• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POK?MON Hidden Depths

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    What do you mean you couldn't play it? There were instructions on how to play it on the demo page.

Years
    Hey I played your demo:D Great progress has been made:D I really like the battle system:D I had no problems with it I did notice some irritating bugs though with rebuilding Grungewater Town. What happens is that after I've done something like cutting down trees or cleaning the water with the hose I can't move hardly or anymore I think it's caused by the events you laid around the map

Overall it's cool:D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Just played the demo. I liked it. Your battle system was nice. A few bugs in terms of not erasing pics (like when I press the cancel key, some attack names will still be left) - but was pretty well done.
    The rebuilding the town idea is a really neat (get it, neat.... ah I'll shut up) idea. I'm surprised noone else taught about it. I went crazy, cutting down every tree I could. The player could make up an entire mini game in his/her head, so it adds alot of replay value. Seriously, good job with that.

Eh... Already pointed out, movement issues here and there, which can be fixed.

Overall: It's nice to see other coders using RM2k3. Sprites are well done (good job claire- you did (most/all of)them right? ). Iron out your bugs and you've got a winner with this one. Well done Dawson.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    What I mean by not able to play it was: I didn't care enough to take an extra five minutes to figure it out because I'm busy. Since it only has two maps, I'm not going to go download WinRAR when I hate WinRAR anyway...

Years
    Hey Dawson, Let me be honest because we are friends..
    It was terrible. There were bugs and errors everywhere.. It felt like I was playing a game made by a complete noob to rm2k3.. I expected a little more after what, 1 and 1/2 years of work?
    1. I couldnt walk into any buildings
    2. The menu was obviously not included because I saw an rm2k3 standard one
    3. The map, though well designed was not very good. There were too many un-inhabited places, basically just different patterns of trees.
    4. The graphics were good but graphics do not make up a game
    5. The battle system looked like it had been spliced together from my old one but edited somewhat to include animations. (It had all the telltale signs of my battle, not just the gfx but even the old errors)
    6. I don't know what anyone else was playing but I couldn't cut down any trees and I only found a single npc.
    7. Not all of the battles had sound and my own attacks were hurting me occasionally.
    8. The textbox system was just the standard rtp one.. A little dull...

I don't really think the demo which I played had any real work put into it
    I appologise if there was some kind of error on my end, but that demo was not what I'd expect from you at all..

No real offence was meant, I was just stressing how rtp the game was.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    It was only a tech demo, hence there being no buildings that could be entered, npcs, menu etc.
    He has created basically all the maps for the game, but only wanted to show the two most original areas. The Grungewater Town, as i say, took over 500 switches just to create (it took a long old time) so it was the main part of the demo. I take it you didn't read the instructions on the demo page which explained in detail how to use the tools such as the Axe and Hose..that's a pity really.
    He's been working on the Pokedex and menu since, but just wanted to get out a small tech demo for now showing Grungewater.
    Both areas are uninhabited because that's the point really -Grungewater is a deserted town you rebuild and then sell on to people once complete, and Fossil Island is a prehistoric land you can explore.

For the past couple of weeks he's worked really hard, and as i've said Grungewater took a lot (and i mean a lot) of work to complete. It's a shame that you didn't read the instructions and play Grungewater as it should have been played.

Bugs, I understand since even he knows there were some ones he didn't work out, but it's harsh to attack on the basis of there 'not being much to show' considering you didn't play the demo to it's full capabilities, and considering that he's completed all the maps and a lot of coding etc. but only wanted to show Grungewater for now for the sake of originality.

Years
    I didn't mean any offence at all, Dawson is my friend.. I was giving my opinions on the demo.. Didn't he ask for them? I took a quick read of the demo but didnt really see anything significant so I just played it, I was in a hurry. I appologise if I was too "harsh" but I was just telling you what I thought about the game I played.
    I played the tech demo again and tried the axe, it was quite fun. I still encountered some little bugs but other than that, it was great.
    Once again, I appologise if your feelings were hurt or you felt that dawson's would be.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    Ok... I playe throught the demo and it was great! Some little bugs here and there like:

1. When using the hose(for anything, but that I mean the dirty trees and water) the game freezes or gives some error.
    2. There is a tree that make you inmoveable when you cut it(this happens with only one tree)
    3. When a house is built the "maker" is still there, but you can move underneath him.
    4. When you build a couple of houses the place where wood is stored disapears.
    5. When building more houses at once you can "store" more wood.

MAybe there were more, but I can't remember them now.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
    Hey Dawson, glad to see you back in Game Making action. I'll try out your demo a bit later, good luck with this.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Great game Dawson. I could tell that you used KM's CBS, and added in the attack types. XD My computer doesn't support Grungewater for some odd reason, so I was only able to try out Fossil Island. The CBS worked great, and I had a nice time trying it out. Dawson, I was also wondering if I could use the attack type graphics in the game.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    AWSOME! This is a great game. Your mapping and spriting is unmatched. I cannot wait for the full version!

Years
    :embarrass I wish I had paid more attention before playing.. It was very awesome, although I thought you had started using rmxp. Can't wait until more :D

Back