• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon XD2: Tempest of Darkness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Pokémon XD2: Tempest of Darkness!

.hack of.
    Because we aren't Game Freak

Fire Red
    (Coz' it's uhh... cool?)

.features.
    *Looks around* ahh... a hack!

Tiles from DP, Emerald and Fire Red!
    Music from XD: Gale of Darkness!
    Totally original Story!
    Classic GYM LEADERS randomised and revamped!
    SEVII Islands Stay!
    Compatability Guarenteed - no fakes; Dialga and Palkia cannot be caught, nor "trade hacked".
    (They will remain in their respective events! ;p)

.planned.
    Let's keep 'em here until the games are done!

DP Sprites
    "Pika!" Cry ;p

.story.
    A Pokémon Game... eh?
    You've just moved to CASTROé, at the time when GOLD has just left on his Journey across Johto! Your father is a POKéMON RESEARCHER, and moved to MAWSAN TOWN (A place where it rains 24x7, there's really such a placein India: Mawsangram ;p). You and the GYM LEADER's kid obtain your first POKéMON, and rush to the gym to find out that his father is busy.

You start your journey across underwater caves, stublimg across a CIPHER GRUNT on the way; after a few gym challenges, you come across CIPHER's new headquaters in an underwater cave, and their plans on XD 002: Celebi! You come across a challenging travel through the past into kanto, after travelling a good way through the headquarters, and finally get through the future-- to find yourself in SHINNO, where you you defeat and, with the help of Dialga and Palkia, return to CASTROé.

Back in CASTOé, you defeat the remaining gyms to gain access to cross the waterfall to the Johto League! After travelling through a revamped and difficult Victory Road, you defeat the best of the best trainers around,
    to find that there are two Champions waiting for you: your rival, and let the other stay a suprise!

.plot.
    Coz' we all love spoilers!

4 TOWNs through CASTROé with 4 GYMs
    2 TOWNs through KANTO with 1 GYM
    2 TOWNs through SHINNO with 1 GYM
    3 TOWNs through CASTROé with 2 GYMs
    1 TOWN through JOHTO with the ELITE FOUR
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    12 TOWNS through 4 REGIONS with the PLOT
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

.screenies.
    "Shut up! Show it to us!"

Me said:
    By, the way here's a *slight* preview of the non-messed up new tiling:-
    New Tiling
    Notice the mistakes aren't corrected yet; so don't point that out.

Once it's done, screens will be updates! =D

.team.
    Coz' someone's gotta make it

PikachuTrAiNeR - Co-ordinator, mapper, spriter, scripter

.more info.
    "P.S."

In need of a good scripter to make a few alterations to Oak's movements!
    We'll need a good spriter around here, who can do good SHADOW POKéMON spriting! You're free to send in examples to my PM Box, or just post them here! The best one among you will get to sprite all the 20 SHADOW POKéMON in this hack and get his/her name in the credits!
    Keep a look at this space for more details for joining the team!
    ***​

~ PikachuTrAiNeR
    [ Offline ]

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    This looks good the only thing is whats with the cave tiles the silver thing shouldn't be there.Unless you did that for a reson.Love the story so far.;)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I like the storyboard and the variety of regions we're visiting, so this hack seems cool, but your last screenshot, the one in the dungeon, the mapping is horrible. You really should fix it up. Find the right floor tiles, what you have use there was in inside corner turning tile, you need to use the fully plain floor tile, also you use a rock's turning edge in the middle of the rock's wall, you need to fix that.

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
    Years
  • Hmm how are you gonna manage the shadow pokemon and the Purification Chamber. Oh and Celebi as XD002 that's cool

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Thankies for CC everyone! Thanks for pointin out the tiles mistake there, marz! =D
    Hmm, yes, I've fixed that floor tiles thingy! ^^ New image will be up soon! ~
    I'll manage the Shadow Pokémon easily, I've found out a way to, just gotta try it out. I'll try to somehow implement the chamber, lesse...
    At the moment I'm starting to map the second town and route so expect them next! ;p

EDIT: "More Info" section updated!
    • We'll need a good spriter around here, who can do good SHADOW POKéMON spriting! You're free to send in examples to my PM Box, or just post them here! The best one among you will get to sprite all the 20 SHADOW POKéMON in this hack and get his/her name in the credits!
    • Keep a look at this space for more details for joining the team!

EDIT 2: Screens uploaded!

Last edited:

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • wow

i really like the idea man , this hack looks really promising, just 1 thing, as your doing so many regions are you going to keep the sevi islands and stuff? or are they gona be replaced?

