• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Foreshadowing of Ash-Greninja--

Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

Waitwaitwaitwait, hold on.

...Why? The part afterwards doesn't really answer this, and I'm not much seeing why they would end it with XY&Z from a narrative perspective. Did they set it up to be the end or something, or...?

Because following multiple storyline make the Anime too complicated ! Plus , Pokemon was meant to end after Orange League.
    One series of Pokemon must follow One main storyline ! Its ether has to be Ash's Goal Or Villainous ark.
    If your want to compare Pokemon with some other show that don't compare it with "The Simpsons" or "Gintama" .
    I think you should compare Pokemon with "Avatar : Legend of Aang/Korra" ! Both series focus on the Main protagonist traveling with his friend to achieve a main goal.
    As you can see , Both Adventure series focus on One Specific Storyline !
    The main Reason Original series rose to the Top because its was following One Main Story about Ash Journey to be Pokemon Master.
    But since AG , The series tried to focus on multiple story at once the series lose balance! Not to mention , its was repeating the same story over & over.
    For now , I would like Ash to face Lysandre that same way Korra faced Kuvira !
    May be , Lysandre goes Mad and tries to kill himself & Everyone with Low energy of the weapon But Ash somehow use his Pokemon to deliver the energy to somewhere else and then have a face to face talk with Lysandre where he convince him to surrender.
    Its much better then Ash seeing Lysandre as another "Nameless villain" who just dies like Cyrus!
    The "Hero" & The "Villain" need to share a Connection !

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I think you should compare Pokemon with "Avatar : Legend of Aang/Korra" ! Both series focus on the Main protagonist traveling with his friend to achieve a main goal.
    As you can see , Both Adventure series focus on One Specific Storyline !
    The main Reason Original series rose to the Top because its was following One Main Story about Ash Journey to be Pokemon Master.[/B]
    The main reason the original rose to the top was because of its concept. Its story was never apart of Pokemon's success. Especially when you consider that "Pokemon Master" is a Mcguffin.
    As far as the whole avatar parallel goes, Korra v. Kuvira worked because Kuvira worked as a reflection of Korra. Lysandre's just a guy who wants to do bad things. Heck, even what he wants isn't really end-show worthy (though I'd be willing to say Kuvira was a similar case, especially considering how people felt about the ending).

Heck, if anything, Giovanni works as the perfect cure-all endshow villain because can very easily be used to parallel the innocence of youth with the temptations of avarice and lust, among other things. Origins did this pretty well, and he certainly holds a larger connection to Ash than...any of the major antagonists. Except maybe Cyrus, he could parallel with a child MC pretty easily.

But, really, and this is pretty much what I said before, but I don't see the show ending with a Big Bad Battle, and I certainly don't see it ending with XY & Z. Ash's story will end with an Ash related event, and, hell, I'd reckon that even after Ash's story ends the show will just continue with a new protagonist.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    It would be also great if the pokemon anime has only one series.
    Every new Pocket Monsters series is like ash is resetted and forgott everything, i really don't like that...
    And this because of newcomers?
    I don't think the maker of anime must reset the anime because of newcomers.
    This is one of the big problems of pokemon anime i think. :/

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • It would be also great if the pokemon anime has only one series.
    Every new Pocket Monsters series is like ash is resetted and forgott everything, i really don't like that...
    And this because of newcomers?
    I don't think the maker of anime must reset the anime because of newcomers.
    This is one of the big problems of pokemon anime i think. :/
    It's less because of newcomers and more because there really hasn't been a lot of thought put into things besides showing off new Pokemon. For some reason or other the status quo has to be the same year after year, with Ash and Pikachu starting from square one and almost every travel companion and Pokemon he's met just being sucked into the void. I honestly don't know why this is; considering that the anime is essentially a big giant advertisement for the games these days, it would make more sense to have characters grow and mature like they do in the games. The storywriters it seems just can't handle Ash changing and growing as a person, so they do the only thing they know or are allowed to do and just hit the reset button each time a new generation comes out, reverting Ash and Pikachu to novice status and burying any and all Pokemon and travel companions from the old region unless one of them is lucky enough to have a new evolution they can show off.

