• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Dawn/Dusk

How great's the game?

• Total voters

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
  • No worries! I'll take care of the room problem. Another reason I didn't release the demo yet is because it has a bug. If you select the girl, your rival will still be the girl. Which I have now fixed! So now I can release the true first demo! Anyway, here are 5 new screens!

EDIT: The demo is now out! Download it NOW!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Hey rubyrulez, this is the perfect chance for you to post your demo link in the Finished Games and Demo Archive thread I started earlier. You would be the first. :)

rubyrulez

Years
  • PKMN_Sage said:
    Hey rubyrulez, this is the perfect chance for you to post your demo link in the Finished Games and Demo Archive thread I started earlier. You would be the first. :)

Great! I just posted there and I hope it brings my game such success. Anyway, Here are 5 more screens! (keep in mind that the screen of your house is before I made it shorter, plus I am still looking for ways to use up space in each house!)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I've downloaded your game and I'll start evaluating it right away!

--EDIT--
    1. CBS=Custom Battle System
    2. Except for the empty rooms, maps were great!
    3. Like the use of Fade In & Fade Out
    4. keep it up!

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I just changed the system file with another file.
    You have to change the Vehicle, Skiff and Airship
    as well. It doesn't have anything to do with the gameplay
    though.

rubyrulez

Years
  • phoenix316 said:
    missing file SystemB so I couldn't play it

SystemB should come with the normal RTP. If that still becomes an issue, I will change the system file to the pokemon system. Anyway, here are 5 more screens!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • I played the demo (after fixing systemb) and I was pleasantly surprised, I must say. This game has much more story to it than the other brief demos around here, and was also much longer. I also love the hero sprite. Very cool. Did you draw that yourself?

The rest was just pretty good. Above average, judging by other games I've played. The best things going for you here are the demo length and % of completion. stuff like details (CMS, etc) should become the new focus.

BTW, CBS stands for Custom Battle System, not Central Battle System ;)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Replace the system file with another system file.
    You have to replace the skiff, vehicle and aircraft as well.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Ok, instead of that system file, I will change it to something else and rerelease the demo for the people that had trouble. Anyway, here are 5 more screens!

rubyrulez

Years
  • Ok, sorry for the double post, but I absolutely had to reveal this! In the next demo, there will be a hidden warp that will take you here! Guess where this is!

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, after I download the demo, I'll just search for it
    using RM2K3! Just need to search for a teleport event
    with a transparent graphic!

Years
  • Yeah but that's cheating daegon.. You're supposed to earn the secret by finishing the game or something..
    Oh and that town, it's the starting town from R/S

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • yep that's Littleroot Town with fr/lg graphics. You can stop people from opening the game by corrupting the map tree data. Don't know how to do it it just happens at random times for me.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Krazy_Meerkat said:
    Yeah but that's cheating daegon.. You're supposed to earn the secret by finishing the game or something..
    Oh and that town, it's the starting town from R/S

Actually, you activate the secret by stepping on a hidden tile in one of the new towns. That will be gone by the time the full game comes out, or the demo goes on to Hoenn. If you wanted to find it without cheating, you'd play the game and not open it up in RM2K3 to find it.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I guess I shouldn't cheat then. I'll find it like how it's intended to
    be found.

rubyrulez

Years
  • Aha, I have some more screens for you. By the way it is almost time for a demo upgrade so keep your eyes open for that!

Back