• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokémon United [M][OOC]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

yts7oTi.png

"At day, another assuming Pokemon Trainer under the alias "Houstin Garland". But at night, I don my cape and become... the Evening Wanderer! Sworn protector of all civilians I doth cross paths with!

...and I suppose Hou is another nickname of mine."

Appearance: Typical height of 5 ft, 7 in ; decently athletic ; shortcut hazel hair ; dark brown eyes ; light complexion ; oblong head shape ; light freckling on the middle of his back, around the shoulders ; unusual rounded scar on the bottom right of his jaw, underneath his ear ; prefers uncomplicated, casual wear, including T-shirts and knee-length shorts ; pulls a eye-covering mask and slick black cape over his typical outfit during the nighttime.

Personality: From his tutoring and generous disposition, one could assume young Houstin is naturally a selfless and caring individual. He does repeatedly offer his assistance to anyone in need, no matter if it is unwanted. Not to mention courageous, ready to face danger if he finds it necessary. But anyone can seem "heroic" based on their actions. Houstin has good advice, good morality (or does he?) and overall comes across as respectable, until you find he's turned around and shared with anyone who'll listen to the good deeds he's accomplished. Or he'll show up at your doorstep the following day, expecting food or temporary shelter in return for his help. Never ever does Houstin perform these heroic deeds for the sake of others. He's too brash, too egotistical for that. Egotistical in that he does good things to boost his own ego, further his reputation and experience being a superhero. If Houstin didn't get a kick out of playing the cape-wearing vigilante that strikes fear in the heart of all villains, he wouldn't have saved that kid from a hungry Golbat or rescued the Glameow stuck in a tree.

Usually most superheroes conceal their identities, for privacy reasons. Unfortunately for Houstin, he's too loudmouthed and flamboyant for that. Wherever he goes, he's sure to draw attention or cause a scene, usually with ostentatious or ritzy mannerisms. For Houstin loves your attention and wants to absorb as much as possible throughout his journey. You can't forget a potential savior, after all. Besides that, Houstin is a horrendous liar who's flashy, boastful nature makes keeping secrets and sneaking about impossible. Still, he's very prying and invading of other's personal business and space. The only reason he dons the mask and cape is for the typical hero aesthetic, popularized by the cartoon characters he idolized as a kid. The differences still remain between him and the ones on the screen: they cared about the citizens they saved while Houstin couldn't care less. While giving assistance or sharing information, he may take a condescending tone or ignore the feelings and social signs given to him throughout. How victims feel is of no concern to the Evening Wanderer as he swoops through the night, searching for ways to convince himself that he isn't a waste of space.

History:
    Hearthome City; respected across the globe and birthplace of some of Sinnoh's greatest artists and thinkers. The Garland lineage was one of artistry and creativity. Amanda and Raymond were esteemed Coordinators with gratifying wealth and even more talent. Unova-born, their Musical-inspired routines blew the masses away. With their newly-discovered foreign Pokemon, they seemed capable of everything, but Mesprit-be-damned if they could raise a child.

Houstin Garland was born some time during the winter. Perhaps during vacation, on the outskirts of Hearthome? He's unsure. The first few years of his life were and still are dead to him. His parents entertained him for a year or so, gave him a cute pet name ("Hou") and taught him some fundamentals. But then, they just go... bored. The responsibility of caring for a little boy was heavy. Houstin weighed them down like shackles, locking them in their prim little apartment instead of working and caring for the prized Pokemon. They lost a contest because of him, not having enough time to train. Amanda couldn't even go, she had to feed and wash and bathe him! It was excruciating. When he was three, they paid for a constant nanny and they themselves left for hours at a time. It was only them and the Contest Hall then, the perfect match. And the more they left without seemingly much issue, the more convinced they were this lifestyle would be best. The nanny raised their child while they did what they loved.

