• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - Which Generation of games do YOU like the most?

Pokémon - Which Generation Games do YOU like the most?

• Colour Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Metal Generation

Votes: 57 51.4%
  • Advanced Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • New Generation

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Spin-off Generation

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draciana

Credit to ME for the avatar!
    Years

Colour Generation: Red, Blue, Yellow.

Metal Generation: Gold, Silver, Crystal.

Advanced Generation: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen.

New Generation: Pearl, Diamond, Platinum.

Spin-off Generation: Ranger, Snap, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, etc.

Reasons would be nice, share your opinion on this thread!

I have chosen Metal Generation, as the games, for me, bring back old memories of being a four-year-old, sitting up at night playing them under a super-bright desk lamp when you are meant to be asleep.

:)

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Ah... good old metal generation. The colour Gen might have introduced the games, but the next gen introduced so many things that we take for granted nowadays - the steel and dark types, breeding, genders, hold items, day and night, etc. These games had the most oppurtunities for explorations too, with hidden rewards like Tyrogue deep in Union Cave (I didn't even realise you could get Tyrouge until about the fifth time I played it, so yeah, it also has the best replay value). It let you get 16 badges! It sorted out the ridiculous strength of the Psychic type (but further weakened the Poison type. Doh).

It had its drawbacks - slight over-reliance on old pokemon with new ones being a bit too rare. There were a couple of lame new pokemon (Quilfish, Dunsparce) and some wierd new evos (Scizor sucks to the high heavens, IMO). Then there was the ridiculoudly under-levelled Kanto region, even the gym leaders. But overall, Generation II for the win!

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009

Advanced Generation: Ruby, Sapphire,
    I have chosed Metal Generation, as the games, for me, bring back old memories of being a four-year-old, sitting up at night playing them under a super-bright desk lamp when you are meant to be asleep.

:)

LOL, I remember that, Under the bed sheets

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    metal generation as u can tell by my user name that Pokemon Crystal is my fav game it also enables u to continue and do kanto

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I love fire red and leaf green because charizard is my favorite pokemon.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    Advanced or metal. Advanced because of actuall how it looks, running shoes, and all the other items and tm's but metal for nostalgia and just that its not too old but not too new. And i really like the starters and pokemon in the metal generation

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I voted color generation. Although I like them all. (other than DP and its still ok I guess)

I think they screwed things up with all these extra pointless pokemon. And I like to play with just the original 150, but at the same time, there are certain pokemon that I would miss from the newer ones. Quilava of course is a good example.

I also like the music of the original games muuuuch better, and the graphics don't bother me at all.

And on top of all that... Blue version was my very first game ever way back when.

hamermaner

Proud member of Team Mew
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    It kind of a tie between Advanced Generation and Metal Generation. I like the Metal Generation because it introduced so many things. I like the Advanced Generation because I loved the gameplay the graphics were a little better (I didn't care how the old graphics looked, but the new ones were still better) and I like the Team Magma and Team Aqua idea. Though I'm going to go with Advanced Generation because it was the first game I was actually able to play, so it became my favorite, lol.

g.narron

Banned
    Years

Advanced Generation: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen.

New Generation: Pearl, Diamond, Platinum.

Spin-off Generation: Ranger, Snap, Mystery Dungeon, Pinball, etc.

Reasons would be nice, share your opinion on this thread!

I have chosen Metal Generation, as the games, for me, bring back old memories of being a four-year-old, sitting up at night playing them under a super-bright desk lamp when you are meant to be asleep.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    I've gone for the colour generation... too many memories. Staying up well past bed time with it hidden under the covers, first time I beat the E4... good times :)

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I voted color generation. Although I like them all. (other than DP and its still ok I guess)

I think they screwed things up with all these extra pointless pokemon. And I like to play with just the original 150, but at the same time, there are certain pokemon that I would miss from the newer ones. Quilava of course is a good example.

I also like the music of the original games muuuuch better, and the graphics don't bother me at all.

And on top of all that... Blue version was my very first game ever way back when.

Spot on, good sir. I completely agree with the above post.

I also voted Colour generations. Was between them and the Metal gen games but Colours just about nick it because of the nostalgia I associate with them. The graphics also don't bother me.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    The Color Generation gets my vote. Why? Pokemon was so much simpler and fun. Along with that, there were plenty of glitches to keep you busy if you were brave enough to risk your save file, such as Missingno, 'M, and .4.

Back