There's just no point in getting invested because things are stuck in a giant quagmire, with some parts not changing at all and others changing far too quickly. Ash will likely never become a Pokemon master, and the companions he travels with never appear again once he leaves so we never know if they succeeded in chasing their dreams or not. It's a giant waste of potential, as the anime could be so much better if they just let Ash stay competent and get better at things and not toss everybody besides him and Pikachu into the void of nothingness and oblivion, with the exception of a few characters.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • It's less because of newcomers and more because there really hasn't been a lot of thought put into things besides showing off new Pokemon. For some reason or other the status quo has to be the same year after year, with Ash and Pikachu starting from square one and almost every travel companion and Pokemon he's met just being sucked into the void. I honestly don't know why this is; considering that the anime is essentially a big giant advertisement for the games these days, it would make more sense to have characters grow and mature like they do in the games. The storywriters it seems just can't handle Ash changing and growing as a person, so they do the only thing they know or are allowed to do and just hit the reset button each time a new generation comes out, reverting Ash and Pikachu to novice status and burying any and all Pokemon and travel companions from the old region unless one of them is lucky enough to have a new evolution they can show off.

There's just no point in getting invested because things are stuck in a giant quagmire, with some parts not changing at all and others changing far too quickly. Ash will likely never become a Pokemon master, and the companions he travels with never appear again once he leaves so we never know if they succeeded in chasing their dreams or not. It's a giant waste of potential, as the anime could be so much better if they just let Ash stay competent and get better at things and not toss everybody besides him and Pikachu into the void of nothingness and oblivion, with the exception of a few characters.
    It's risky though, and that's largely the reason they do it. They can't keep things because, as you said, the show is a giant advertisement for the games. They're far more interested in showing off new Pokemon and game mechanics and cameoing characters from the corresponding games because it does just what the show entails: it advertises. This is why the Characters of the Week are so important to the show's structure, because they work as ways to show off more Pokemon and mechanics. Because, at the end of the day, Pokemon isn't a character anime. Characters serve the episode's plot more than they do the experience.

The "risk" I mentioned was that Ash getting better makes it more difficult to vary the Characters of the Week and, as the show continues, widens the divide between Ash and the other characters. This would essentially mean that if they wanted around the same number of episodes per season that they always have, they have to focus more on the other members of Ash's group rather than Ash himself, who would pretty much only step in for more major dilemmas and the odd gym badge. They couldn't do this, though, as the show largely centers around Ash and exactly how many seasons the show will have isn't really up to the writers. They've basically written themselves into a corner in that regard, but as I mentioned, the show isn't a character anime, anyway.

The only real problem I see is that, compared to other shows of its ilk (by this I mean, the long weekly show that isn't too plot due to its length/premise (i.e. Youkai Watch, Detective Conan)) is that it never really presents Ash with challenges. The show uses Ash as a constant and the female as a dynamic (which is interestingly the reverse of when Misty was around, where she was a seasoned trainer and Ash was a greenhorn). Ash, though, is only really given actual dilemmas during the movies, and he never actually has to do anything from a character perspective. Detective Conan in particular does this with its main character so that, more than the average "Case of the Day", it keeps the viewer engaged and restates the idea that the show indeed is working towards something. Pokemon doesn't really do this though, and it should because when Misty played the Ash role, she did have dilemmas. Her character (background and personality) played a role in getting her into/out of problems, and in these dilemmas her character would often be tested. Ash doesn't really get that...and he really should considering he's the guy people've been following for umpteen seasons. It certainly doesn't give older viewers much reason to be interested in the same exact character they saw almost 20 years ago.

/longpost

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Not to play mod, but none of this has anything to do with XY&Z. There have been several threads in this subforum to complain about the anime, and absolutely nothing being said here is anything that hasn't been said over and over again in them. We really don't need to derail a different thread just to repeat it all.

Getting back to XY&Z:

What part do you guys think Manon will play in all of this? When we last left her in MEIII, Daigo was taking her back to Kalos to meet up with Alan. We know she'll be in MEIV and interacting with the Zygarde cores. But she's been missing from basically every bit of XYZ promotion and Eureka seems to be the one forming the bond with the core. So what is Manon doing, and why has the advertising not been mentioning her at all?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The main question is , Will Ash meet Lysandre or he will be a Nameless villain for him ?
    Honestly , I'm hoping Lysandre to personally visit Ash after his commander inform him about Ash-Greninja.
    May be , He will be one tell Ash about the Kalo War 3000 year ago !
    May be , He might try to brainwash Ash to join him like Alain.
    Honestly , I prefer Ash to sympathize with Lysandre's desire for Beautiful Kalo and refuse to acknowledge his Method.
    And as Always , I want a Cute Tomboyish Girl As Ash's main rival.