Unbeknownst to them, the nanny was not hired to be a parent substitute. She was a soft-spoken type who did the necessities before residing to and by herself on the couch. That meant Houstin was alone without parents, just a nearly silent caretaker, for seven to eight hours a day. This continued for precisely seven years. Houstin had to find ways of entertainment while the Garlands worked and trained and the best anti-mundane solution was watching television. The colors were so bright and flashy, the shows all so different from one another. There was some Watchy Watchog, a program dedicated to Training, some soap opera with big words he didn't understand... But then Houstin found Channel 39. The cartoon channel. He was hooked. The other goofy, Rattata-and-Purugly programs were entertaining enough but what Houstin really enjoyed were the superhero shows. From the Elite Assemble television adaptation to the dark heroics of Crobatman, Houstin was hooked. Throughout his early childhood, he watched avidly, begging for comic books and all superhero merchandise which his parents, when they did return, happily obliged to buy. Anything to keep his entertained and out of their hair, anyway.

Houstin was certainly entertained for a long while. However, we was still neglected under the not-so-watchful eye of a lackluster guardian. Time and time again, his parents would return to broken objects and a trashed apartment at one point which Houstin denied being involved in. They fired the nanny once, hiring another who was more or less the same. Thus, conditions hardly changed. Each time, Houstin was punished with yet more isolation, this time in his room. The Garlands' attentiveness over their child was reduced to nothing. They had become to used to practically ignoring him, they commonly forgot they had a child at all. Sometimes they skipped work at the Contest Hall, choosing to see a live concert or eat a restaurant instead, leaving Houstin at home with his superhero shows and comic books. With no parent figures to idolize or look up to, only fictional characters to admire, to learn from, to be inspired by. And angrier he grew at his genetic guardians who never came home to him, that always seem to ignore him, a blemish on their way of life that they waited patiently to fade away. And thus, he decided to run away.

Night had fallen over Hearthome with only the occasional streetlamp to brighten the way. Eight o' clock, autumn. Houstin snuck out of his apartment while his parents collapsed in their bedroom, not even bothering to tuck him in or say goodnight. He'd emptied the entire fridge basically into a book bag, that and his expansive comic book collection. He'd read all of them, even the graphic ones with blood in them, but it wouldn't feel the same without his idols alongside him. With all of that and a few dollars stolen from his mother's purse, he slipped off into the night, flashlight in hand and freedom on his mind. Houstin managed to reach the edge of town, creeping down the bridges of the western route and lying about his age, saying he was twelve instead of the actual age (nine) to get past the hikers there. Mt. Coronet proved a challenge as Pokemon crept in every corner. It was terrifying in there, dark and damp with the occasional sound of a stray Zubat or Meditite lurking about in the blackness. Yet, Houstin pressed on despite his fear, to escape his neglectful parents... though inwardly, he wished they'd search for him once they realized he was away.

By daybreak, Houstin had reached the entrance to Cycling Road. He'd thrown off a swarm of Zubats with some of the food he carried and narrowly avoided a Ranger, sent to search for him by some tattling mountain men. But, finally, he was alone underneath the slick, man-made biking paths. The mountain road underneath was very scenic, better than anything Houstin had seen up in his apartment room. Despite the treacherousness of it all, running away had been enjoyable with great payoff. One day, he wished to wander the world like this with little worry. But perhaps he needed a Pokemon first... Just as the thought surfaced, he came eye-to-eye with an aggressive little devil. A Gligar emerged from the grass, refusing to move from its perch and glaring up at the young boy. Houstin was unsure on what to do. His education on Pokemon was minimal. Should he let the creature scent him? Offer him a peace offering? It seemed tough, hard pink exoskeleton dented with battle scars and, unknown to poor Houstin, very territorial. He made the wrong decision, reaching out his hand to get the Gligar "scent" and gain some trust The Gligar was not willing to trust, not at all. It leapt at Houstin, jaws extended, and fastened its sharp teeth into his head. While Houstin screamed in agony, its stinger lashed out, pierced his shirt and attempted to inject venom. Fortunately, it didn't get that far, as the Ranger heard the screams and was able to knock the Gligar into unconsciousness with his Floatzel. With help from the hikers, Houstin was rushed to the Hearthome emergency room where he was checked for any severe injuries. Other than a deep cut underneath his ear where the Gligar's canine tore a hole in his skin, he was fine and everyone could rest relieved. Even the Garlands who did realize their son had disappeared and crouched by his hospital bed. It was an awkward reunion with their son they hardly interacted with, but it was reunion all the same. Houstin considered the adventure a success... though the puncture wound would definitely scarred.

