• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Dawn/Dusk

How great's the game?

• Total voters

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
  • Well, I actually just came up with a ton of names! Here they are, well most of em!

:pokeball: Leaflet
    :pokeball: Treelet
    :pokeball: Palmlet (Maybe I released this one)
    :pokeball: Puppin (Puppy Pokemon)
    :pokeball: Doggin (Dog Pokemon)
    :pokeball: The Starter Baby Set (9 Pokemon)
    :pokeball: Tadby (Tadpole Pokemon)
    :pokeball: Frogby (Frog Pokemon)
    :pokeball: Toadpy (Toad Pokemon)
    :pokeball: Flamescale, Leafscale, Sparkscale (3 legendary Gators)

More to come!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    No offense rubyrulez, but the names don't sound very Pokemonish. It just seems like you stuck an ending on a word for each and every one of them. Maybe you should put more thought into what you put down instead of writing down the first thing that pops into your mind. For example, instead of stating the obvious(puppy), put down Pawpin or Pawpy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I think you're missing the Vehicles Charset. If I'm not mistaken, that comes in the RTP package. I see that you've opened up the game in RM2K3, LOL.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2005
    PKMN_Sage said:
    No offense rubyrulez, but the names don't sound very Pokemonish. It just seems like you stuck an ending on a word for each and every one of them. Maybe you should put more thought into what you put down instead of writing down the first thing that pops into your mind. For example, instead of stating the obvious(puppy), put down Pawpin or Pawpy.

if you ask me, i think the names are cool! they should stay the way they are

rubyrulez

Years
  • Hmmm, you say it doesn't want to open the maps? The purpose of the beta was that you could start the hero anywhere so that you can explore the maps. What maps don't want to open?

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
  • rubyrulez said:
    I'm sorry, I did say I wasn't the best artist around, so this comment was unnecessary! :\

Um... actually I thought you'd like some feedback to make your pokemon better...

rubyrulez

Years
  • Jeff_PKLight said:
    Um... actually I thought you'd like some feedback to make your pokemon better...

Thanks, I really appreciate your feedback. Anyways I am currently writing this from school so I can't provide any screens or anything. I can tell you, however, that I may redo some of the route maps, so watch for screens of those!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2005
    rubyrulez said:
    Thanks, I really appreciate your feedback. Anyways I am currently writing this from school so I can't provide any screens or anything. I can tell you, however, that I may redo some of the route maps, so watch for screens of those!

well, i definately can't wait to see those screens! looking forward to seeing them!

rubyrulez

Years
  • Hey everybody. Just wanted to let you know that Dawn/Dusk isn't dead. Things have gotten a lot busier, with school and work and all, but I try to get in some Dawn/Dusk time when I can. Anyways, just wanted to announce that the next demo may be released on irc, due to it being a larger size. Details to follow... I will leave you with these two screens! :D

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Hey rubyrulez! Yeah life can get busy, but it's nice to see that your still working on it. Anyway nice screens! In the second screen maybe you could change the water corners (the corners that are green) to the same colour as the tiles but it's up to you. Whats the filesize? To bad I'll probably not end up playing it (dial-up is way slow) due to the larger file sorry man. Best of luck!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • It's unfortunate that the filesize is so big because that will really limit the amount of people that get to play the game. Is there no way you can cut it down, like removing maps that have no events or impact on how the demo plays. Or removing music files?

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
  • Do you have images that are not compressed? If it's music have them as an add-on so it can be an option but It's really up to you how you do things if you want more people to play see what you can do to reduce the size. Anyway I would like to play this so I hope I can.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Well, any eventless maps you saw in the Beta will have events by the next Demo. I will make attempts to eliminate unnecessary pics and music, but I hope to include Pokemon cries as well. Hopefully, I can get the size down enough...

Back