UPDATE--
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The main reason the original rose to the top was because of its concept. Its story was never apart of Pokemon's success. Especially when you consider that "Pokemon Master" is a Mcguffin.

And what is the concept of Pokemon anime ?
    Is it about capturing Pokemon because Ash hardly catchs more then 7 pokemon!
    Is it about Little Kids going on adventure with cute little Animal because its one of the oldest concept of Kids show and barely unique at all .
    Or Is it about Ash journey to become a Pokemon Master even though the anime no longer geared toward that after the Original series.
    Unlike , Digimon which is about Kids with Digimon working together to save the world , One Piece is about Screw hat pirate saving the day while becoming Number one pirate , Doreamon is about all the mischief cause by Doreamon's gadget.

Also , Didn't I talk about Team Rocket finale ark where Ash & co finally destroy Team Rocket for good? Also , If Ash's journey end in XY&Z then Team Rocket Finale ark still be part of XY&Z series even if it took place in Kento.
    Unless the remake of "Pokemon Blue" comes out named "Pokemon aqua Blue".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Question : Will Korrina play any role in XY&Z ??
    Its weird that Alain challenging all Megevolution User yet he haven't challenge Korrina who happen to be Megevolution Successor.
    Honestly , I like to see A "Love & Hate" between her & Alain!
    Its much better then shipping him with Manon who's at least 5 year younger .(Dammed Lolicons)
    Honestly , I like to see A running gag of Korrina always Kicking Alain whenever she get angry with his cold attitude or Rudeness. After all , The Game mention Korrina's kick to be strong enough to crush concrete yet the Anime ignore it.
    I think , its better if XY&Z shove Serena & Clemont in sideline while treating Ash , Alain & Korrina as main characters.

He's right, most of the pics of Serena there were definitely copy-and-pasted, notably shots from XY064.

Good , The Last thing we need is a Forced Romance between Ash & Serena.
    Writers need to remember that Ash & Misty are a classic Couple like Ranma & Akane (Ranma 1/2) , Inu yasha & Kagame (Inu yasha) Or Shinichi & Ran (Detective Conan).
    So , If Ash going to chose someone else then it has to be someone well-written & worthy.
    Someone ether process a unique beauty that overshadow all girl (Like May) Or has a Badass personality with beauty and amazing "Chemistry" with Ash.
    Serena lacked "Chemistry" & "Badass Personality" from the start and she nowhere as cute as May (Specially after cutting her hair)
    Off course , If Misty reappear with "New Look" that Overshadow May then she will be perfect , Her "New Look" has to be something thar make her look Young as Ash ! But the Anime need to took care of her HGSS design first by having her appear once in TV on her HGSS getup.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Writers need to remember that Ash & Misty are a classic Couple like Ranma & Akane (Ranma 1/2) , Inu yasha & Kagame (Inu yasha) Or Shinichi & Conan (Detective Conan).
    That's not a thing that happened. They weren't like that. See, the big thing about all of those peopl- Shinichi and Conan aren't a couple. Not only is that selfcest, but it's also pedophilia. Preeeetty sure you meant Ran and Conan, or even Shinichi and Ran. Anyway, those couples mutually liked each other and it was very obviously right there. There was no mistake, love was in the air. Outside of some 4kids magic, that was not the case with Ash and Misty. This all smells awfully shippy to me.
    So , If Ash going to chose someone else then it has to be someone well-written & worthy.
    Someone ether process a unique beauty that overshadow all girl (Like May) Or has a Badass personality with beauty and amazing "Chemistry" with Ash.
    Serena lacked "Chemistry" & "Badass Personality" from the start and she nowhere as cute as May (Specially after cutting her hair)
    Off course , If Misty reappear with "New Look" that Overshadow May then she will be perfect , Her "New Look" has to be something thar make her look Young as Ash ! But the Anime need to took care of her HGSS design first by having her appear once in TV on her HGSS getup.
    Awfully shippy, indeed. You seem really fixated on very subjective things, like May's beauty that "overshadow all girl", which many would disagree with (including me), the whole idea that beauty is even a factor, and your feelings towards Serena.

First off, I still really don't see anything that would push for romantic developments in XY&Z. Second- actually, I think Hiroshi said it best, 's not relevant.