At ten years old, a few months after the escapade, Houstin was of legal age to attend Trainer's School. Most children in Sinnoh went to public school until aged sixteen to learn the necessaries. Trainer's School was parallel to private school, in that it was expensive, required uniforms and taught more than just English, Math, etc. After graduating, children were guaranteed a Trainer's License. Obviously, Houstin was shipped off immediately. It at least gave him things to do while the parents enjoyed themselves, and people to interact with. Houstin was at first avoided for his clingy, invading personality but, one faithful day, he did something that earned respect. Attention too. He stood up for a transfer student which earned him gratitude and, eventually, a reputation. Houstin was a "defender" of sorts. He taught the younger students the basics of Pokemon Training and helped everyone, from the smallest notion to the biggest task. His prestige swelled all throughout his schooling. He was respected for his generosity and even for his lineage, though Houstin rarely interacted with his parents as time went on. Eventually, he graduated and was even awarded with a Pokemon egg from a peer to start him off. But, now that Houstin was free to live as he wanted, he decided he wanted a... different starter.

Technically, Maribelle was his very first Pokemon, but Houstin believes Razor is, as he's the most significant to him. Once a licensed Trainer, Houstin returned to the road underneath Cycling Road once more. His motivation was unreasonable to most. Why return to the place where he was ambushed as a kid? Specifically, for the same species of Pokemon that originally bit him? Well, the superhero-loving Houstin was convinced that incident was a "sign" of sorts. He was "destined", in a way, to capture a Gligar, and that was what he did. Razor became Houstin's main batter, evolving immediately during one of his nightly travels. Their lifestyle was set: during the day, Houstin was establish a temporary staying place, at a person's home or a hotel. At night, they'd travel in typical hero garb, perform deeds (Rangers were hired for) to help the people. It's an interesting and inconsistent form of living, but it works for Houstin, a literal hero, but perhaps not an inward one.

(I apologize for this.)

Pokemon:

472.gif
    Razor the (M) Gliscor: An arrogant brute of a 'mon who enjoys every bit of pain he inflicts. Intelligent too, and much stealthier than his attention-attracting. At times, their personalities clash, though both are equally brash. Razor, however, is a very solitary Pokemon who doesn't dwell and certainly doesn't care for any extended companionship. He does what he has to for Houstin and moves on.

Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Level: 15
    Move Set: Fire Fang, Poison Jab, Knock Off, Quick Attack, Thunder Fang, X-Scissor [TM]

440.gif
    Maribelle the (F) Happiny: Hatched from Houstin's egg a few years back, her goal is serve her Trainer, no matter how hard it gets. Naturally selfless, she'll go to very passive lengths to help. Houstin may push her to lengths she, as a baby Pokemon, have trouble performing, but she tries her best anyways. She has a child-like view of the world and is overwhelmed by most. Overly gullible too, and relies heavily on Houstin as her "mother". Maribelle wishes he would pay more attention to her instead of Razor, the superior battler that terrifies her, and might pull off suspicious stunts in order to gain affection herself.

Ability: Friend Guard
    Level: 10
    Move Set: Heal Bell, Protect, Copycat, Charm, Thunder Wave, Substitute

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • @aperrentis Sorry to see you go. Hope to see you again.

