encountering wild shinies are increased.
    I tested it myself a while back and quickly found a shiny Riolu, another time it took quite a while.
    While I don't know the increased chance, it still seemed relatively low.

(In case of RetroArch cheats menu: Either search for value 0, chain the encounter level to 1 and search for value equal to 1 again. Repeat with 2 etc. if still more than one result.
    Or keep chaining and search value equal to before +1 after each battle.

If you found the address, create a Set to Value 50/100 cheat.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I think they're more active on their Discord server, however modification and "cheating" seems to not fare that well there.

Although I don't know a direct way to mod it, if you use an emulator that is capable of manipulating hex addresses (like RetroArch) you could search for the PokéNav(?) battle chain value and set it to 50 or 100 (max). At these values the odds of encountering wild shinies are increased.
    I tested it myself a while back and quickly found a shiny Riolu, another time it took quite a while.
    While I don't know the increased chance, it still seemed relatively low.

(In case of RetroArch cheats menu: Either search for value 0, chain the encounter level to 1 and search for value equal to 1 again. Repeat with 2 etc. if still more than one result.
    Or keep chaining and search value equal to before +1 after each battle.

If you found the address, create a Set to Value 50/100 cheat.)

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't thought of something like that and makes perfect sense.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    Hello skeli I completed the whole game ,including the dex, a week back and got gold symbols from all frontier brains(except battle sands)!The game is fun and is actually the first game I ever compleyed the dex in.I have a few problems and bugs to report though

1)Walk on water-so I was in crystal peak surfing in Crystal Peak 1F in the surfing tiles unlocked in the post game with my volcarona poisoned.The game says the mon healed the poison off while i was surfing,and that lead to me walking on water.I couldn't access the land anymore, i couldn't interact with water tiles and surf anymore, so i could have been soft locked.Thankfully my mons knew dig.

2)There is a tree on route 4 that dissapears under grass and players feet if the player is behind it.its the one thats near to the cinder volcano and water

3)The wild pokemon levels are extremely low-I was doing a nuzlocke on difficult mode and since trainers are scaled,I was getting a lot of exp.But the wild mons were at really low level making it a huge grind when i wanted a new team member.Also, there should be more lucky eggs available to you in the main game.

4)There is not much in the post game-besides the battle frontier, crystal peak, there is only missions and legendary catching.If someone doesn't want to do the latter two there will be not much for them

5)Making snorlax and pokemon in the redwood forest post game is not a good decision in my opinion-in fact i think the redwood forest as a whole is not needed.If you really want to make the unreleased town post game, put a dive tile at the end of redwood forest,since dive isn't available until post game.

Also, is the name of the unreleased town po town?while browsing through the soundtracks available in the options menu, i came across "bonus:po town" in overworld theme.

Over all , it is one of the best games ever created.Excellent work skeli and the rest of the pokemon unbound team!It is my favourite rom hack with a tie with radical red.I hope you look over the points written here and try to rectify them.(also the battle frontier kicked my butt many times.Congrats on the excellent AI you created!

sabitafukku

Glaceon lover
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    What percentage you feel close to completing the next update? I'm really enjoying the time and the game you created. This is the Only one of the few I have engrossed into completely the last few days. It's the best one!👍

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Also the dynamax toxepex with recover is actually ridiculous

Any Dynamax Pokémon with means of health regen is a major pain. I think those I just reset until it didn't have such a move. (Because it basically regains all the barriers as well)

Btw, a little cheesy strat for dealing with Dynamax is using Curse (Ghost). It applies just fine, chips away a good amount of HP and even ignores the barrier. It even stays when the Pokémon cures stat changes by its aura.
    If any Pokémon has its desperation barrier up, you can leave it at one hit, wait for Curse to damage it below the next barrier threshold, then hit it again, skipping one barrier.
    Sometimes the post-barrier damage even goes below the next threshold and skips two barriers at once.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • From official Discord:
    Been a while since the last update, eh? I'm hoping to start sharing things I've been working on these past few months more frequently. So, here are two things! The first is an update to make a certain story fight more challenging in a unique way (SPOILER), and the second showcases some animations I updated!
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    From official Discord:
    Been a while since the last update, eh? I'm hoping to start sharing things I've been working on these past few months more frequently. So, here are two things! The first is an update to make a certain story fight more challenging in a unique way (SPOILER), and the second showcases some animations I updated!
    Spoiler:

Ah, i saw those screens, really cool!
    Since there are great anims, do you could ask Skeli if he can write some custom attack anim tutorial? For some reason i cant send messages on his discord.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    new to this whole forum business... I've been playing this game for a week now, I have my playthrough on youtube @TeeOneZee.

Thanks for creating the rom hack, you are cool.
    I wanted to note that I'm a fashionista and that "the costume box not being accessible yet" kinda bugs me.

There's also a typo with Vice Grip, you spelt it as Vise Grip.

Karthick__

Pokemon Fan Game Developer
    Years
  • hi guys i have a small doubt about the game first see my screen shots:

Screen Shots:

I completed upto 5 gyms and i have safty gogles but this guy won't allow me to desert..?, is there any other thing i have to do or any event i missed ?, please tell me guys and i'm using latest version

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Skeli posted another update, this time on Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/PokemonROMhacks/comments/qm0dt7/presenting_cloud_burst/

Back