---

But as far as the Korrina is concerned...I doubt they'd get rid of Serena and Clemont, largely for the reason that I mentioned before. They are the dynamics and Ash is the constant. Granted, the character development in Pokemon is pretty bare bones, but it's there, and Clemont and Serena can't leave the party until they've learned something. They're dynamics for a reason: they change. Just starting the season with, "Whelp, it was fun Ash but maaaan a bed sounds good right now," and then boom, a new party, would be...odd. Very odd. It'd make the viewer wonder why they tagged along in the first place, and that would make the rest of XY seem marginally less significant. They need to hit a milestone before they leave, because in a lot of ways, their journeys are made to develop and even end before Ash's.

Alain, from what I've read, seems a lot closer to a rival (or maybe a sidekick/protag in a much edgier Pokemon anime). Certainly no replacement for the male character in the show, it'd never work. Ash would be completely overshadowed by the guy, and that, for a show like this (and this show in particular), would be very, very bad. And as for Korrina...what does she have to offer the narrative. I could see her as a major character as a threat to Lysandre, but not one of Ash's party. There's just no point. She has as much reason to be there as...

...I dunno, Ash's mom?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    That's not a thing that happened. They weren't like that. See, the big thing about all of those peopl- Shinichi and Conan aren't a couple. Not only is that selfcest, but it's also pedophilia. Preeeetty sure you meant Ran and Conan, or even Shinichi and Ran. Anyway, those couples mutually liked each other and it was very obviously right there. There was no mistake, love was in the air. Outside of some 4kids magic, that was not the case with Ash and Misty. This all smells awfully shippy to me.

Awfully shippy, indeed. You seem really fixated on very subjective things, like May's beauty that "overshadow all girl", which many would disagree with (including me), the whole idea that beauty is even a factor, and your feelings towards Serena.

First off, I still really don't see anything that would push for romantic developments in XY&Z. Second- actually, I think Hiroshi said it best, 's not relevant.

---

But as far as the Korrina is concerned...I doubt they'd get rid of Serena and Clemont, largely for the reason that I mentioned before. They are the dynamics and Ash is the constant. Granted, the character development in Pokemon is pretty bare bones, but it's there, and Clemont and Serena can't leave the party until they've learned something. They're dynamics for a reason: they change. Just starting the season with, "Whelp, it was fun Ash but maaaan a bed sounds good right now," and then boom, a new party, would be...odd. Very odd. It'd make the viewer wonder why they tagged along in the first place, and that would make the rest of XY seem marginally less significant. They need to hit a milestone before they leave, because in a lot of ways, their journeys are made to develop and even end before Ash's.

Alain, from what I've read, seems a lot closer to a rival (or maybe a sidekick/protag in a much edgier Pokemon anime). Certainly no replacement for the male character in the show, it'd never work. Ash would be completely overshadowed by the guy, and that, for a show like this (and this show in particular), would be very, very bad. And as for Korrina...what does she have to offer the narrative. I could see her as a major character as a threat to Lysandre, but not one of Ash's party. There's just no point. She has as much reason to be there as...

...I dunno, Ash's mom?

I'm not a Pokeshipper by any means (I'm more one who sees love at first sight a'la Disney to be the one true form of love), but to be fair, Misty and Ash did have what could be considered Pokeshipping hints even in the Japanese version (the episodes with Rudy as well as Pok?mon the Movie 2000 are particularly notorious in that regard). Certainly there's more chance at them getting together than Amourshipping happening despite it being forced down our throats (let's face it, Ash is very oblivious to Serena's feelings and probably wouldn't even care if a guy hits on her and doesn't seem to view her any more than as a friend. At least with Misty, there are times Ash actually seems to act jealous when other guys come near her).

That being said, I'm doubtful they'll leave that soon. Ash still has to go for the Kalos League before its time for them to go. Then again, XY did avert the whole "the protagonists cannot change their appearances for a long period of time while in the middle of a saga" with Serena's shame-induced haircut (I'm sorry, but that really doesn't work as a dramatic scene. I didn't like May's crying at the Kanto Grand Festival, yet I'd even take that over how Serena handled her first loss. Crying's one thing, but cutting your own hair?!).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

