• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Blue (Pokedeaths, loot system, and more) Demo out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2023
    I like the idea, hope u can keep up the hack until it finish dude ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I was just recording a play of it, and i noticed upon recieving my mudkip I was given a ??????? It was low on health, so I tried to use a potion, and the game reset.

Otherwise good game

shinymissingno

??? Pokemon
    Years
  • This hack sounds DAMN interesting, I'm eager to try it out once the beta/alpha is more complete. The death mechanic sounds interesting, too - makes things more... real? It sort of feels like a lighter version of a Nuzlocke; your pokemon can still die, but it's got a chance to survive as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Coming to Pokecommunity to find out this has a demo now gives meh happy feels. :D

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2020
    Somebody may have already mentioned this, but Bulbasaur isn't immune to the Gringey City poison. Cypress even still says I don't have any poison Pokemon.

Also, I noticed that when I had a ghost, the nurse would give me as many Pidgeys as I wanted as long as the ghost was in my party, rather than just one. Not sure if that was intentional.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Somebody may have already mentioned this, but Bulbasaur isn't immune to the Gringey City poison. Cypress even still says I don't have any poison Pokemon.

Also, I noticed that when I had a ghost, the nurse would give me as many Pidgeys as I wanted as long as the ghost was in my party, rather than just one. Not sure if that was intentional.

Haha, that's a rather strange bug. I wonder if my code only checked their initial type rather than both. Regardless, I did stop working on this project. It's a great deal of fun though, and maybe at some point I'll do it over again and try to shrink my goals to making just Fire Red with the additional features. Currently it was just very time consuming, and after patching in the new music, the audio bug was frustrating me. (and apparently there's no fix to that)

Regardless, thank you guys so much for enjoying it. I hope to one day release a finished hack with these core designs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Jesus this rom hack is just damn amazing, all of the features are things I've always wanted in a pokemon game. Solid job man.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Is the rom hack dead? Cuz I loved the idea and followed it until today (from 2015) and no update.... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back