• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon... a fading fad?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    well don't worry, if pokemon is dieing and you still like it, and other do too it doesn't matter, no matter in the future all long pokemon has been dead, there will almost be someone playing there sapphire.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Well to let every one that said Pokemon was a fad in the US. Why did Ruby and Sapphier sell over a Million games in 15 days on the GBA? And Pinball make it the the top of the list when it came out? Why is Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (Pinball is still selling games but it didnt come out the same time as R/S so thats why its not there) still selling games in the US? Why is Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Pinball still on the top 5 GBA game list (only beated out by two newer games)? Pokemon has never been a fad here just like it has not been a fad in Japan. Pokemon may not be as strong as it was before but it is not dead, if it was then Nintendo would not have picked up the Pokemon TCG and thay would stop making Pokemon games and other stuff. So to every one that thinks Pokemon was a fad here or is dead here then there you go, it was never a fad and is not dead.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Zapchu, 100marios, you guys won't be the last two Poke fans standing. :classic: Together, we'll be the last three standing.

Ultimathunder

Ichiban Pok?mon Master
    Years
    • Age 39
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    Everyone here will keep cheering for pokemon for a VERY long time right people? ^_^

Cause I know I would!

Tweak

i was at this card shop and this lady was buying pokemon cards for her daughter and she was telling da shop person that her daughter only liked pokemon. n that card shop person n that lady were talkin i over heard that comic shop owner say "pokemon is still popular, but it sorta decreased in popularity because yugioh came out, and you kno the yugioh card game and such...blahblahblah...lots of kids still like pokemon, my son still likes it...blahblahblah" =-= i didn't quite hear what he was saying, but WHY ARE THERE YUGIOH HEADS ON DRINK BOTTLES NOW?! *faints* (i saw 'em at a gas station) *_* yugioh animations scare me...and the cards in my opinion look ugly. (but who knows, maybe some people think its cool? *tries to imagine yugioh cards as pokemon cardes*

:P hmmm last fan standing eh? we'll just see which one of us dies first. :D hahaha, jkjkjk. anyways, i'm glad lotsa people still like pokemon.

one way to proove that we still like it is to buy pokemon products and demand for cards is also important. the higher the demand, the more booster packs we'll buy and the more we can sell holos and cards for. =P its a gain gain situation for both nintendo AND pokemon fans. plus, buy the games and don't use roms! i'm not telling ya to spend ur last pennies on pokemon, but if u've go spare change, buy pokemon! also watch pokemon on TV!

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years

Tig said:
    Pok?mon used ORIGINALITY!

It's Super Effective!
    Yu-Gi-Ho! Fainted!

gg -_-
    Funny, but backwards.

look at it this way. 1997 - 1998 was when Pokemon truly was ontop, not 2000 - 2001 cause at that time it was making a horrible attempt to try and come back... It failed and was just floating around for a while then was pushed off the cliff into the pit of "So last year!", in 2002 Yu-Gi-Oh which was around from 1996 as a manga was given a chance to grow. The show/cards came out and exploded like did Pokemon, cutting off any chance of Pokemon to come back again. New boosters for the YGO CG came out, all the good duelist (me) stormed to the stores to get them and fueled YGO TCG. Pokemon creeped out of the shadows of the past and gave use R/S, it got little attention even though it had better features. But was not as long and fun as RBY/GSC, dropping it down after about a month. Face it, Pokemon waited too long and killed itself. Yu-Gi-Oh pounced on its spot and watched it fall, deeper, and deeper, and deeper into a hole of self-pity.

Last edited:

