• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon After Black and White

Zet

Years
    The only good thing that can come from going back to the old GBA graphics is pointless nostalgia for us older folks here on PC. But they can pretty much fit all regions into one game with the newer graphics today, so why even bother using something old when you can use something newer and better looking? It's like degrading 8bit graphics to 2bit graphics, you wouldn't want that now would you? No you would want something that gives a better picture into the audience's mind so they can have a better gaming experience knowing what something truly looks like and have better sounding music(not that I'm hating on 8bit music or anything).

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    All the regions in one game? I'd be a little upset if this were to happen. I do like the idea of the old GBA graphics, but Pokemon would never go in a backwards direction like that.
    Say what? what happened to all those assumptions regarding R/S remakes?

Only chance for us to see all regions in a single game would be a MMORPG on Pokemon released by Nintendo, else no, it'd be too long.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
    The only good thing that can come from going back to the old GBA graphics is pointless nostalgia for us older folks here on PC. But they can pretty much fit all regions into one game with the newer graphics today, so why even bother using something old when you can use something newer and better looking? It's like degrading 8bit graphics to 2bit graphics, you wouldn't want that now would you? No you would want something that gives a better picture into the audience's mind so they can have a better gaming experience knowing what something truly looks like and have better sounding music(not that I'm hating on 8bit music or anything).

they would only have to do that if the game were being released on ds. not out of nostalgia, but out of hardware limitations. ds cartridges can only hold so much, and 3d is just more demanding than the old 2d. if they came out with a cartridge that just had more space, like the supercard (google it) then they wouldn't have to. but on a standard cartridge, im not sure they could fit all the regions in with 3d graphics.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Yah, I heard of the card that can hold a load. I think there will be a 6th, and possibly a 7th, but I also do think they will have the Grand Finale. If not, then they should.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    But hey there is always possibility that 5th gen is the last, even though it is unlikely. Well look at this picture:

https://pickhost.eu/images/0002/9722/RPAcorocorogen5.png

It would be quite cool if that accually closed the circle you know, from Colours to Gems and Jewerly to Metal and back to Colours.

Or the poster would look bad if they left a huge gaping section open? Pokemon will be made until it stops making money.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    Or the poster would look bad if they left a huge gaping section open? Pokemon will be made until it stops making money.

Yea it would lose the point of the picture if they left a giant hole there. Especially since the artist doesn't know how many more games there will be

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    I dont think pokemon will go out in a bang. It will be a fizzle as it slowly loses popularity, Which will happen when all of us get to old(i dont think there is a loyal enough younger fanbase.) Each generation will be released sooner and sooner and with more gimmicks until they give up finnaly, probaly gen 10.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I dont think pokemon will go out in a bang. It will be a fizzle as it slowly loses popularity, Which will happen when all of us get to old(i dont think there is a loyal enough younger fanbase.) Each generation will be released sooner and sooner and with more gimmicks until they give up finnaly, probaly gen 10.

Thats when I could see them trying to make a huge game that plays on the older generation's sentimental side.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    7 regions, 7 continents.

One megagame to top it off.

ORGASMMMMMM.

Oh and whoever posted the Pokemon Game Circle picture, it gave me goosebumps. Lmao.

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
    But hey there is always possibility that 5th gen is the last, even though it is unlikely. Well look at this picture:

"see above"

It would be quite cool if that accually closed the circle you know, from Colours to Gems and Jewerly to Metal and back to Colours.

I feel like that's just a simple hype poster, especially with them coming up on their 15th year of games. And I definitely don't see them ending the series before making a final game that runs you through the entire series of regions at once, though discussions earlier on how the difficulty curve would work does raise questions.

Also, not sure if this was said, but one of the reasons Pokemon has never left the handheld is because that is it's domain that it rules with an iron fist. That's where the money is for the Pokemon Series. If it tried to make a transfer over to the consoles, there's a whole mess of games that would become new enemies. Right now, when you buy a new Gameboy system, you're ready for a new Pokemon. Why fix what isn't broken?

Zet

Years
    they would only have to do that if the game were being released on ds. not out of nostalgia, but out of hardware limitations. ds cartridges can only hold so much, and 3d is just more demanding than the old 2d. if they came out with a cartridge that just had more space, like the supercard (google it) then they wouldn't have to. but on a standard cartridge, im not sure they could fit all the regions in with 3d graphics.

The DS maybe limited, but what about the 3DS?

drivr3joe

Master Of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2020
    sadly every game is now going to be like black and white

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We will return to a bigger, cooler, more awesome Hoenn that makes everyone a Hoenn fan! I will be happy and feel nausea while playing it:cheeky:

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    That's not impossible and I'm hoping for the same as well. I remember reading a while back that the DS card only uses around 15% of it's full storage space. Imagine 50% or even something like 80%.

EDIT: Not Confirmed BUT: The typical DS cartridge supports a little more than 1 gb. Most games are 100-300 mb. If you compare them to PSP games, this seems about right as DS games don't support graphics as great as those on the PSP. Anyways, an R4 can hold around 2 gbs. So yeah. All regions in one game on the DS is a possibility.

Last edited:
    Back