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    @foofatron: I'm actually hesitating whether to do it that way or make a seperate Battle Screen with a "Shadow" backdrop, if you understand what I mean. It'll also take me some time to think of how Shadow battles should flow but ATM, I'd like to focus and finish the mapping, scripting and sprites first, so as to release a functionable BETA ASAP.
    Don't take it that Shadows will be absent in the first BETA though, but you just can't catch them yet. =(

@zak: Yes, the Sevii Islands *WILL* stay, as mentioned in the section "Features": actually the only reason for me keeping them would be access to the Nintedo Events; I'll add new maps where necessary for the game mapping! ;o

Thankies for the CC! ^_~
    I'm almost done with the next town's planning, expect it up by tommorrow! =D

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • kewl but are you gonna keep those ruins on 7 island? they're completely useless. i'd transform all of the ruin islands into little towns or something... maybe even have each one with a primary competitor.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    @rune the 1st: Hmm, thanks for reminding me of it, but ATM I think I'd shift it to Johto, for I think that'd be more interesting.
    Everyone's free to view their opinions on the location of the league; that way I'm sure we'll have the best location decided! ;o

@Samson: Seriously, I think it's better to deal with the hack itself first...

Still working on the next town; basing it off Cerulean's mapping, but I dun' think Misty's gonna make it as the leader there! =P

EDIT: More info section re-updated! Working on the second route ATM! Expect screenies soon!

EDIT 2: @__@ if you were wondering why the screens aren't up yet, the reason's up there; right at the top! I was making a logo... that Celebi just *wasn't* looking nice up there, I'm also changing the layout ATM, so... uhh, yea... D:

EDIT 3: Looks much neater now! D:
    BBL Later to resume work!
    *adds new logo to sig* ;o

Last edited:

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • hmmm

@foofatron: I'm actually hesitating whether to do it that way or make a seperate Battle Screen with a "Shadow" backdrop, if you understand what I mean. It'll also take me some time to think of how Shadow battles should flow but ATM, I'd like to focus and finish the mapping, scripting and sprites first, so as to release a functionable BETA ASAP.
    Don't take it that Shadows will be absent in the first BETA though, but you just can't catch them yet. =(

@zak: Yes, the Sevii Islands *WILL* stay, as mentioned in the section "Features": actually the only reason for me keeping them would be access to the Nintedo Events; I'll add new maps where necessary for the game mapping! ;o

Thankies for the CC! ^_~
    I'm almost done with the next town's planning, expect it up by tommorrow! =D

So are you going to go over kanto? if not ..... do you know how to add flight positions and new maps and stuf??? coz i tried but its realy complicated, let me know if ya know how.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    @Zak: Yes, I'm going to go over Kanto for the moment! ;p

The second town is finally almost done, I'm just finishing the pavements!
    Keep a look here for screenies! =D

EDIT: Yay! It's done! Screenies time! =D

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey, no problem, man! I'm actually always looking out for map mistakes, as a mapper myself. Well, I'm real glad to see you've fixed the floor tiles, now there's just one little mistake in that same screenie. Shouldn't take much time at all. Here's what it is, I took the liberty to point it out this time, 'tis much easier than explaining it though text.

Nice new screens too! This hack looks great, don't give up!

EDIT: Question: Does every sprite in that second town actually have it's own script? Be careful if they don't; if the player talks or interacts with any sprite without a script, the game crashes. Seeing as this is only the second town, players probably haven't saved the game yet.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    @xXscytherXx: Thankies! ^^

@marz: WoW! Thankies for taking time to find errors in the mapping! ^_~
    If you want, you can get your place as a BETA tester! =D
    BTW, yea they all have their scripts, ATM most are from Cerulean's scripts, but I'll get the new texts up soon.
    As you might've noticed, ATM I'm trying to finish the mapping of the first part of Castroé. I feel like that'd keep the thread more alive.

@Chaotix: Thanks again! =D

Wow, this thing's actually getting popular, need to make "Supporter" images soon... XD

EDIT: Going [ Offline ] BBL later to continue work; keep the CC comin'! ;p

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Okay, well, I'm gonna sound like a real downer here but I thought I'd just point out some little graphical tiffs I have. I'm a little picky so I apologise for that, but I had to say something.

The only problem I have with this is that the sides of the dungeon are on top of the dungeon entrance and it kinda just cuts off against the edge. I suggest moving the dungeon entrance a tile left or rounding off the slopes on the dungeon's top.

The thing with this is, if you were trying to make a hole or something, you could've just used one of those open crack tiles and fade the screen when the player steps on it, but I suppose coding would be a problem. Either that or you could get rid of the stairs and just put the entrance in its place. Just to make it look neater.

I was also wondering what you were going to do with the Shadow Pokemon sprites. Were you just going to change the colour tones of the preset Pokemon sprites, or develop completely new ones? Just a thought that crossed my mind. Sorry about the criticism, but good mapping makes the game all the more worth while. :) Everything else looks good though, so keep it up. I support XD2! :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back