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
  • You know what I think? I think Yu-Gi-Oh is junk. It scares me because Konami made it (and they made this EXTREMELY gory game called Silent Hill :(). The cards even scare me! I mean, sheesh! And Yu-Gi is so short and then when he turns into Yu-Gi-Oh(Well, it's obvious that they just added -oh at the end *roll eyes*), no one even notices that he is a two feet taller and his voice went from 11 yrs-old, to 30! His hair scares me. It looks like a starfish with yellow seaweed.
    That penguin episode is too weird where Taya has to fight the king of the penguins. How lame! And in the show, they CRY when they loose a CARD! I mean, come on! I wouldn't CRY if I had my Articuno stolen...well, maybe a little :nervous:.
    Yu-Gi-Oh always seems he knows all the rules and there seems to be like, what, a trillion rules?! Here's my impression on Yu-Gi-Oh..."Oh I'm going to use my ........ to kill your ........." "No but you didn't know this and this and this so I will kill your this and this and this and blah blah blah blah blah!" It's just like watching those game shows where it has never ending rules.
    Pokemon will not fail! But still, they need to staighten up the show. I mean, every episode they get food and always say, "Mm...this is good." and Team Rocket has to at least have a new moto every episode. The Meowth that's right thing get's so anoyying. Team Rocket's blasting of again is horrible but with wobafet at the end it was sort of funny until now. Come on! Get rid of those 3!
    I noticed that they use a lot of starburst. They also use the same cartoon everytime Ash throws his pokeball. The movies are awesome, but the anime needs a lot of improvement. The music needs a lot of change and yada yada yada.
    Still, I will never fall for Yu-Gi-Oh. The usual gets boring, though. Team Rocket still hasn't lost it's humor, or Brock when he falls for girls. I think the best episode was the one where they were in the blizzard.

Tweak

Pokemon is incredibly popular in Hong Kong now!
    Even McDonalds sell Pokeon toys!

WHAAA!!! I WISH I WAS IN ASIA!!! i'm goina ask my cousin right now if taiwan mcdonalds has da same deal!!! :dead: i think MAGIC is what most dueslists go for because it has been popular for a long time. yugioh tcg in my opinion isn't as popular or lasting as MAGIC.

a comic book store guy said many kids still like pokemon, many parents think the yugioh cards aren't suitable for their kids *shruggs* =-=;; here come the stupid law suits again. *sigh*

Spike Razzor

Years
  • SPon11 said:
    You know what I think? I think Yu-Gi-Oh is junk. It scares me because Konami made it (and they made this EXTREMELY gory game called Silent Hill :(). The cards even scare me! I mean, sheesh! And Yu-Gi is so short and then when he turns into Yu-Gi-Oh(Well, it's obvious that they just added -oh at the end *roll eyes*), no one even notices that he is a two feet taller and his voice went from 11 yrs-old, to 30! His hair scares me. It looks like a starfish with yellow seaweed.
    That penguin episode is too weird where Taya has to fight the king of the penguins. How lame! And in the show, they CRY when they loose a CARD! I mean, come on! I wouldn't CRY if I had my Articuno stolen...well, maybe a little :nervous:.
    Yu-Gi-Oh always seems he knows all the rules and there seems to be like, what, a trillion rules?! Here's my impression on Yu-Gi-Oh..."Oh I'm going to use my ........ to kill your ........." "No but you didn't know this and this and this so I will kill your this and this and this and blah blah blah blah blah!" It's just like watching those game shows where it has never ending rules.
    Pokemon will not fail! But still, they need to staighten up the show. I mean, every episode they get food and always say, "Mm...this is good." and Team Rocket has to at least have a new moto every episode. The Meowth that's right thing get's so anoyying. Team Rocket's blasting of again is horrible but with wobafet at the end it was sort of funny until now. Come on! Get rid of those 3!
    I noticed that they use a lot of starburst. They also use the same cartoon everytime Ash throws his pokeball. The movies are awesome, but the anime needs a lot of improvement. The music needs a lot of change and yada yada yada.
    Still, I will never fall for Yu-Gi-Oh. The usual gets boring, though. Team Rocket still hasn't lost it's humor, or Brock when he falls for girls. I think the best episode was the one where they were in the blizzard.
    Ah *cracks knuckles*, more people to brake.

"and they made this EXTREMELY gory game called Silent Hill," ... Every company will have game that are NOT ment for kids, even Nintendo has a few games (Conkers Bad Fur Day).

"The cards even scare me!" Are you like blind, or challenged in some way?

"Yu-Gi is so short and then when he turns into Yu-Gi-Oh(Well, it's obvious that they just added -oh at the end *roll eyes*" Ash Catchum... All the Pokemon names *rolls eyes*.

