• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon: Ash's New Adventures

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    looking pretty good so far, but like signomi said it's too early to give a rating yet. I also agree with dark summoner, who cares if he puts the text in panels? It just gives you a better idea of what's going on. To give a that good idea of the comic using speech bubbles would have taken atleast 5 parts.

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    smarty_arty said:
    looking pretty good so far, but like signomi said it's too early to give a rating yet. I also agree with dark summoner, who cares if he puts the text in panels? It just gives you a better idea of what's going on. To give a that good idea of the comic using speech bubbles would have taken atleast 5 parts.
    Yeah, I agree with that, Thanks smarty_arty ^_^

Edit: Just a quick cover thingy I made, Ill put it in the first post too ^_^ I will probably make a better one sometime.

~Newten5

Last edited:
    Years
    Newten5 said:

Mine is the first one and the second one is off that site, see the difference now?

And if you're talking about the May sprite, as both I and Signomi have pointed out - Its from Pokemon Fire Red/ Leaf Green.

So Blazin Espio, now that I have unwantingly humiliated you, can we all talk about the comic now? As I haven't done anything wrong!!!

And Thanks Signomi ^_^ I will make the text bigger in future eppys. You're the one who inspires me afterall :P

~Newten5
    I'm not humillated. I made a mistake that is all

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Blazin Espio said:
    I'm not humillated. I made a mistake that is all
    Sorry, I didn't mean that I was just getting annoyed. Thanks for understanding ^_^

~Newten5

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Sorry for double posting, just wanted to say that I started making the character profiles, WOO *celebrates*
    I have only finished Ash's but some of the others have the pictures up, it's also giving away some characters we will be bumping into later....although I haven't really planned anything yet.....but they will show up eventually!

I wont have time to do the second part now so I will try to do it sometime tomorrow ^_^

~Newten5

Titanium

Alone in the Dark
    Years
    Newten5, I must say that this is really good. But the whole rocket thing is not quite right. Why dont you put the original rockets Jesse and James in.

Years
    Newten5 said:
    2. Comics are kinda like fan fictions anyway.
    ~Newten5
    com?ic
    adj.

1. Characteristic of or having to do with comedy.
    2. Of or relating to comic strips.
    3. Amusing; humorous: a comic situation involving the family's pets.

n.

1. A comedian.
    2. A person whose behavior elicits laughter.
    1. comics Comic strips.
    2. A comic book.
    3. A source of humor in art or life.

I don't see where the connection to Fan Fiction comes from, do you?

Newten5 said:
    1. I don't like speech bubbles, thats why I did it the other way.
    Text under panels is NOT the way sprite comics were meant to be, plus it has already been done to death on this board.

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Oh well, I like it so there. And what I meant by comics being similar to a fanfic is because a fanfic is a fiction of something made by a fan of it. Well technically that's what this is too.
    Signomi uses text under panels and her comics are probably the most popular on PC. And I think speech bubbles look horrible and are less organised.

UltimateSpriter said:
    Newten5, I must say that this is really good. But the whole rocket thing is not quite right. Why dont you put the original rockets Jesse and James in.
    Because I can't be nothered to do there overworld sprites XD I might involve them later. ^_^

~Newten5

Years
    one thing
    why call blue, blue with gary as gary I don't think it makes sense to have a manga character with anime characters

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Well, I'll leave it as Blue for now ^_^

~Newten5

Years
    Newten5 said:
    Oh well, I like it so there. And what I meant by comics being similar to a fanfic is because a fanfic is a fiction of something made by a fan of it. Well technically that's what this is too.
    Fiction and comics are far from the same deal, the only thing you'd be able to compare fiction to would be novels. And they differ from comics ALOT.

fic?tion
    n.

1. An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented.
    2. The act of inventing such a creation or pretense.
    2. A lie.
    1. A literary work whose content is produced by the imagination and is not necessarily based on fact.
    2. The category of literature comprising works of this kind, including novels and short stories.
    4. Law. Something untrue that is intentionally represented as true by the narrator.

Again, I don't see where you make the connection.

Newten5 said:
    Signomi uses text under panels and her comics are probably the most popular on PC. And I think speech bubbles look horrible and are less organised.
    You obviously haven't read sprite comics such as Bob and George, Kid Radd or Captain Nintendo for that matter.
    Heck there are alot of other sprite comics that I wont mention.

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Look, if you don't like it, don't look at the thread, simple.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I don't want to start a flame war, but I think you should let Newten use the text in the panels why does it matter anyway? More text can't be a bad thing, enough said. Newten, is the next part going to be up soon?

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Hopefully if people stop flaming ~_~ I'm doing it now but it might take a while. Misty will be in this one ^_^

~Newten5

Titanium

Alone in the Dark
    Years
    Newten5 said:
    Hopefully if people stop flaming ~_~ I'm doing it now but it might take a while. Misty will be in this one ^_^

~Newten5

Wow, Misty.Will she be in her kanto clothes or Hoenn clothes^_^?

Newten5

The lost soul
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Neither, heh, you will see soon enough! ^_^

~Newten5

Back