• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventure I: OOC Thread!

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Pikachu battle, hmmmm interesting. That could work.

And I would give you a Trainer card, but I can't say I have the talent to make one I would be happy with in using.

Years
    haha no problem. i can understand the difficulty in making sprites. so just get it to me when you can. You can use an in-game sprite, just get one that closely resembles your character.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Cirrus promised me one but has yet to deliver. (And Starla should make an appearance in Virdian as well. :P) I'll try my hand at making one I suppose though.

Edit: SHoot trainer makers offlne. For now nothing can be photoshopped to be made to even remotely LOOK like Iris.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Due to Charizard-Man's frequent disappearing acts, Yuukihime and I have formed a provisional government until he returns.

That is, we're taking this over and switching Tai to recurring-character slash dead character (probably not dead) or we're going to bunny Tai profusely. That will be our first policy, anyway.

Long live the Provisional Government!

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Cirrus-sama,

How will the provisional government handle the RP? I am asking out of both curiosity and my own role as a "recurring cast-member".

Cirrus

Years
    We will probably proceed with the original agenda as outlined. Mr. Charizard, while unable to continue with this RP, still has a means of communications with us as well as previously informed us of the plot's progression.

Years
    Okay as I told the lovely Yuukihime my computer geek of a cousin has been fixing my computer, so every now and then my internet comes back on. Hopefully its stable now. ^^ Okay so what is this, not even a month's absence. I think I can still post...dont uu? (:

Cirrus

Years
    You can post, I think. But we will have to then bunny your character quite often if you wish to continue to participate, rite

So can haz some general guidelines about how to RP Tai, as a character?

Years
    Was searching the web, don't ask how, but I managed to find my way to this site. To be frank, this is the only part of the forum that I'm actually interested, I.E. this exact RP made me interested enough to create an account.

Now, onto buisness. Would it be acceptable to create a character that ISN'T one of the characters recieving, or intending to recieve, a starter Pokemon and begin with a common one instead?If the role needs, the character I have in mind could easily be an anti-hero or even a recurring thug constantly terrorizing your team. ;)

Years
    Well I'm flattered that my roleplay made you made an account! :3 The answer is yes, I'm always looking for Reoccuring Character roles. Just go ahead and post your SU. You can find the form on the actual thread in my first post.

Years
    Before I spend the time typing any of the character traits I have in my head, what do you mean by 'recurring character?' What are the guidelines, expectations, rules and such assoiciated with it? Will I only be allowed to RP at certain points or have other restrictions set in place?

Years
    Tell you what, the group needs a fourth person. So if your SU is very good, your character will become a Main character. Just make sure you follow all my rules and if you have any questions or doubts just ask me here. By my standards, very good is a decent length and well-written. BUT, if your SU doesn't really meet those standards you will be a Re-occuring character.

A Re-Occuring character roleplays only at certain points, usually when the main group enters a big event of some sort.

Years
    Hope you like reading ;)

"I'M some type of master or some such nonsense"

Full Name: Seamus Patrick O'Toole
    Nickname: Ratz
    Birthday: 21 October
    Hair: Seamus has dark brown hair that is lighter on the top of his head than the bottom due to constant exposure to sunlight. Currently, his hair is cut short, although uneven as he cut it himself with a pair of scissors and the mirror from a car door, although he does keep a five in long rat tail at the bottom of his neck which he lets hang over his shirt, or tucked in the shirt depending on the situation.
    Eye Color: A very dull and weary green
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 145 lbs
    Body Structure: Seamus is unusual for the region in the fact that he is taller than most children. This can be credited to his Irish-American background. Like his Celtic ancestry, Seamus has what is called 'natural strength' and does not work out at gyms, although he has the potential to be much stronger if he wasn't slightly suffering from malnutrition.

