• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
  • I tryed to play .8 release today and when i picked my starter bulbasaur he only had selfdestruct. im sure that is some kind of bug or something.

Yup, this is a known bug that's already been reported. The post above yours details how to fix this—download v0.8.1 and take your Bulbasaur to the move relearner next to the PC in any Pokémon Center. Thanks!

Years
  • Finally!!! I've been waiting to get this updated. Also have you bought the expansion pass for Sw/Sh?
    Also may I make a suggestion about giving Team Rocket their Gen 2 battle music, that brings back memories it also makes them seem more sinister.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    Is there a way to evolve Togepi into Togetic faster? Or is the Soothe Bell available in the game?

Years
  • Finally!!! I've been waiting to get this updated. Also have you bought the expansion pass for Sw/Sh?
    Also may I make a suggestion about giving Team Rocket their Gen 2 battle music, that brings back memories it also makes them seem more sinister.

Good to hear! To be honest, I haven't bought the base Sword and Shield games. Ultimately, they didn't interest me. As for music, I'm sticking to the FRLG tracks where I can.

Is there a way to evolve Togepi into Togetic faster? Or is the Soothe Bell available in the game?

Soothe Bell is on the highest floor of the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town. Friendship based evolution should happen faster now since the friendship requirement was lowered to 160, matching Sword and Shield.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    I played a ton of fan games over the years, I've benn playing Pokemon from over 20 years, and this project is one of the best fan games I ever played! It's like Fire Red 2020 edition, even gen 8 updated moves!
    I added some move animations/sounds from others cool fan games and the game now is even better.
    So I want to thank all of you for making this great game, I'm having a lot of fun playing it!
    10/10!!

Edit: I meet a bug and report it here (a wild clefairy used metronome but this error pop up and the move failed)

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.1]
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `blacklist' for #<PokeBattle_Move_0B6:0x1484a0d0>
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5051:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5047:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5067:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3585:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3584:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3584:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3823:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3822:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3822:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2935:in `pbAttackPhase'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2020
    Hey, so I'm tryna play the most recent version on my phone with My Boy, but it's not a patch file or .gba file, I really wanna play this game, it looks AMAZING... but I don't know how.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2020
    I really, really, really wanna play this game. However, the most recent version isn't a .gba or patch file, and I'm tryna use My Boy to play it, so I don't know how. It's kinda big sad. Also, sorry if I accidently wrote something like this, I'm new and have no idea what I'm doing.

Years
  • I played a ton of fan games over the years, I've benn playing Pokemon from over 20 years, and this project is one of the best fan games I ever played! It's like Fire Red 2020 edition, even gen 8 updated moves!
    I added some move animations/sounds from others cool fan games and the game now is even better.
    So I want to thank all of you for making this great game, I'm having a lot of fun playing it!
    10/10!!

Edit: I meet a bug and report it here (a wild clefairy used metronome but this error pop up and the move failed)

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.1]
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `blacklist' for #<PokeBattle_Move_0B6:0x1484a0d0>
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5051:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5047:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:5067:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3585:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3584:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3584:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3823:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3822:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3822:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2935:in `pbAttackPhase'

Glad you're enjoying it! That was kinda the motivation behind it—I love Kanto, but playing FireRed without the modern gameplay enhancements just doesn't do it for me anymore. Thanks for pointing out that bug, I've uploaded a fix for it with v0.8.2.

I really, really, really wanna play this game. However, the most recent version isn't a .gba or patch file, and I'm tryna use My Boy to play it, so I don't know how. It's kinda big sad. Also, sorry if I accidently wrote something like this, I'm new and have no idea what I'm doing.

This isn't a ROM hack, it's a standalone PC game built using Pokémon Essentials. You won't be able to use it on My Boy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    The mediafire link isn't working, zerokid. Is there another place you can upload the game to please?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Hey! I'm loving this fan game, it's great! Early in the game, I obtained a Meltan as a gift Pokemon. How would I approach evolving it? It's basically worthless until it evolves and it only evolves with the candies from Pokemon GO... Perhaps it is a level-up evolution?

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Awesome game, I wish I had discovered this earlier since I love FRLG :)

Also, I noticed that Attack/move animations aren't showing up for me even though I have Battle Effects ON
    - If these don't exist in your game, I highly recommend importing attack animations from Pokemon Reborn
    - If you do so, credit: Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, SmeargleTail, Mde, Koyo, Pokemon Mystery Universe (sound), Neslug (Graphics Rip)
    - Also, you can remove any lag by cache-ing these animations from this link (credit: thepsynergist) https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429390
    - If you get stuck on any of these, I'm more than happy to help!

^Besides that minor nitpick, I'm really enjoying this game. I even caught a shiny Caterpie!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm glad this project is still going, it sorta fell off the map and I couldnt find the thread anymore.

Years
  • The mediafire link isn't working, zerokid. Is there another place you can upload the game to please?

Here you go. Hope you have better luck with this one: https://mega.nz/file/Cz513KgB#RYr90HLEzg-AjMNIrtKghsfEXgBE7Aq_drzcrDN55zY

Hey! I'm loving this fan game, it's great! Early in the game, I obtained a Meltan as a gift Pokemon. How would I approach evolving it? It's basically worthless until it evolves and it only evolves with the candies from Pokemon GO... Perhaps it is a level-up evolution?

A girl in the Safari Zone entrance gate will give you an item which can evolve Meltan.

Awesome game, I wish I had discovered this earlier since I love FRLG :)

Also, I noticed that Attack/move animations aren't showing up for me even though I have Battle Effects ON
    - If these don't exist in your game, I highly recommend importing attack animations from Pokemon Reborn
    - If you do so, credit: Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, SmeargleTail, Mde, Koyo, Pokemon Mystery Universe (sound), Neslug (Graphics Rip)
    - Also, you can remove any lag by cache-ing these animations from this link (credit: thepsynergist) https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429390
    - If you get stuck on any of these, I'm more than happy to help!

^Besides that minor nitpick, I'm really enjoying this game. I even caught a shiny Caterpie!

Thanks! Yeah animations haven't been incorporated yet unfortunately. They were the half-baked default Essentials animations, and then some users started having issues loading the game when they were included, so I removed them altogether for the time being. I do plan on getting these in, but no time frame on that yet. Thanks for the resources, I'll be sure to check them out. Congrats on the shiny!

I'm glad this project is still going, it sorta fell off the map and I couldnt find the thread anymore.

Yup, still going. Long pause for multiple reasons, not least of which is that the update from v0.7 to v0.8 was the biggest and most sweeping update I've done so far.

willisbetter

Bird Trainer Will
    Years
  • I just started playing this and its amazing, my only complaint about it is the lack of battle animations, but that is a very minor complaint and doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game at all

Back