This Mega Sceptile better not be Shota's !
    Ash wasn't ready for Charizard during Shota's age and even now he's not worthy of keeping Goodra.
    And This Pipsqueak get a Mega Ring before Ash just because he's Tomika's favorite.
    Not just that , A Mega Ring can allow Shota to get a Mega Salamence or other megamon if he finds their mega stone.
    Just like I said , One Special Greninja can't make up for it!
    What writers gonna do ? Turn all Ash's main Pokemon Red & blue .
    I'm sick of unworthy Characters getting better thing for free while Ash has prove himself yet he still doesn't get it.
    Does Writers think "Favoritism" is Okay as long as they doesn't show it toward Ash ?
    Plus , Shota is totally irrelevant in the series ! He lives or dies will not affect the series.
    Just like its didn't matter that Cassy failed to qualify for the Jotho League.
    Shota is more relevant as pawn to set up a hyped League battle between Ash & an arrogant guy who not only just brutally beat Shota but also breaks his Spirit.
    If Pokemon follows the concept of "Ash Journey to become a Pokemon Master" then only relevant Rival are those who influence him to develop into a stronger trainer.
    Thats Why Gary & Paul was relevant and better rival because they pushed Ash to be a Stronger trainer. They existed for Ash , Not for themselves.

Last edited:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Mega Jukain is stated to be Gekkouga's rival, and unless you know of some other Jukain that has a rivalry with Satoshi's Gekogashira then it clearly belongs to Shouta. This was even set up all the way back in XY075, when Shouta and Kimori expressed an interest in Mega Evolving and that rivalry was established in the first place. And considering that Satoshi and Shouta are the same age, I don't get how Shouta is any less "ready" for a Mega Jukain he has a clear bond with than Satoshi is for a special Gekkouga that has all the benefits of Mega Evolving without the limits (i.e. Mega Stone). Whether or not people can Mega Evolve their Pokémon depends solely on the strength of their bond and whether or not they have the tools, not their age or experience, so Shouta is just as eligible for it as anyone else is.

And while I agree that it feels like other characters sometimes get things easily the writers would never dream of allowing Satoshi to have, this is clearly not one of those cases. In fact, it's just the opposite. Satoshi is getting something no other character – not Shouta, not Alan, not Fleur-de-lis, not even champions like Daigo or Carnet – will get. The Satoshi-Gekkouga is stated in that magazine to have the power to compare with Mega Jukain (and, assumedly, any other Mega) and is powered by the same bonds that Mega Evolutions are, the only thing it lacks is a Mega Stone – which it doesn't need. Gojika herself saidSatoshi and Gekkouga would reach brand new heights no one else has. If this were the OS or BW, even AG or DP, Satoshi would likely not get anything - let alone a new Pokemon form that might actually surpass Mega Evolution.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    ^ while you do bring up a decent point, I still find giving Shota mega sceptile a cheap shortcut in order to juice up a rivalry that hasn't been "there" yet. I haven't seen him enough to definitively say that he for sure has the same bond with sceptile that Satoshi has shown to have with greninja.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    ^ while you do bring up a decent point, I still find giving Shota mega sceptile a cheap shortcut in order to juice up a rivalry that hasn't been "there" yet. I haven't seen him enough to definitively say that he for sure has the same bond with sceptile that Satoshi has shown to have with greninja.
    I'd disagree, actually. Shouta's only appeared in four episodes, one of which was a cameo, but his relationship with Juptile is still more visible to me than Satoshi and Gekogashira's. Shouta is rarely seen without Kimori by his side, the two interact frequently, and Mega Evolution is stated to be a goal they were working on together. It's not pounded into the audience's head like Corni-Lucario or Alan-Lizardon, but it's there… and, IMHO, it's easier to accept than Satoshi and Gekogashira, who needed several minutes of straight-up Gojika exposition in order to sell the idea of them being close enough to result in a Satoshi-Gekkouga.

As for as why Shouta gets Mega Jukain in the first place, I think it's just because Jukain is popular and it happens to have a Mega Evolution. Therefore, the anime has to advertise it. There's little Mega Jukain does to change the rivalry that regular Jukain couldn't do.

On a different topic, one thing that I love about everything we've seen so far is how different characters are getting their own little storylines. You've got Satoshi and Gekkouga, the culmination of Alan's character arc (which Manon will likely play a part in), whatever's going on between Satoshi and Alan, Eureka and Puni-chan, whatever part Platane will play (which likely features Limone, as per the end scene in XY068), Team Rocket is confirmed to have a role, Shouta and Mega Jukain, Serena's Tripokalons… the only character who doesn't seem to have anything to look forward to is Citron. The anime just needs to deliver on all of it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    ^ Tbh, I'm just afraid it would give the writers full reign to have Shota defeating Satoshi at the league. I'd stomach Tierno defeating him more than I would Shota. We've clearly seen Shota being curbstomped by Satoshi twice, and we know he was behind Satoshi by 5 badges after Valerie's battle, but now were made to believe that both are at semi-equal levels so we can have this mega sceptile vs Satoshi-greninja. I'm just tired of having poorly-developed rivals that are introduced late in the series that are contrived solely for the purpose of defeating Satoshi at the league, whether it was Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias, or cameron.

