• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - Which Generation of games do YOU like the most?

Pokémon - Which Generation Games do YOU like the most?

• Colour Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Metal Generation

Votes: 57 51.4%
  • Advanced Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • New Generation

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Spin-off Generation

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Metal generation is my favorite by far. It was the climax of the games, really between the first two generations they only made improvements, and Gold/Silver/Crystal were the perfect Pokemon games. I especially love Crystal because you finally get to choose to be a girl!

It's just a true shame they couldn't have built upon that with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, but instead they almost did a new start with them, which was really disappointing. I didn't like how they took out the time system, and there was no region to visit afterwards. Lame.

I like Diamond as well. It's so easy to get all of the Pokemon because now we have online, and that makes it more fun... but it still can't match up to the second generation.

Years
    LOVED the metal generation. I have very fond memories of my first times playing Pokemon with Yellow, but Silver was when I truly became a Pokemon fanatic and had SO much fun. I still love the games and have fun, but somehow they just don't have quite the same "feel" to them that Silver had to me.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I really liked the Advanced Generation, but I'm afraid my favourite is the Spin-off Generation. I love Pinball, Ranger and PMD, and would choose them over any of the main games if I had to.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Well metal generation would be! I started with them and the games is really fun and exciting...so Metal it is!

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
    Years
    The 4th Generation is my favourite, it was previously the Metal Generation...
    but I never really had a favourite pokemon until Lucario and Leafeon...
    so 4th Gen wins it for me!

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I enjoyed the first three generation games (have never played the others), but I voted for the Advance Generation just because I'm currently playing it and it has the Battle Frontier.

Sunyshore

=^-^=
    Years
    The first generation is funny and good with the nice sprites and glitches, but it has a couple of really bad things too: it is too short, you can't have a female character, and it doesn't have any useful things that I can't play without, like the mark that show's if you have captured the Pokémon or not. But I still love it.

Never played any of the metal games, so I can't form an opinion on them.

It's a pity that in R/S/E there's no day or night, the fishing system is horrible (it can take half a minute to catch a level 5 Magikarp), the rival never evolves his/her starter into its final form and the story is bad. By bad story I mean that (in Emerald) you meet Wallace first time right before the story ends (I got an image that he doesn't care about Hoenn that much at all), Team Magma wants to steal fuel from a space center, and Team Aqua tries to steal a Castform (why they need a Castform?) from a weather institute. When you plus it's lack of Kanto Pokémon, its points are barely above average.

My only spin-off games are PMD Red and Time, but they are good games. They get a big plus for having almost all the Pokémon in one game and having a good story and great music (I'm sick of the music and sounds they reuse over and over again in the main games). But despite both being great games with only a few minuses, in the end of the day it gets boring to travel in the dungeons. You choose a few jobs, clear a dungeon while doing the jobs, buy some items and sell useless stuff. Meh, being a trainer is more fun from my point of view.

So the answer of mine is the newest generation. It has a lot of Pokémon to collect and train, let alone that you can also get shinies a lot more easily thanks to the Pokéradar. And after getting shinies, you can trade them for rare Pokémon or battle with them by using Wi-Fi. The return of day and night and weekly/daily-events is a good thing too, because it makes the game more realistic. Even the story is nice (mostly because of Team Galactic, of course) and it isn't bad or too used (unless you have watched Digimon). Only the fact there's not a phone in the Pokétch (a phone watch = neat) is sad. I loved how unknown people suddenly called you when you were surfing in the sea or running around at the top of Mount Chimney. But every game has its own good sides along with bad sides.

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    I had to go for the Metal Generation, closely followed by the new one.

G/S/C introduced a lot, contains some of my favorite Pokémon and had a better story then the Color and Advanced one. Although, the story of the new one is even better.

The best thing to happen would be a remake of G/S/C, imagine Johto with a story, and map the size of DPPl :D

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    metal generation and the color generations (including the remakes of the color generation) are the best. i think after that they just screwed with the pokemon and storyline, and really havent liked ruby-platinum in any aspect. Metal generation needs a serious remake, just so that all of us that said metal generation can relive it in DPP graphics. Its storyline was long and gave plenty of time to do things with ur pokemon

Years
    I love the Advanced Generation, but I'm biased because that was where I started out. :P Still, I love the Pokemon and the gameplay in R/S.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    <3 Hoenn <3
    My favourite place :P
    Quote: "I came from the Kanto region. Hoenn is so beautiful with all the water" or something similar as someone in Lilycove said :)
    Now i'm playing Pearl, but i still miss Hoenn, even since i have PalParked my complete Hoenn Pokémon Collection :):):)

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    Metal Generation. It introduced my favorite Pokemon, and few of my favorite types. Plus so many other things, like going back to Kanto. I do love the New Generation too, there are so many things to do.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Johto (: Pure epic, and I love how you can do Johto and Kanto (defiantly needs a remake)

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    2nd Gen EMMM Totodile EMMM Sudowoodo
    3rd gen : Gardevoir and Absol - simply pure ownage pokemon!
    4th gen : roserade looks huge. awesome upgrade from roselia (that really sucked)
    1st gen : i only like nintales and aerodactyl from the first gen. all exept aero would be my platinum team..

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I've always loved Silver. Being the fact it was my first ever Pokemon game.

buddy1913

DA TORCHIC DUDE
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    i vote!

i vote for the spin off cos of Mystery Dungeon.

they are the only and i mean ONLY! games to have made me cry.
    trust me ive been in the same predicament as the partner. (DON'T ASK ME WHY OR I WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO THERAPY!)

Back