Clothing: Currently, Seamus wears a pair of blue jeans, black steel toed boots, a black baseball cap, either sideways or traditionally, as well as a black shirt with a dark blue button up work shirt over it with the sleeves rolled up. These are his new standard clothing that he just bought with money he accuired from doing a 'job' for a mysterious man. In his bag also houses a modified uniform given to him from the same mysterious man. The uniform was originally a black shirt with matching black pants and a strange black hat with white gloves and boots. Seamus modified it so that the shirt was torn down the middle to be worn over a white shirt, and ditched the gloves, boots, and hat but kept the pants. In addition, he will also wear his old clothing, which including a dirty read faded shirt with beat up shorts. In all three clothing types, Seamus will always wear black fingerless gloves and his black hat along with his new boots.
    Accessories: Seamus carries around a duffel bag which carries his extra sets of clothing, food, and supplies for his pokemon partners. Having spent years on his own, he has no need for a sleeping bag or tent as he survived without those luxuries before he was a teen.

Personality: Seamus is very light hearted in most cases when around friends, although he can be very rough and insultive when joking around. His way of creating bonds with others is to insult each other, and many can improperly see this as Seamus just being a bully. Growing up in the streets was always hard on him, so he can have a cynic opinion on many situations that can be deemed 'too good to be true' and is sucpicious of others around his personal things, as he always has the thought that others was trying to take advantage of him and steal from him. Likewise, he won't miss the opportunity to screw others over if the chance presents itself and if the person isn't a friend of his.

History: Seamus was born in Boston Massachusetts to Ryan and Catherine O'Toole. A stay at home mom, Catherine took a large role in Seamus' upbringing while Ryan owned a carpentry business. Ryan was an alcoholic and wasn't generally known as a nice man. He was often arrested for getting into barfights and was a very poor father. After a domestic violence call, the police arrested Ryan, while Seamus was put into faster care. Catherine passed away that night after she was found at the bottom of the stairs and rushed to the hospital by an ambulance. Seamus stayed in foster care until he turned five, when a family from Maine took an intrest in adopting him. Seamus refused and ran away from the foster home during the dead of night and ran for the Boston Harbor.

There, he stowed away on the closest ship, which coincidentally was heading for the Kanto Region. The ship was to make port at Vermillion Harbor until it was sunk by a rampaging Garadose. Barely able to swim, Seamus held onto dear life of a large fish with a crown on its head, otherwise known as Magikarp. The pokemon ferried it's new passenger to Pallet town before getting picked up by a Pidgeotto as a part of the circle of life. Unfamiliar faces starred at him as he walked alone through the small town. The place wasn't very large, so for any of the townsfolk to not recognize the child struck them as odd. Without anyone to turn to, Seamus ran out into Route 1 away from the strangers and kept going until reaching Viridian. Accepting that things would be different, Seamus started a new life for himself.

He lived on the streets for the rest of his life as a homeless child. To feed himself, he would often be seen at the local soup kitchen or would do odd labor for food or money to buy food with. Living in an alley near the Viridian Gym, Seamus heard pokemon battles at night, not knowing what they were other than a lot of noise from the large building. At the age of six, Seamus deciding to look at what was going on and climbed to the roof and observed through a window. A bunch of adults were using Pokemon to battle, something Seamus had no knowledge of. The thought interested the youth, as he wondered what the point of it was. The thought quickly passed the next day though, as the need for food was much of the focus for his mind. He continued living in the alley for quite some time and befriended the group of Rattatta that shared it with him. One of them became very fond of Seamus, and became his partner in crime, who he named Joey Rats officially, but a lot of other nicknames that would never really stick.

As he grew up, the types of jobs he would do increased in difficultly. He would help the local mechanic shop, gaining knowledge on the operation and repairs of automobiles. He soon learned that the other children of his age group did not like him as he was homeless, smelled, and did not attend a single day of school, and he was given the nickname Ratz due to Joey always accompanying him everywhere. After overhearing the children speak of something called a library, Seamus decided to check it out himself. Taking the first book in the place, he opened it only to realize that he couldn't read. One of the Librarians saw him struggling and decided to teach him the basics. After 5 months, Seamus learned much of the basics, and started to self teach himself with a dictionary he borrowed from the library. After conquering basic English, Seamus started to read about history and science to educate himself, insisting that fiction was a bunch of lies and the real world is what matters. In his studies, he read every book about pokemon in the library, becoming fascinated with their power, although he still had no intent on becoming a legendary trainer like the ones in the book. They were all too perfect and came from perfect lives.

