• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE) - Developer's Demo 1 Released

Should JOHTO be added to the Hack, or HOENN?

• Total voters

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Interesting, I'll have a better look at it when I get to play it, but seems like you made a good use of flags...

Well, very nice screenshots. This hack is between the best hacks around here, but I suppose it needs more support... Good work, still.

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Watsup, people...

I'm back with ADSL now :D

Is there anyone here who knows how to write scripts that take money from the player? I'd apprecitae it if you could PM me, please.

More screens later. Promise.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Go to WAH, there's a manual for a Payment Script (But this means, in Spanish... I wonder if you could get a good translation) Well, the important thing is the base script, after all...
    PM me if you don't know how to reach WAH.

Nice to hear we'll be getting updates! G'Luck!

Last edited:

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Hi All, again.

Here are the new screens I've been promising you all. It took some time because of my ADSL cap that expired ( I was cut off till 1 Feb) and because of the registration at the University of Cape Town (I got accepted :D)

Okay... Here we go:

FLOWM TOWN (refresh) - The cave is a surprise:
    Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE) - Developer's Demo 1 Released

VERTIGOZ CITY (refresh) and the VERTICAL PASS (refresh):

ANIGAV PASS (refresh) and a storehouse:

That's all I have for now becuase of my busy lifestyle, but I can say that I'm gonna release this hack probably by June 2007 (or later).

Enjoy :P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Nice screenies, but I guess people could start saying that there are a few errors in the mapping (maybe in parts where mountain tiles turn...) I'm not sure about that building to the right of the Gym in your first screenshot, it may be creative, or it may be considered a problem...

Hmm... Is there some kind of problem at the first screenie of Vertigoz City, it seems darker than usual... O.o (even the text box... As if it crashed... :P)

In this image I think that when you jump the ledge to the left you end up over the mountain tile, right?

Well... Keep things as you can (Great you got accepted at the Uni), we (or I, perhaps there's more people out there interested lol) will be waiting for the next update! Good luck!

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Nice screenies, but I guess people could start saying that there are a few errors in the mapping (maybe in parts where mountain tiles turn...) I'm not sure about that building to the right of the Gym in your first screenshot, it may be creative, or it may be considered a problem...

Hmm... Is there some kind of problem at the first screenie of Vertigoz City, it seems darker than usual... O.o (even the text box... As if it crashed... :P)

In this image I think that when you jump the ledge to the left you end up over the mountain tile, right?

Well... Keep things as you can (Great you got accepted at the Uni), we (or I, perhaps there's more people out there interested lol) will be waiting for the next update! Good luck!
    That building isn't meant to be any type of problem. It's meant to indicate another use of the available tiles - believe me, I've seen stranger.

As for the screen with the desert, yes, you do land on the mountain tile - and that is what's intended to happen (ie. it's a little incline you end up on).

I don't wish to use many custom tiles, so I'm trying to make do with what I have in the base FR ROM, and with what AM will allow me to do, as the tile block adding feature in AM apparently doesn't work -_-

Oh, as for the Vertigoz screen - there was a flash of lightning, so I had to darken that screenshot a little bit.

And the tree in this screen won't be there in the final. I've fixed it already.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I like the Virtual reality game and the time system ideas.
    Keep the mountain like that, there are some errors but it looks more like a mountain.
    I hope you post more screenshots soon.

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Here's another update...

I present: The IGNEOUS COMPLEX.

This is a complex system of caves that spans accross HEXVI and ESTER, connecting them and housing a few important sites that you'll learn about during the game. These do unlock some new areas in existing caves in HEXVI and ESTER. Please note that I'm NOT copying rijonAdventures' "Rijon Underground Tunnels System", as I had implemented the IGNEOUS COMPLEX before I had to restart the hack. These screens are from the Alpha version, so the name and maps may be subject to change. Enjoy.

By the way...

