• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Well I played the beta for a bit. You're scripting and mapping could use some work and you should think of more imaginative things for people to say too. The Pikachu cry is deafening and really long and since theres quite a lot of Pikachus around it gets really annoying. Also you shouldn't re-use the original gym leader scripts, make your own. The world design could be improved too, its much too linear. Oh and where are the running shoes? What I did like was the sprites and the Overworlds they look really good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Well as you might have Guesed i'm improving the whole beta 2 in mapping and scripting meaning I will release another version with beter stuff so beta 2.5.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I found a glitch thing...... After beating your rival or who ever that is befor you reach the first gym, once you go away and then come back he will be standing there and if you talk to him it will freeze. (now i have to start over again :/ )

XV8

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    My final question for now.

In this hack to catch the all pokemon ?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I gave it try, and the game was fine, not too amazing yet.

It has nice graphics, and decent mapping. But when it comes to events, story and dialogues through the game I should say it is still quite boring. Specially the part of the dialogues, I kept yawning at how uninteresting they were.

The whole deal about travelling to the past is still uncertain to me, while it is interesting to walk around the place, it's like in the story we are travelling by boat and then... poof, we are in the past, with a mix of past and present people's overworlds, which doesnt explain clearly what just happened. Of course, I hope some explanation comes in the next releases.

Well, that's it. Not bad, but there's still a lot to improve (specially, Pokemon cries, which almost kill me when I started hearing some of them... >.<)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Well yes the crys are a pest actulie they got destroyed when importing dp ones and i'm updating most of the scripts and mapping to make it beter the time travel part is celebi who transfers you while your on your way to salac.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    This looks awesome because my favourite pokemon is suicune. Few questions: Can you catch suicune in this hack? Can you catch Kanto pokemons in this? PS:When will the next Update come.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    This looks awesome because my favourite pokemon is suicune. Few questions: Can you catch suicune in this hack? Can you catch Kanto pokemons in this? PS:When will the next Update come.

yes you can catch kanto pokemon in it yes suicune wil get catchable and dunno

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    I gave it try, and the game was fine, not too amazing yet.

It has nice graphics, and decent mapping. But when it comes to events, story and dialogues through the game I should say it is still quite boring. Specially the part of the dialogues, I kept yawning at how uninteresting they were.

The whole deal about travelling to the past is still uncertain to me, while it is interesting to walk around the place, it's like in the story we are travelling by boat and then... poof, we are in the past, with a mix of past and present people's overworlds, which doesnt explain clearly what just happened. Of course, I hope some explanation comes in the next releases.

Well, that's it. Not bad, but there's still a lot to improve (specially, Pokemon cries, which almost kill me when I started hearing some of them... >.<)

Well,
    what about my spriting then? XD
    You critizied almost everything but it.

Hope everything keeps going this good
    Horus ;)

Keep up the good work!!

//44tim44

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
    Years
    I'm always intrigued by Sinnoh Pokémon in hacks. You replaced the "unknows"? But did you actually get the cries? If so, I may be impressed.
    Edit: Sorry, I didn't read the above posts.

Last edited:

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    Well i got the game to load up and now as soon as i step outside my mom's house at the beginning of the Game it Locks Up. Any help on how to fix this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Beta 2 has some glitchs such as, when my Starly evolved, the sprite was a Arbok. Another glitch when I fight Eusine I walked away and when I came back to the spot where he was, he was there when I talked to him it froze me but it ended. Btw, the sprites won't show.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    Raiph but thats a problem of your own since I don't know a solution because it works with others and not with you the bug of the harbor is gone and I thought it was fixed with starly but okay I will re-check.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    so am i supposed 2 do the old ''RE-download everything and see if that works?'' Thing? Becuz i have and oh well if i can't play this hack i can't support it so w/e.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    Horus, I'll do the thing u asked me when I'm back, My PC was reformatted earlier and I'm at my girlfriends.
    No worries I backed up your patch you sent.

The hack seems good, I may correct a few things for you. spelling etc.
    keep it up, looks like it has potential to be the best custom hack :P
    besides I'm a gym leader!! LEADER JAKE OWNS! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back