• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PokeMart

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I doubt it. Although the originals brought us Mart music for once, I don't foresee it returning. The change was made for the better and I think they'll keep it. If not, I don't really mind because I sometimes still walk out of the PC and forget the shop is there haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yeah, not gonna lie I'm gonna miss the PokéMart music. :( I still remember hearing it for the first time in Ruby and just being completely overwhelmed haha

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • The combination of Poke Marts with Pokemon Centers is very convenient (with the combined building being a hub for "all things Pokemon" as mentioned earlier).. Although Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire doubly introduced unique and iconic Poke Mart designs and unique Poke Mart music that even went as far to become used in Generations 4 and 5 (as far as I know), I would rather have the Poke Marts depreciated and moved inside the Pokemon Centers.

As for the music, I imagine that it'll play triumphantly in Lilycove Department Store. If clothing stores take the place of the areas of Hoenn's Poke Marts, they could make could good use of the Poke Mart music since they primarily serve as places for the player to go shopping!

Does anyone know what music the various clothing stores of Kalos used? Since fewer Hoenn locations may use the Poke Mart music, the Pretty Petal Flower Shop (near south of Rustboro City) and the Lavaridge Town Herb Shop, both of which re-used standard town/city music if I recall correctly, could put the Hoenn Poke Mart theme to better use! Similarly, that treehouse in Fortree City that sells the player some Secret Base decorations (like Desks and Chairs) could also use the Hoenn Poke Mart music.

*I always imagined that even if the Poke Marts were moved inside Pokemon Centers, there would be certain tiles (maybe blue-colored, to represent the Poke Mart color) you could step on (or maybe the Mart sellers would be secluded in a mini-room/hallway behind a translucent pretty glass panel or something) that would switch to the Poke Mart music for the time that you're on those specific tiles (like how music changes when moving between different buildings/Routes/cities and towns)..

I honestly hope to see those lil' blue devils everywhere, again. I mean, Ruby and Sapphire WERE the games that gave the PokeMarts a specific look to them. I love the mart being inside of the Center, don't get me wrong, but I've always liked the thought of them being separate places, and I miss all the people inside of the PokeMarts who would tell you useless hints and tips lol

Maybe all of those "tips" people could be moved inside the Pokemon Center? Although that would be a lot of people within one building.. XD

I doubt it. Although the originals brought us Mart music for once, I don't foresee it returning. The change was made for the better and I think they'll keep it. If not, I don't really mind because I sometimes still walk out of the PC and forget the shop is there haha.

{XD} I think I'll being doing this at some point since I'm so used to Generation 3 Poke Mart layouts. XD

--

Oldale Town is going to be really awkward now.. I'm guessing a clothing store or random NPC house will replace the Oldale Poke Mart, but the "follow me" lady will have to mosey on over to the Pokemon Center now (which seems even closer XD).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I like them together. It is a lot easier to go to one place then having to run to two places when you have to go to each quite frequently.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2022
    I'd like PokeMarts to be kept separate, for convenience's sake. If we're keeping customization, the areas where they used be could be replaced with either normal houses or Boutiques, depending on the town.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • I'd prefer to see the separate PokéMart return. It would certainly be sentimental to see those blue buildings again after the past couple of games without them. If the two are combined, however, I wouldn't mind at all.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As much as I love the PokéMart music, I can't see them returning. I can imagine their building space being replaced with a wide variety of things though, including clothing stores, mini battle facilities (if the Contest halls were to remain in their RS locations), NPC houses, and maybe even small specialty stores.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't want them to come back because it's so much more convenient to have healing and shops all in one place. I'm also really curious to see what they'd do with the empty real estate if they combined them. I'd love to see boutiques instead: I'm crossing my fingers that they don't take out trainer customization... or at least that they don't take out outfit customization.
    Yeah, not gonna lie I'm gonna miss the PokéMart music. :( I still remember hearing it for the first time in Ruby and just being completely overwhelmed haha
    Yeah but everything overwhelmed you in Gen III, it seems. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's nice to have both Pokémon Center and Mart all in one place, but they're completely separate, though, in some way, so it'd make more sense to have them appear as such. However, it would be really awesome if building design of these places were different in each town and city, because, well, in real life, that's how things are; we have bunch of McDonald's where we are, but none look exactly alike. If they want these games to be more realistic, they'd have to take an additional step and actually try travelling towards this route. :P

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It's nice to have both Pokémon Center and Mart all in one place, but they're completely separate, though, in some way, so it'd make more sense to have them appear as such. However, it would be really awesome if building design of these places were different in each town and city, because, well, in real life, that's how things are; we have bunch of McDonald's where we are, but none look exactly alike. If they want these games to be more realistic, they'd have to take an additional step and actually try travelling towards this route. :P
    Agreed. Even in the anime, contest halls and Pokemon Centers were always stylized differently, at least in Hoenn when it comes to the former. It'd be interesting to apply that to marts and such similarly to how gyms in Unova were given that same type of unique makeover.

Years
  • I think they'll merge the two as they did in the latest two pokemon generations. However, it would be a nice feature to alter the Pokemon Center's design for each area in Hoenn. In that case, they might make every single house in every area slightly different from one another to create a more realistic feel to the buildings of ORAS.

Years
  • I have a feeling they'd merge the two and not keep them separate, even if that's how it was in RSE. As others have mentioned, it wouldn't be too odd if PokeMarts were absent because of the 3D and revamps of the towns/cities, or were replaced by clothing stores (which seems likelier).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • PokéMarts Return?

So from one of the images taken from the Nintendo Direct, I've noticed what apears to be the edge of a city which you can clearly see the Blue Roof of the Pokémart. In another image there was an image of a small looking Pokémon Centre which may indicate that Pokemarts are once again stand alone shops. How do you feel about this?

PokeMart

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I don't mind either way. They can put something else in the back of the Pokémon Center. And keep in mind it's only the "foreign" ones (to Japan-based regions) that were not separate.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • It's hard to tell what that is really. Though I think they might separate them just for the sake of these games given they weren't merged in the originals. Don't get your hope up of the Poke Mart and Pokemon Center being separate in future games however.

Back