• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Kitty'll eat you :o
Years
  • Thanks for the comment! ^^

I tried changing it like that, but it didn't work :x

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • Yes, it does look exactly like Fr/Lg. I like that, they are great games. However, It seems like the storyline would be a bit complicated. Imagine 10 players in line at the exit of Pallet Town, with 10 Prof. Oaks coming to stop them! It makes me wonder how someone would get their starter Pokemon. I suppose you could just pick when you register, but where's the fun in that? Also, how are you supposed to get legendary Pokemon? In official Pokemon games, there is only one of each. Wouldn't it be tough to get them into the game?

Robbie

Years
  • ArmchairRomeo said:
    Yes, it does look exactly like Fr/Lg. I like that, they are great games. However, It seems like the storyline would be a bit complicated. Imagine 10 players in line at the exit of Pallet Town, with 10 Prof. Oaks coming to stop them! It makes me wonder how someone would get their starter Pokemon. I suppose you could just pick when you register, but where's the fun in that? Also, how are you supposed to get legendary Pokemon? In official Pokemon games, there is only one of each. Wouldn't it be tough to get them into the game?

You bring up some good points, each of which I have already considered, however.

Players won't be forced to become Pok?mon trainers. They'll be able to choose from a selection of roles such as trainer, breeder or just an adventurer. Pok?mon won't be given out from someone such as Professor Oak - instead players will get them from various 'adoption agencies' around the world.

Concerning legendary Pok?mon - if I even decide to put them in the game, they'll only be one of each of them. Whoever catches one first gets to keep it, unless they trade it.

Years
  • This game looks awesome robbie! :)
    looks like you really have everything together.
    quick question tho, say if your playing the game, and another player walks up to you, would you be able to challenge them to a battle? what if you do not wish to battle, can you turn them down? because the last thing you want is like 10 players challenging you in a row when all but one of your pokemon are fainted.
    also, what if a player is just starting out at the first city, and another player with level 70 pokemon who is also there, challenges the new player? wil there be any way of distinguishing an expericenced player with a novice?
    sorry if i bombarded you with questions ^^; lol
    ttyl- brush

Robbie

Years
  • Brushfire0605 said:
    This game looks awesome robbie! :)
    looks like you really have everything together.
    quick question tho, say if your playing the game, and another player walks up to you, would you be able to challenge them to a battle? what if you do not wish to battle, can you turn them down? because the last thing you want is like 10 players challenging you in a row when all but one of your pokemon are fainted.
    also, what if a player is just starting out at the first city, and another player with level 70 pokemon who is also there, challenges the new player? wil there be any way of distinguishing an expericenced player with a novice?
    sorry if i bombarded you with questions ^^; lol
    ttyl- brush

Thanks for the comments :)

quick question tho, say if your playing the game, and another player walks up to you, would you be able to challenge them to a battle?

Yes.

what if you do not wish to battle, can you turn them down? because the last thing you want is like 10 players challenging you in a row when all but one of your pokemon are fainted.

Yes, of course.

You'll be able to view the Pok?mon a player has via their profile.

Sonnos

Insane and Confused
    Years
  • This game looks freaking sweat man, please tell me the site that everyone was mentioning. :D

Years
  • If you want events and such to happen, like oak walking up to you and giving you a pokemon, you could just have it client-side.. It would just look like you were standing still to other players and if they try to battle you, it could just say "This player is busy at the moment" or something.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Hi When you say you can see the players profile to distinguish who is experienced or not. what information would be shown?

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • Well, if I were making it, I would only show the trainer's highest level pokemon's level and the # of battles he/she has won and lost. But I wouldn't know, I'm not making the game.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Yay! This game looks like a new big hit! I would love to help, but all i know is HTML XD I'll join when it's all ready!

Also, will there be a way to seperate the newbies from the experienced? that might be a problem. :\

Robbie

Years
  • BlackWolf said:
    Hi When you say you can see the players profile to distinguish who is experienced or not. what information would be shown?

I'm not fully decided on this yet. I may allow people to see information about all of someone's Pok?mon, or I may just create a system where the game determines if you're good enough to battle the other and advises you. Either way, battles won't be included for a while, so I'm not too worried about this at the moment. Plenty of time to get it right.

Birdman said:
    This game looks extremely promising. Nice graphics. It's got to be hard making it with MMF. Well, good luck.

Thanks! It's not too hard making it with MMF. It's a lot more fun really. I find the RPG Maker series to be too limiting for things I like to make.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • I don't think allowing people to view other people's pokemon is a very good idea. A player could go from person to person, looking at other people's pokemon and coming up with strategies before the battle even starts. IMO, I think that's unfair.

Robbie

Years
  • Sonnos said:
    How would gyms work in this game? :confused:

The same as in the GBA games. I doubt there will be a limit to how many people can battle a gym leader at the same time. I may also create a "Player League" whereby experience players can create their own gyms.

manga-ka

凸 shut up.......&#20984
    Years
  • this game looks promising and it would be a good Idea to have a players leuge where players can become gymleader if they beat a certain number of trainers.
    also how many gymleaders will there be?
    will you include ruby and sapphire trainer sprite?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back