• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Dawn/Dusk

How great's the game?

• Total voters

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
    Jeff_PKLight said:
    The edges look rough and there's no shadowing on the last 2 pokemon. For the first one, the shadowing is okay but the edge is rough.

~Jeff

I'm sorry, I did say I wasn't the best artist around, so this comment was unnecessary! :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    I agree with phoenix :)
    Maybe you are not champion and master of sprite...
    but this is your sprite!
    And this is better than the best pokemon ripped and take you...

Thanks Matt ;)

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    I kinda like Seedy. But, Burnbal needs more work. Maybe adding some flames around it?
    And Eilen is Ok. Just a bit more tweaking.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    With practice, you can get better. I also think being creative will also help with spriting. Look at the two sprites in my sig, those are the first ones I EVER made and they turned out okay. Although, it did take awhile before I thought they looked fine. Even now, I think they aren't all that great.

rubyrulez

Years
    Well, I will probably ask somebody who is good at spriting to help me out. Art has never been my best ability, and those weren't hand drawn, either. If anybody can help me out, please let me know... :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Mine aren't hand drawn either, I just made it from scratch. I didn't even know you could create hand drawn sprites on a computer, how does one do that?

rubyrulez

Years
    phoenix316 said:
    Hand drawn, i assume, means from scratch with the use of the mouse. I could be wrong though.

That's actually correct, I did them on the computer with a mouse. Hopefully, I can get better at it. Anyways, I have two more names of Pokemon that were mentioned in my fanfic.

:pokeball: Burnsphere
    :pokeball: Bubbler

Hopefully, more soon!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    I know it's VERY hard to draw from scratch with a mouse. It would be MUCH easier if done with a pen mouse though. It's like a pencil. Anyways, would you like some names? Here are some:
    Fire type:
    Burnbird
    Figon (Fire + Dragon)
    Grass Type:
    Grasleef
    Foreflower

That's all what I can think of right now, you could use them if you like.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK with your game!

Years
    Peekimon said:
    I know it's VERY hard to draw from scratch with a mouse. It would be MUCH easier if done with a pen mouse though. It's like a pencil. Anyways, would you like some names? Here are some:
    Fire type:
    Burnbird
    Figon (Fire + Dragon)
    Grass Type:
    Grasleef
    Foreflower

That's all what I can think of right now, you could use them if you like.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK with your game!
    I think Fragon would sound better than Figon

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Yeah, Fragon does sound better. But did rubyrulez even ask for help with names? Did he even say that there'll be a Fire Dragon Pokemon? :confused:

rubyrulez

Years
    phoenix316 said:
    Yeah, Fragon does sound better. But did rubyrulez even ask for help with names? Did he even say that there'll be a Fire Dragon Pokemon? :confused:

Actually, although I do have a lot of names and a lot of ideas, a few extra names wouldn't hurt. I do agree that Fragon is good, but the name is very similar to Flygon, so I might need to tweak that a bit. I like that idea for a legendary, thanks! :D

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    < OFF TOPIC >
    Umm, Phoenix, I was just giving some suggestions...
    < ON TOPIC >
    Umm, how many characters could you play in this game?
    Like, will you have 2 sets of males/females?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I wasn't complaining if that was what you were thinking. I was just asking if rubyrulez wanted names since people had started giving out names.

rubyrulez

Years
    Peekimon said:
    < OFF TOPIC >
    Umm, Phoenix, I was just giving some suggestions...
    < ON TOPIC >
    Umm, how many characters could you play in this game?
    Like, will you have 2 sets of males/females?

Yes, and thank you for your suggestions. As I said, I do like the idea of a Fire/Dragon type for a legendary, just wanted to change the -gon at the end of his name to somethiong else. As for the characters, the hero/rival system will be the same as R/S, but the Hero and Rival live in different towns. This si the first game where you live in a town where the lab and your rival isn't...

Back