• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokebeach Video exclusives-Intro and Route 37.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
  • That was pretty cool to see. It made me wonder where the guy was but it was cool to see overall. I love the battle scenes and wish the guy could have recorded HeartGold's opening. Still I guess I can wait.

Still my favorite part of the videos was when the lady told the guy that he couldn't record the gameplay. haha

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    this is so flipping awesome
    I love how pikachu's back sprite just turns around and looks at you.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • Lugia looked godly. I was a little disappointed that the intro was changed (hopefully not permanent, though mostly staying),but this one is cool too. The remixed music is so totally wicked!

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • http://pokebeach.com/2009/07/soulsilve-demo-videos-intro-gameplay
    Intro-
    Lugia! I love how it flies in.
    Main Characters. Man that was cute.
    Goldenrod looks big but is small? Hmm. But hey entrance arch!
    And Ecruteak wow it looks small as well. Again Hmmm.
    SILVER! He is always looking evilly evil.
    The dogs. OOO the dogs. Suicune definetely going to get some focus.
    Rocket's New Admins?
    Boy and Girl. Face shots are awesome.
    Route 37-
    Chiko is so cute!
    I couldn't recognize it at all. Very good gamefreak very good. It seems like there is a new patch of grass as well.
    Battle Music. Oh dear lord thank the lord they did such a great job.
    WHAT. THE. HELL. From Level 16 chansey and jigglypuff they gave em level 15 Marill and Mareep. GAH!
    The bottom screen though is new as well. I love the new style of smooth circle boxes.
    AH DUNSPARCE! But one level lower. God damn you Gamefreak god damn you.
    The cities are small because thats how they were in the originals

The trainers in the original are like this:
    Twins:
    lvl 16 Jigglypuff Female
    lvl 16 clefairy female
    Psychic:
    lvl 17 drowsee male

The trainers in the DEMO are like this:
    Twins:
    Lvl 15 Mareep Female
    Lvl 15 Marill Female
    Psychic:
    Lvl 16 Dunsparce male

Keep in mind, the twins make sense but the psychic does not, therefore the levels will go up and with different pokemon

Last edited:

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I love the new battle interface on the touch screen. Looks sleek, as a matter of fact, everything is shaping up to be more organized looking and well planned!

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • AHHH! I COULD BARLEY HEAR THE FIRST VIDEO!! JUST SHUT UP PEOPLE
    The opening was AMAZING!!!!!
    They also kept the psychic sprite from D/P/PT! YAY!!
    The Battle Music ROCKED!!!
    THIS IS ONE HELL OF A REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I Forgot why does a psychic have a Dunsparce? Oh well makes the game more challanging

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I want these games. Seriously.

That intro was epic. I think it was much better than the old Gold/Silver intro. The Gold/Silver one was all right, but it focused more on Gen I Pokemon than anything... what does Charizard have to do with the Johto generation?

This intro... I love everything about it. The screenshots of various parts of Johto make me think of the D/P/Pl intros. I love when the main characters appear in front of New Bark Town (I'm assuming that's New Bark... looks very farm-like). It makes it look like they're both setting off for adventure.
    Silver. What more can I say about him. He is awesome on so many levels.
    The introduction of the legendary dogs, Eusine and the Unown make me think of Pokemon Crystal's intro. Hopefully the Unown will have a bigger role in this game... and maybe they can somehow tie in their role with that of the legendary dogs.
    Looks like we're getting some new Rocket Executives. Their new uniforms make me think of Team Galactic for some reason.
    As always, the player characters look great. I like how they made Gold appear on a silver background and Soul appear on a gold one. (Maybe the colors will be reversed in the HeartGold version... though I doubt it...) The starters appearing... very much like the D/P/Pl intros, but it makes sense, since these games are part of the 4th generation. Also, this is sort of like what happened in the original Gold/Silver intros (though I have no idea why there was a Charizard there while the starters were appearing).
    And, of course, Lugia looks epic.

Is it just me, or is that Psychic's sprite the same as in D/P/Pl? *looks it up on Spriters Resource* Yep, it's the same guy all right. Eh, it doesn't really matter... the new sprites for the Twins look really good.

The battle interface... amazing. It works the same as D/P/Pl, but looks so much more awesome. The first time I battled a trainer in Platinum, the first thing I noticed was how much better the battle interface looked as compared to D/P. I never thought anything could look better than Platinum's... until I saw this game.

I really can't wait until these games come out... seriously.
    I'd also like to note that this seems to be a beta demo, the Psychic's sprite is probably going to change.

You can tell it's a beta since the new scans show that the pokeball logo was re-added to gold's backsprite, while this demo doesn't have the pokeball logo.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    /breath
    /breath
    /breath

AHHHHHHHHH <3
    The intro was love~ Its all too amazingly awesome D8
    and new sprites; I see them

I want this game so bad, I can almost taste it D8 /kinda creepy

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I want eye candy and i got it, lovely Gamefreak and you've pleased me for another Pokemon game release.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • After seeing this video I now really am ready to get that game. The best part of it was the music of course.

oske

>:D
    Years
  • Before this I was questioning if I should I still pre-order/import it from Japan, this video made me want to! :D

*goes on Play Asia*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • http://pokebeach.com/2009/07/soulsilve-demo-videos-intro-gameplay
    Intro-
    Lugia! I love how it flies in.
    Main Characters. Man that was cute.
    Goldenrod looks big but is small? Hmm. But hey entrance arch!
    And Ecruteak wow it looks small as well. Again Hmmm.
    SILVER! He is always looking evilly evil.
    The dogs. OOO the dogs. Suicune definetely going to get some focus.
    Rocket's New Admins?
    Boy and Girl. Face shots are awesome.
    Route 37-
    Chiko is so cute!
    I couldn't recognize it at all. Very good gamefreak very good. It seems like there is a new patch of grass as well.
    Battle Music. Oh dear lord thank the lord they did such a great job.
    WHAT. THE. HELL. From Level 16 chansey and jigglypuff they gave em level 15 Marill and Mareep. GAH!
    The bottom screen though is new as well. I love the new style of smooth circle boxes.
    AH DUNSPARCE! But one level lower. God damn you Gamefreak god damn you.

All I can say Todoroki is that you rock for posting this video, it looks awesome

:t354:TG

Years
  • Soul Silver's intro looks so incredible. I might even get Soul Silver first. :D It just looks so beautiful. I love the 3d Lugia. It's beautiful. The Ho-oh intro has a sunset behind Ho-oh as it flies towards you, Lugia's background appears like it is around nighttime. I love the new twin's sprite. It's the best one I've seen. Route 37 looks much better. Happy to see that the Red Apricorn is back. :)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I've decided just now, that by the time I reach Kanto, i'll take a Pikachu around there for the nostalgia of Yellow/the time I watched the Anime (mostly in Kanto-Johto).

God, that was so awesome. The intro looks amazing (did I miss that Charizard? I wasn't really focused when I watched it. But well, who cares, i'll catch one anyways XD), and about the route 37 thing - ZOMG CHIKORITA MI AMOR <3333, I love the way the Pokemon following you is coming out in a battle, I love the way it all looks like, it's overall amazing and superior to any other game, IMO.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • This has confirmed my decision to get SoulSilver first. GAH! Can't wait. I am going to use my starter (cydaquil) and my Pidgeot, but apart from that I will use 4 new Pokemon when I get to the Kanto region.

Back