Heading into his teens, Seamus took a more violent stance in life. As well as the odd jobs, he also started to rob the people of Viridian. He didn't consider himself a bad person while doing so, as he justified that he only took what he needed to survive for the day, and only made exceptions to those who deserved to be robbed, like bullies or people who looked down on others. Him and Joey worked together on these jobs, often having Joey use Quick Attack to swipe a purse or wallet while Seamus provided a distraction. They would also team up with the other Rattatta from the alley, as they accepted Seamus as a member of their rat pack. His acceptance spread, as that family of Rattatta had cousins on both Route 1 and Route 2, making it easy for reinforcements to be called in if the police got involved and started to chase the dynamic duo.

A week ago from the start of this RPG, Seamus saw a very Italian looking man in a nice black suit come out of the Gym with a few men all dressed in black jump suits. Thinking they would make easy targets to steal some easy cash from, Seamus and Joey followed them into the Viridian Forest. Unknowingly, Seamus' stench from rarely bathing gave off a scent, and the man's pokemon caught wind of him. With his cover blown, the young thief surrendered, and the mysterious man gave him a job offer. There was going to be an armored car filled with a shipment of ultra balls and money was going through a trail in the Viridian Forest that they wanted to rob. The only problem is that the police was on the lookout of them, whereas he was relatively unknown and didn't have a record, making it easier for the men to get away with the loot than if they had robbed it themselves. Seamus agreed, because it didn't seem like he had any choice in the matter.
    The man gave him two pokemon to use for the job, a butterfree, and a Taurus. Seamus made his own plan and used the pokemon to great effect. Seamus laid in the middle of the path, pretending to be unconscious, although wearing a gas mask. The armored car came to a halt and the men driving left the car to check on him. It was then when Butterfree used Sleep Powder and knocked them out. With the gas mask on, Seamus was unaffected by the move. Tauros then hit into the side of the van and created a hole, and Joey Rats used Quick Attack to steal the bags containing the balls and the money.

Upon returning to the man, who went back to the Gym, with his Pokemon and the loot, Seamus was given one ultra ball, some cash, and some pokeballs, as well as a uniform like the men he was accompanied by, for his help in the heist. The man afterward stated that he had some potential as a trainer before walking into the Gym and suggested that he try out for the Pokemon League, and then he may think about letting Seamus join his organization. Remembering the historical trainers from the books he read, Seamus decided to try it out to see if it would change his life around. First he would need a Pokemon, and he needed to look no further than his right hand man, Joey Rats. Ultra ball in hand, Seamus asked his partner if he would accompany him on the journey, and Joey responded by pushing the button on the ball, allowing himself to be captured. Afterwards he bought some new clothing with the money he had 'earned,' as well as some food and supplies. Seamus, now donning his old nickname of Ratz, headed to Route 1, after hearing that some guy named Oak was giving out Pokemon Trainer Licenses to those who qualify.

Starter: Rattatta
    Final Party:

Raticate
    Impish Nature

Hyperbeam
    Hyperfang
    Superfang
    Quick Attack

Riachu
    Naughty nature

Thunderbolt
    Thunder
    Thunderwave
    Agility

Sandslash
    Serious Nature
    Slash
    Dig
    Rock throw
    Body Slam

Rapidash
    Careful Nature
    Fireblast
    Stomp
    Take Down
    Tail Whip

Farfetch'd
    Aggressive Nature
    Fly
    Sky Attack
    Quick Attack
    Mirror Move

Dewgong
    Modest Nature
    Surf
    Icebeam
    Aruora Beam
    Headbutt

Other: "Ratz" has a project in his mind for a new way to send Pokemon out of their pokeballs and to catch pokemon that does not involve the Trainer throwing them manually. In his spare time, he's been fiddling with designs in his head.

