• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PokeMart

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • Where did you get the confirm? Japanese site?

beautifly2.jpg

It was secretly confirmed :) Not still sure if it is still the PokeMarts but it seems like it. Also the blue roof buildings are kinda obvious on the new Hoenn Map.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm looking at the shape of the Pokémon Center in the one screen, however, and the fact that we need clothing stores and such. Nintendo is going to stay tight-lipped on this if there's a change. So I think something will be different. Hoenn is supposed to have gone through time since the original games, so the buildings may go through changes as well. The merged setup may remain for supplies and the blue buildings be given a new purpose, like clothing stores. Think about it: the blue would identify them! A couple can be recoloured into high-end shops, too!

Years
  • The blue roof building could be something eelse. But I don't think Clothing will return. New Pokemon contest maybe? Tho I doubt it.

I think they are Pokemarts. I think it makes alot of sense because after all they are remakes.
    Now, yes things have been upgraded but I think it will fell more like Hoennn with the Pokemarts separate.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The blue roof building could be something eelse. But I don't think Clothing will return. New Pokemon contest maybe? Tho I doubt it.

I think they are Pokemarts. I think it makes alot of sense because after all they are remakes.
    Now, yes things have been upgraded but I think it will fell more like Hoennn with the Pokemarts separate.
    And that is why I think the Pokémarts will be separated here. Remakes. Why recode for new stuff? Though it makes more sense to add the new stuff and keep the merged layout, no Japan-based region has ever done that.

Years
  • And that is why I think the Pokémarts will be separated here. Remakes. Why recode for new stuff? Though it makes more sense to add the new stuff and keep the merged layout, no Japan-based region has ever done that.

Having separate Pokemarts adds more (this is gonna be a spell fail) Noglista...which is what they want

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • I seriously doubt they'd choose to make a different building blue, of all colors. Do you have any idea how confusing that would be to returning fans? Think about it, it just doesn't make sense logically.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • And that is why I think the Pokémarts will be separated here. Remakes. Why recode for new stuff? Though it makes more sense to add the new stuff and keep the merged layout, no Japan-based region has ever done that.

Recode for new stuff? Separate Poke Marts would be recoding, because this game runs on the X/Y engine, in which Pokemarts are part of Centers.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Recode for new stuff? Separate Poke Marts would be recoding, because this game runs on the X/Y engine, in which Pokemarts are part of Centers.
    And that is why I hope the Mart remains in the PC, and something else occupies those buildings.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • And that is why I hope the Mart remains in the PC, and something else occupies those buildings.

But if that were the case, why blue of all colors? Why purposefully confuse returning fans, especially in a remake? And then put them EXACTLY where the Pokemarts used to be? You're free to think what you want, but my advice is to let go of the idea those are something else and accept the facts.

Salzorrah

Years
  • But if that were the case, why blue of all colors? Why purposefully confuse returning fans, especially in a remake? And then put them EXACTLY where the Pokemarts used to be? You're free to think what you want, but my advice is to let go of the idea those are something else and accept the facts.

Maybe because red and blue has been significant in the Pokemon World, having RB, RS, XY, ORAS being colored that way, for nostalgic purposes, there are pretty much a lot of reasons on why GF made them. Even though it is kinda obvious those will be Pokemarts, lets have a possibility of a doubt here.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    But if that were the case, why blue of all colors? Why purposefully confuse returning fans, especially in a remake? And then put them EXACTLY where the Pokemarts used to be? You're free to think what you want, but my advice is to let go of the idea those are something else and accept the facts.
    Let me clear up something here.

I said these are going to be PokéMarts. Look back earlier in this thread.

It doesn't mean I don't have the right to hope something else.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • Let me clear up something here.

I said these are going to be PokéMarts. Look back earlier in this thread.

It doesn't mean I don't have the right to hope something else.

I wasn't aware I was taking any rights of yours away. I'm just saying the chances of it happening are so unbelievably low that the only reason they could be anything else is because it's yet to have been explicitly confirmed yet. I never told you believe what I believe because you have to. Matter of fact I said you're free to think what you want.

Maybe because red and blue has been significant in the Pokemon World, having RB, RS, XY, ORAS being colored that way, for nostalgic purposes, there are pretty much a lot of reasons on why GF made them. Even though it is kinda obvious those will be Pokemarts, lets have a possibility of a doubt here.

Go look at the new Hoenn map art. Those blue buildings are also in the EXACT locations of the Pokemarts in RSE, why? why would that be anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I can't really decide. I'd like to have them back, just so the towns don't change too drastically, and we get to hear that awesome Poké Mart theme again. On the other hand, the areas where Poké Marts were originally could house new buildings, such as houses or even clothing shops.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Go look at the new Hoenn map art. Those blue buildings are also in the EXACT locations of the Pokemarts in RSE, why? why would that be anything else?

I said the possibility of a doubt on my post. I know the blue buildings in the Hoenn map. Maybe they seem to be Pokemarts but was placed the just for nostalgic purposes. We don't know unless GF confirms it.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Personally, I want it back, because they are remakes, but i don't see it coming. Once Nintendo does something, there is no turning back. Merging PokeMart and PokeCenter never was a bad idea anyway.

Years
  • Personally, I want it back, because they are remakes, but i don't see it coming. Once Nintendo does something, there is no turning back. Merging PokeMart and PokeCenter never was a bad idea anyway.

Actually, it's already confirmed that they will be returning separate from PokeCenters. You can tell from this screenshot, as well as this one. In the former, you can see a piece of the Mart to the left of the image. In the latter, you can see most of the Mart towards the bottom right hand corner of the screenshot, however there are some trees in the way. Also in the second image, you can see the PokeCenter to the left, further confirming that they're no longer one entity.

Years
  • ^I didn't notice that 'til you pointed it out; silly me for not realizing earlier XD Part of me wants to say it's possible they're something else, but it's highly doubtful. Was sort of hoping they'd combine them and replace the Marts with other shops or buildings, but eh, I'm not too upset about them being split.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Actually, it's already confirmed that they will be returning separate from PokeCenters. You can tell from this screenshot, as well as this one. In the former, you can see a piece of the Mart to the left of the image. In the latter, you can see most of the Mart towards the bottom right hand corner of the screenshot, however there are some trees in the way. Also in the second image, you can see the PokeCenter to the left, further confirming that they're no longer one entity.

Practically confirmed, who knows GF could throw us a curve ball at us and make them something else. However I think they are the Pokemarts. Who knows if they'll include anything else in them though.

Years
  • ^I didn't notice that 'til you pointed it out; silly me for not realizing earlier XD Part of me wants to say it's possible they're something else, but it's highly doubtful. Was sort of hoping they'd combine them and replace the Marts with other shops or buildings, but eh, I'm not too upset about them being split.

There is a small chance it's something else, but it's small haha. Personally, I preferred having the PokeCenter and Mart in the same building, so I'm definitely holding on to the possibility that it's a new shop maybe for customization. However, it doesn't make that big of a difference either way - just a few extra seconds to travel from Center to Mart, usually. :c

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There is a small chance it's something else, but it's small haha. Personally, I preferred having the PokeCenter and Mart in the same building, so I'm definitely holding on to the possibility that it's a new shop maybe for customization. However, it doesn't make that big of a difference either way - just a few extra seconds to travel from Center to Mart, usually. :c

Well I think that they may also add more things to the marts to make them special/ justify the split. It's possible that they may have fused the marts and boutiques together ;)

Back