@Disclosed We got an Usopp xD accepted!

I'll make a post tomorrow initiating the timeskip. Hopefully that'll get everyone posting again.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • @aperrentis Sorry to see you go. Hope to see you again.

Disclosed We got an Usopp xD accepted!

I'll make a post tomorrow initiating the timeskip. Hopefully that'll get everyone posting again.

Good; I hope more people post IC as well, so this Roleplay can become more active. The tournament's definitely going to be fun. :P

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • @drunk ¬_¬ You are reserved. If you want to join the tournament, you'll have to send in your SU as soon as possible.

Timeskip initiated! xD Everyone get posting! You can meet up with each other if you want.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Here's my SU, am I on time for the tournament?

EDIT: I changed my mind and wrote up a different SU, let me know if you like it, it was a bit rushed to be honest.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • @drunk ¬_¬ SU is accepted. If you want to join, your character will have to head to the waiting room (just assume you registered beforehand).

I'll have a post to get my character joining in soon. EVERYONE GET POSTING BEFORE I OUTLINE WHO YOU'RE GOING UP AGAINST! xD

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • Posted, short and sweet. I didn't want to have to go through a whole intro odyssey just yet, I hope that what I wrote suffices for the time being.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Er, sorry Village but I really don't want to do any interaction between Houstin and your character right before the tournament. I never quite specified his location by the end of my first post anyway. I'll just disregard the thing about "bumping into him" as I'd rather wait until the event begins.

And I hate to be that person but Houstin isn't wearing a cape. I know, the sprite depicts it as such, but that's the "Night Wanderer" gear. I didn't really want to edit two sprites, especially since I'm an amateur. Houstin's wearing typical shorts-and-T-shirt get-up.

Years
  • Name: Nicolas Beauchene

Nickname: Nico

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality: Nico is a complex, deep person. He possesses a wisdom not common to many his age. Some people find it endearing. Others think it's off-putting. Whatever the case, Nico pays no mind. He is used to being the odd one out. He is driven by the ideas of growth and learning. Any opportunity that has the potential to teach him something new, he takes. Due to his introspective nature, there's a lot of processing and reflection happening internally. This leads to him being decisive, energetic and single-minded when speaking, because he has already processed what needs to be done into a clear vision. This way of thinking allows him to understand complex processes and systems, which he typically applies to people and Pokemon to help them reach goals and do better.

Nico is gentle and prefers to avoid attention for the most part. However, he works tirelessly to maintain harmony and make others comfortable. He may appear quiet at times, but he isn't a pushover, as he will defend himself when he feels that what he believes is threatened. Nico is passionate and devoted to his values that have been developed over time. When this spark is ignited, his fervor radiates from him. He is incredibly independent, in thought and spirit, and will voice his opinions with passionately when necessary. This causes him to display stubborn, assertive behavior.

Nico is instinctive and follows his gut when it come to people. He's not easily led, nor easily fooled. This causes him to be selective about his friends. He views friendship as a bond not to be treated trivially. He builds trust with others slowly and will not readily reveal his emotions to just anyone. He avoids small talk and prefers talking about important topics, but he is polite if others engage him.

Nico is earnest and responsible. He often views himself as being on a mission and will take it seriously, causing other matters to take a backseat to his primary concerns. He operates with integrity and respect. He expects others to do the same. He is caring and supportive, looking out for the welfare of others. He often has to remind himself to "lighten up", but when he is in his element, he truly comes alive. During his more jovial moments, a dry and playful sense of humor surfaces.

History: Nico is the son of a police officer and coordinator. They never complained, and they did what they could for their children. Nico was the second oldest of four children. A four were pairs of twins. They were set on having two children, but end up with four.

Nico was always an astute individual and just as passionate as he was intelligent. He often found himself standing up to bullies and befriend the outcast of the school, because he felt compassion for them. He enjoyed making others feel better and giving others hope. His kindness made him popular among the students, but he didn't care too much for this popularity.