RPG Sample: In case the eight paragraphs above don't cut it, here's a joke story I wrote about a week ago

A Day in the Life of Kamille

Chapter One

It was a fine summer morning as Kamille laid in bed. As sunlight began to pour into the room through the blinds, a spotlight was focused on the young lad as drool began to pour out of his mouth, and trailed down his pillow to a spot on the mattress under his chin. This pond of saliva was brought upon by a dream involving a pool filled with icecream. Each foot was a different flavor, starting with strawberry, and slowly working it's way up to the line to better flavors such as green mint and pistachio. The deepest part of the pool was, of course, a combination of the Newtype's favorite flavors. Triple chocolate chunk, coffee, and cookie dough all mixed together to form what was called the Kamille Special. Fa abruptly entered the room and opened the blinds, forcing Kamille to cut his happy dream short and to become cranky. As Fa began to nag Kamille over the lack of cleanliness in his room, her face expressed disgust as she sniffed the air, and inquired as to what the musty smell was shortly before accusing the traumitized pilot of wetting the bed once again.

Kamille gave a defensive, yet child-like, "No" to her accusation and gripped onto the sheets as Fa tried to rip them off him. The struggle lasted only briefly as the girl overpowered the groggy boy and took possesion of the sheets. With his cover gone, there was no way to hide the fact that Kamille had once again wet the bed, as his feety pajamas were soaked in a trail running from his pelvis down his legs. After forcing him to shower and change cloths, Fa politely asked what he wanted for breakfast, and Kamille strongly plead for icecream. . .

https://s8.zetaboards.com/CAIBs_RPG_thing/single/?p=8003419&t=8106383

Last edited:
    Years
    Hmmm I still need your Final Party, just pick 6 pokemon for your character. That doesn't mean those are the only pokemon your gonna catch. Also, do you have a roleplay sample from an rpg you were in before? I need to know how you roleplay, a joke story doesn't really give me an idea of how you roleplay.

Years
    Updated the character profile to include 6 pokemon and also added a post from a Zeta Gundam RPG that I'm a faction Mod of and I've been playing since '07..It's also my first RPG participating in.

It's a more serious "R rated" RPG with some comic relief. The post in question occurs after my main character has had his family murdered infront of him by an explosion that was meant to also kill him. I can also do comedic posts though as well, and in the same RPG I've made one NPC a crack *****, another a paranoid conspiracy theorist who accuses teammates of having alternate goals, my main character breaks teh third wall by acknowledgin time skips, and another character of mine believes he is a Zaku. :p

And you have no idea how long it took me to get 15 posts to add in that link without spamming this forum. >_<

Years
    When creating him, I was still under the "Recurring Character" category, so I wanted to have someone who could swing either way from the tough guy of the group, or being recruited to team rocket and basically screwing with your characters at any given point, but the loner works just as well given the fact that my character is homeless.

Would I be joining you during the gym battles as well, and would I also be permitted to make posts indicating what my character is doing, the pokemon encountered etc. so I don't appear out of no where with pokemon I didn't have the last time the trio saw me?

Years
    *GASP* You have Cirrus' approval. If only you knew how much that meant. Well your roleplay sample is beyond great, I can clearly determine your roleplaying abilities. One little thing though, fix up your grammar a bit. Other than that, everything checks out a-okay. [Besides the fact Aggresive isn't a nature. xD]

Now, your character won't be getting a Pokedex I'm sad to say. It just wouldn't fit in the story, he'll be a regular trainer striving to be the League Champ. He'll be traveling either solo, or with another trainer [I'm talking with another person to see if he's interested] so I'll let you know as soon as I know. :3 You will post REGULARLY, so you'll be a main character! Congrats! :D He won't be traveling with the main three cast, but like I said he'll be traveling with the other trainer if he's interested. If not, he'll be solo but his background has him prepared for it.

So ANYWAYS, I'm sure you figured this out already BUT: ACCEPTED! ^__^

Years
    The spelling errors can be credited to me using my sister's laptop that lacks FF, and I only type on word when making RP posts. copying and pasting on a laptop with no mouse is a pain in the ass. My ingame posts will be MUCH better ;)

btw Cirrus, thank you for the warm welcome. I expect our characters to clash heads quite a bit given the total differences in background and attitudes. :P

Back