I'm planning on removing JOHTO from the hack, or just adding a portion of it. Any views on that?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Yeah, sure. It always sounds good underground tunnels that connect different parts in the game (maybe we can reach inaccessible places using the tunnels also?, maybe getting a legendary if we reach certain criteria) Go for it!

And, about the Johto thing... Well, you're planning on having Hexvi and Ester, so adding Johto would be a bit too much in my opinion (unless they aren't too big), I don't know, perhaps one city would be nice/enough.

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Sorry for the long wait, everyone...

This is wicked awsome.Can't wait for the beta.

There will be -no- Beta version. Only the -final- version will be released when I believe that it is the appropriate time to do so.

Screens: Some areas have been updated, so here's some screens of two of them ;)

And a new part of the IGNEOUS COMPLEX:

So with all that out of the way... I'll return to my hacking. Balancing this and university is a tough job :(

BTW: Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE)'s sequel's name is: Pokémon Yttrium 92 (UNSTABLE) I hope to get started on it within the next two weeks, and have a tread up for it too. Soon.

~Later ;)

Last edited:

zak

xpert trainer
    Years

Sorry for the long wait, everyone...

There will be -no- Beta version. Only the -final- version will be released when I believe that it is the appropriate time to do so.

Screens: Some areas have been updated, so here's some screens of two of them ;)

And a new part of the IGNEOUS COMPLEX:

So with all that out of the way... I'll return to my hacking. Balancing this and university is a tough job :(

BTW: Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE)'s sequel's name is: Pokémon Yttrium 92 (UNSTABLE) I hope to get started on it within the next two weeks, and have a tread up for it too. Soon.

~Later ;)

looks pretty good , but then agen the screen with the trees and mountains going along the left hand side looks wrong you need to start the monuntains and finish them clearly otherwise they look, well wierd, but anyway other maps look really good and cant wait to see more of this hack,

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Hiya Everyone...

Here are a few more screens of what I've been working on (more of the IGNEOUS COMPLEX). LAter on, this system of caves playes a rather important role in the game...Especailly pertaining to obtaining the eightth badge ;)

More of the cave near FLOWM TOWN:

And something interesting inside it:

Something new in another city(...Can you guess which?):

And lastly, another part of the IGNEOUS COMPLEX in another city (maybe this explains the strange shots of the cave near FLOWM TOWN...):

Well, that's all for now people...Any suggestions or commets? Please make them known here! :D

EDIT: I'm releasing a Developer's Demo today. Please read the attatched README file and patch to a CLEAN FIRE RED ROM.
    Follow this link to get it: Yttriumdevdemo1.Zip by Bigupload.Com

~More later :D

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
    Years
  • If ONLY one city of johto will be in it, i suggest Ecruteak City. PLEAZZZZZZ include ho-oh and make a few of us happier
    thanx anyway,
    ho-oh

how can you add Ecruteak, It's conected on all 3 sides. the only direction is the north, and that's blocked by the two towers, unless, you plan on conecting it to where the tin tower is.

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • how can you add Ecruteak, It's conected on all 3 sides. the only direction is the north, and that's blocked by the two towers, unless, you plan on conecting it to where the tin tower is.

If ONLY one city of johto will be in it, i suggest Ecruteak City. PLEAZZZZZZ include ho-oh and make a few of us happier
    thanx anyway,
    ho-oh

Oh dear me...

um, ECRUTEAK CITY's map is actually implemented into the ROM, and don't worry about the connections - I've already done something cute to them. Look a few pages back - you'll see ECRUTEAK's screens. BUt as for HO-OH, it may or may not be catchable in ECRUTEAK CITY... I was actually plannin on moving that event somewhere else ;) adn as for ECRUTEAK CITY, you'll have to wait and see if it's in the final version or not :P

btw, and comments on the Demo release? Anyone?

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • Tis hack is looking really awesome and the screenshots are really great!I have the demo (haven't played it yet :embarrass ) and i bet it's going to be as amazingly awesome as your screenies. Keep up the great work and i hope to see more soon! :)

Back