When he and his brother both decided to get jobs to help his parents lessen the burden of having to support them all. Additionally, it allowed Nico to support his fashion hobby.

Nico spent most of his time studying, even if it wasn't for an assignment. He was very much interested in becoming a Pokemon and people. He was fascinated by the stories about the bonds developed between Pokemon and their trainers. This lead him to want to experience it first hand. At the age of seventeen he received his first Pokemon. It was an Absol that was abandoned at the Lumiose City Pokemon Center. It's trainer claimed that it only brought him bad luck, but it turned out that the trainer engaged in reckless behavior too often to have anything other than bad luck. Nico took the Absol into his care, and it has been his partner ever since.

Nico has varied interest ranging from battling to researching to contest, and other artistic hobbies. He something of a modern renaissance man. He plans on pursuing these fields and figure out what's best for him. He's not sure what he wants to be the goal. He's more interested in the journey.

Pokémon Team:

359.gif

-Absol
    Nickname: Albain
    Personality: Albain is cautious of most situations. He only begins to open up once he feels comfortable. He is intuitive and relies on his intuition to make decisions. He distances himself from others, but he cares deeply for his companions. Albain is typically calm and gentle, but he becomes furious when tampered with.
    Ability: Super Luck
    Level: 15
    Move Set: Pursuit, Zen Headbutt, Quick Attack, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

447.gif

-Riolu
    Nickname: Herluin
    Personality: Herluin always puts effort into anything he does, even if the outcome isn't what he intended. He is intensely loyal and even more prideful. He has high standards for himself and others. For the most part, he is free spirited and lively.
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Move Set: Shadow Claw, Quick Attack, Endure, Bullet Punch, Brick Break

280.gif

-Ralts
    Nickname: Céline
    Personality: Céline is conscientious and aware of most things despite primarily occupies her on world, operating on a plane outside of reality. Her whimsical and eccentric nature often confuses others. She picks up on other's emotions easily, but she doesn't always know how to handle them. She still tries.
    Ability: Trace
    Move Set: Double Team, Confusion, Disable, Shadow Ball, Teleport, Dazzling Gleam

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • Er, sorry Village but I really don't want to do any interaction between Houstin and your character right before the tournament. I never quite specified his location by the end of my first post anyway. I'll just disregard the thing about "bumping into him" as I'd rather wait until the event begins.

And I hate to be that person but Houstin isn't wearing a cape. I know, the sprite depicts it as such, but that's the "Night Wanderer" gear. I didn't really want to edit two sprites, especially since I'm an amateur. Houstin's wearing typical shorts-and-T-shirt get-up.

Oh, sorry about that. I'll edit my post now and take that part out of it in the IC.....

EDIT: Also, you might want to tell SD that. At the end of his post his character mentions it too..... XD....

Last edited:

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Yeah, I meant to address everyone in-general. But thank you, and hopefully we can get to the action soon!

Any details on how the tournament'll work? Some characters have more Pokemon than others. Would there be criteria to would balance things?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • @Cobalt XIV I need to get myself a Riolu! Accepted.

I'm aware of my mistake & will fix it after I post this. As for the rules, I will brief all of you in:

I will pair each of you with another RPer in the Tournament, & you two will make a joint-post of your battle. You'll be allowed to use 2 Pokemon in a Single Battle, substitution allowed, but even 1 Pokemon is knocked out, the match is over & the winner moves on. Hope that prepares you all. Now we just need everyone to post & get to the waiting room...

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • @Moonbacon Unfortunately, all spots have been taken & no new spot will open up for some time. Unless someone were to drop out.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • I was part of the Ransei rp that just bombed and was all excited to join this one after looking in the rp'ers wanted thread. Looks like I'm too late though :/ maybe next time My speed will be higher.

Back