• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

Years
  • That's why I liked contests :D I like dressing Pokémon up. ...what? Generation 4 contests were amusing. Unlike musicals and movies.

Pokeamie is probably useful but I'm not making stupid faces and talking to them Hey You, Pikachu style. Eat all of the pretty patties you want (most Pokémon don't have tongues anyway...) but I'm not embarrassing myself for some fake creature's amusement.

You know you really shouldn't care what other people think, also why are you embarrassed to play Pokemon?

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • This feature is an excellent idea for players to 'bond' with their Pokemon, rather than just giving it Vitamins and massages from NPCs which is hardly interactive... I'll definitely be using this feature, It's quite interesting to interact with our Pokemon face to face.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I can't believe no one has mentioned this. One of the guests from the Pokemon Game Show revealed a few screenshots that you're able to abuse your own Pokemon in Poke Amie. ;_;
    Really?! Yay! I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm against the idea of being able to abuse pokemon, as that could give PETA's arguments legitimacy. But being able to have this free will and consequentially notice your Pokemon's performance in battle suffer and to ignore you would encourage treating your pokemon well. (So scratch that, this could make PETA's arguments fail if implemented right.)
    If anyone has a source for this, do link!

That's why I liked contests :D I like dressing Pokémon up. ...what? Generation 4 contests were amusing. Unlike musicals and movies.

Pokeamie is probably useful but I'm not making stupid faces and talking to them Hey You, Pikachu style. Eat all of the pretty patties you want (most Pokémon don't have tongues anyway...) but I'm not embarrassing myself for some fake creature's amusement.
    They all laughed at me for playing peek-a-boo with my Pokémon...
    I laughed as I played peek-a-boo burying their dead bodies

^Referencing that your pokemon will get benefits in-battle for this.

Hmmmmmm...

This feature to me can get a little weird if you can use it on every Pokemon. Although personally I always wanted to pet my Dialga and tell it what a good Time Lord it is.
    This is even funnier when you consider that Dialga is 17 feet tall. {XD}

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I loved walking with pokemon in Yellow and HG/SS. I'm also obsessed with Nintendogs. (I chose it as my first DS game over Diamond! *sobs in guilt*) I'm going to use this feature like crazy!

Years
  • I can't wait try Pokémon Amie! As long as it isn't as boring as Pokémon Contents and Pokéwood and it actually makes as big of an impact on the main game as they are making it out to be!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I can't wait try Pokémon Amie! As long as it isn't as boring as Pokémon Contents and Pokéwood and it actually makes as big of an impact on the main game as they are making it out to be!

I don't think this will be taking the place of our musical like side quest but I also hope it's fun. It does look fun though, and reminds me of how I played with my Dream Easters in Kingdom Hearts 3D, which I enjoyed so I expect to enjoy playing with Pokémon the same way.

Years
  • I don't think this will be taking the place of our musical like side quest but I also hope it's fun. It does look fun though, and reminds me of how I played with my Dream Easters in Kingdom Hearts 3D, which I enjoyed so I expect to enjoy playing with Pokémon the same way.

Well it seems that my wishes have been heard and 'Pokémon Amie' will actually have some amazing benefits outside of the minigame!

Pokemon - Amie~!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    After reading the recent information we've got about the Pokemon Amie, I officially want to use it! I hope we can use it in-game, and don't need the internet for it like we did with the Dream World.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Wow..
    Okay after Evasion and Critical Hit Bonuses being confirmed I have been disgusted with GF. These types of hax is what ruins the game and makes it much less competitive and much more luck based (and easily abusable.)

If this is true then I honestly might not even get Pokemon X/Y. Why do they have to implement this. Any other bonuses would of been fine.. :/

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The unique feature with Pokémon Amie is that after you have utilised the feature, you will come to see various effects in battle. These features range from superficial to largely beneficial for the trainer which allows for greater strategy in battle. Most of them occur randomly, with the rate currently unclear. The effects known are as follows

Text: The introduction message, and various statements throughout battle change in context
    Critical Hit Ratio: The ratio of Critical Hits is increased
    Evasion: The Pokémon's evasion is increased
    The following may be attributed to Pokémon Amie based on the visual representation, but it still isn't clear

Paralysis: The Pokémon has a chance of healing itself from paralysis
    Survival: The Pokémon has a chance of enduring a hit which would have knocked it out"

Now THIS is awesome! Yet another cool feature about Pokémon-Amie, I can't wait to try it out.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Wow..
    Okay after Evasion and Critical Hit Bonuses being confirmed I have been disgusted with GF. These types of hax is what ruins the game and makes it much less competitive and much more luck based (and easily abusable.)

If this is true then I honestly might not even get Pokemon X/Y. Why do they have to implement this. Any other bonuses would of been fine.. :/

You can always abuse your Pokemon to prevent evasion and critical hit bonuses, or possibly don't use Poke Amie at all apart from the inevitable part where you're forced to use it the first time in the beginning of your journey. Also, the battle facilities are entirely luck-based too, so this feature may perhaps help your team at an even level against those hax trainers.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Is it me or with those battle effects Gamefreak wants the game to be closer to the anime in terms of they evading attacks and surviving certain impossible hits like they do in the anime

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    It looks like an awesome feature, and one that I'm ridiculously excited to try out! :D I've wanted something like this ever since the Pocket Pikachu haha. :)

Haha oh my god... I remember Pocket Pikachu! I'm sure I still have mine somewhere.

As for Pokemon-Amie, I am really excited about it. I always hated the happiness evolution process in other games... so tedious & not at all fun! This seems way more realistic anyways, so I really hope it's connected to happiness level.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Wow..

I think that it's a bit unfair to say that you might not get the game because of something that would most likely only affect competitive battling. I'm pretty certain that normal npcs won't get it. The Champion might.
    I'm sure that gamefreak will have a way of making this balanced. For all we know, the increase might be very minimal. It might make a 100 accuracy move hit at like 95 accuracy. Critical hits could increase by 5%. I think there will be drawbacks as well. Maybe certain stats are decreased like when how things that make your Pokemon friendly also decrease your stats. I wouldn't start judging things before we know everything about them.(Unless we do, and I'm wrong, and everything has been revealed to be like you said. :p)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Is it me or with those battle effects Gamefreak wants the game to be closer to the anime in terms of they evading attacks and surviving certain impossible hits like they do in the anime
    Whilst this would be awesome, I don't think it's appropriate for the main game. It does scream of broken, even though it'll more than likely be heavily balanced.

I'd personally like to see the above things implemented in a pokemon action game, which mimics the amine much more closely, as opposed to the traditional turn-based battling.

Years
  • I think that it's a very cute feature. I am really hoping that the little macaroons are not unlimited though. I really miss being able to grow berries so having them back or another means to grow a food item would be lovely. I would be in heaven if they had a little kitchen place and you had to bake your own. I will definitely play the little side game no matter how it works because I find it adorable, plus I love Nintendogs.

Back