My problem has never been Shota getting a mega when Satoshi doesn't. It's me being tired of awful writing that creates characters specifically for defeating Satoshi at the league time and time again, just so they can say "you tried, good luck in next generation's region." Shota getting a mega, while being behind in terms of badges and skill thus far, opens up the doors for him beating Satoshi at the league.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Mega Jukain is stated to be Gekkouga's rival, and unless you know of some other Jukain that has a rivalry with Satoshi's Gekogashira then it clearly belongs to Shouta. This was even set up all the way back in XY075, when Shouta and Kimori expressed an interest in Mega Evolving and that rivalry was established in the first place. And considering that Satoshi and Shouta are the same age, I don't get how Shouta is any less "ready" for a Mega Jukain he has a clear bond with than Satoshi is for a special Gekkouga that has all the benefits of Mega Evolving without the limits (i.e. Mega Stone). Whether or not people can Mega Evolve their Pokémon depends solely on the strength of their bond and whether or not they have the tools, not their age or experience, so Shouta is just as eligible for it as anyone else is.

And while I agree that it feels like other characters sometimes get things easily the writers would never dream of allowing Satoshi to have, this is clearly not one of those cases. In fact, it's just the opposite. Satoshi is getting something no other character – not Shouta, not Alan, not Fleur-de-lis, not even champions like Daigo or Carnet – will get. The Satoshi-Gekkouga is stated in that magazine to have the power to compare with Mega Jukain (and, assumedly, any other Mega) and is powered by the same bonds that Mega Evolutions are, the only thing it lacks is a Mega Stone – which it doesn't need. Gojika herself saidSatoshi and Gekkouga would reach brand new heights no one else has. If this were the OS or BW, even AG or DP, Satoshi would likely not get anything - let alone a new Pokemon form that might actually surpass Mega Evolution.

You may forget that Shota is a Rockey !
    He & Ash are "Same-Aged" because Ash doesn't age.
    But still Shota looks like a 8 year old Kid while Ash look like 12 year old boy ! The only reason we believe Shota to be 10 because he has a Pokemon.
    Truth is , Ash & Shota are only Same-Aged because of a F***** up Anime Logic But Ash is still 5 year more experience then Shota !

Also , Your talking about Shota big Dream about Mega Sceptile !
    Ash trying to achieve his Dream of winning a "Real League" but did Writer cared ? He also wished to catch a Ditto , Not to mention He repeated failure of catching a Dunsprece !
    Ash also declared that he will catch all Pokemon at the first episode of Original series But Ash catchs less Pokemon then any other trainers.
    I remember Prof Oak belittling Ash for catching less Pokemon in "Primeape goes Banana".
    So , Its unacceptable for Shota to have Mega Sceptile & possibly Salamence just because he's Tomika's favorite!
    If Writers wanted to showcase Mega Sceptile then they should bring Brenden for ORAS promotion because I believe most people would be more interested in watching a battle between Ash & Brendan

Also , The only reason Ash got Ash-Greninja because writers wants to avoid him for getting a Mega Ring So Unworthy trashs can have them.
    Ash-Greninja is no different then Rotom or Darmanitan since they can change form as well So it no substitute for Megevolution.
    Plus its unfair since the Anime giving Greninja Special attention compare to all other Pokemon with Deeper bond with Ash! At least , A Mega Ring gives most of Ash's pokemon fair chance to access special transformation instate of just Greninja with Special transformation.
    Pikachu , Charizard , Sceptile , Beyleaf ,Heracross , Infernape , Glalie , Quilava , Krookodile , Leavanny , Swellow , Pignite , Gible , Donphan , Gliscor , Noibat etc has special Bond with Ash but suddenly Greninja show up with Special transformation to show how fickle their bond is.
    What Writer gonna do ? Turn Most of Ash's Pokemon into Ash-Pokemon ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    i agree that just making a new character and going from grovyle to mega sceptile in like 2 weeks in anime time seems fueled by favor and im saying this because korrina had lucario as a child and by the time she got the mega stone their bond wasn't strong enough to keep lucario calm until some soul searching test they could control it and then we got a kid from hoenn that suddenly get to that same level of power just to advertise ash,greninja vs M.sceptile rivalry.
    if they wanted to advertise it they could have just bought back sceptile and made it a rivalry about pride and keeping cool.

Back