"no one even notices that he is a two feet taller and his voice went from 11 yrs-old, to 30! His hair scares me. It looks like a starfish with yellow seaweed." First off when his spirit inhabits his body, I think his hieght/voice changes so slow people like you will know hes taking over. And hey, its anime, there not suppose to look real. In All animes they look different from what they really look like, ture 100% Japanese people all are born with black or dark brown hair. Yet in anime they will have lighter or darker skin and hair colors of all colors, even pink, blue, purple ect.

"That penguin episode is too weird where Taya has to fight the king of the penguins. How lame!" When Ash battles Blaine, Pikachu T-bolts Rhydon and knocks it out. FYI Ground negates Electric! And how Ash lost only 2 times... Now that is lame!

"And in the show, they CRY when they loose a CARD! I mean, come on! I wouldn't CRY if I had my Articuno stolen...well, maybe a little ." They get there fave and best card stolen, if Ashes Pikachu was stolen... He would commit suicide.

"Yu-Gi-Oh always seems he knows all the rules and there seems to be like, what, a trillion rules?! Here's my impression on Yu-Gi-Oh..."Oh I'm going to use my ........ to kill your ........." "No but you didn't know this and this and this so I will kill your this and this and this and blah blah blah blah blah!" It's just like watching those game shows where it has never ending rules." The rules are simple, a 7 year old at a tournement understood how to play... Your just mad cause you have a short attention spand or your just slow, I mean if my monster has 2000 Atk and yours is 1900 then its abvious I win and "Kill" is not in a kid rated show. As for the Pokemon show, its like a continuous re-run. "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Team Rocket loses automaticly. And the SAME voice acters for the girls! God!

"Pokemon will not fail!" Your right, it can't fail if its already dead.

"I will never fall for Yu-Gi-Oh." Just move on and stop bawling.

"Team Rocket still hasn't lost it's humor, or Brock when he falls for girls." Whats so funny about 3 losers who always lose, have no lives, no fasion sense, owe over $1,000,000, have only caught 1 Pokemon, never use common sense, all ways dig holes, and always say the same freaking line... As for Brock all I can say is hes pretty shallow and abviously doesn't know love or how to control his raging hormones. And like people say "Its only funny the first 20 times".

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Yes Porygon is right, Spike Razzor if you hate Pokemon (and your last post there says you do) then why on earth are you on a Pokemon forum? Why not go to a Yu-Gi-Oh forum? I mean all your doing right now is bashing Pokemon on a Pokemon forum (that is not very smart, I mean there is members here that loves Pokemon).

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Zapchu said:
    WHAAA!!! I WISH I WAS IN ASIA!!! i'm goina ask my cousin right now if taiwan mcdonalds has da same deal!!! :dead: i think MAGIC is what most dueslists go for because it has been popular for a long time. yugioh tcg in my opinion isn't as popular or lasting as MAGIC.

a comic book store guy said many kids still like pokemon, many parents think the yugioh cards aren't suitable for their kids *shruggs* =-=;; here come the stupid law suits again. *sigh*
    No, Taiwan doesn't. They are already tired of Pokemon.

Tell you what, Hong Kong WAS BANNED FROM nINTENDO for THREE YEARS They started showing Orange Islands now, that's why Pokemon is so incredibly popular in Hong Kong!
    You find Pokemon in nearly every magazine o_O|||

Spike Razzor

Years
  • Arcanine and Porygon, if you have any sense you would know everyone has different opinions. I know whats alive and what is not, Pokemon is pretty much tapped out itself and im not gonna sit around, talk and pretending its not (im old enough to know that 1000 members isn't gonna fuel Pokemon). Yu-Gi-Oh is aboviously more poplular in todays world, if you can't prove me worng than don't talk. Im here cause I play Sapphire and use Netbattle, anything else is pretty much unseen by me. I mean if all you 2 can do is assume im a Pokemon hater than don't talk to me, not that I do cause its the show and AAML that bothers me. And most Yu-Gi-Oh forums are full of total YGO freaks >.< (I just watch the show and duel at school and public events). Steve has a forum but no ones there *sniffle*.

Last edited:

Tweak

No, Taiwan doesn't. They are already tired of Pokemon.

Tell you what, Hong Kong WAS BANNED FROM nINTENDO for THREE YEARS They started showing Orange Islands now, that's why Pokemon is so incredibly popular in Hong Kong!
    You find Pokemon in nearly every magazine o_O|||

:dead: doh. is it only in hong kong or also in china?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back