• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Blue (Pokedeaths, loot system, and more) Demo out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
Years
  • cvljuUk.png

JPAN ENGINE/DOLLSTEAK PATCH

Story:
    Spoiler:

Features:
    Spoiler:

Features Explained
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

FAKEMON
    Spoiler:

Spreadsheet of Paths
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Alpha Demo 1 (9/03/15)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    a death system? I'm sorry but I have to question that considering if you max out EVs and have an idealy bred pokemon (or even non-bred for that matter so long as it has good IVs as well) and happens to be particularly rare, then that pretty much makes it not worth playing the game in all honesty. I mean at least make the death chance harder to get if you intend to keep it in regardless. A 1 in 5 chance is too great and will more than likely end up killing the enjoyment in the process.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • a death system? I'm sorry but I have to question that considering if you max out EVs and have an idealy bred pokemon (or even non-bred for that matter so long as it has good IVs as well) and happens to be particularly rare, then that pretty much makes it not worth playing the game in all honesty. I mean at least make the death chance harder to get if you intend to keep it in regardless. A 1 in 5 chance is too great and will more than likely end up killing the enjoyment in the process.

This may just not be the rom hack for you. The point is to rethink how you play the game. You learn to not take chances as much, and you consider that when you go into a battle its with purpose. You stay stocked up on potions. You build up a team quickly and make sure they are all equally leveled and able to be used.

I'm going for the Pokemon game I've been wanting since I was a kid, and I know this may not be for everyone, but regardless I appreciate you taking the time to read what I'm doing. To me your response seems common for someone who hasn't taken risks in this way. Who knows; try it and you might find it enjoyable.

The pleasure gained from beating a merciless game is quite fun. Knowing you raised your pokemon, made them perfect, and had them survive the entire game with you would be a much more meaningful feeling than just having a trophy pokemon. This is breathing life into pokemon because it offers the option of death.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • This sounds amazing. I love the idea of a laptop and Legendary Battles! This hack will succeed!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • The overall concept has me intrigued. I know not much about programming, so I can only show my interest through rooting for you and lurking this thread. I am willing to wait for such a game to appear. Good luck with all of this, and I hope other people with greater talents share my sentiment. (and possibly share your dream and be a part of your team)

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • This sounds amazing. I love the idea of a laptop and Legendary Battles! This hack will succeed!
    Thanks a bunch! I appreciate that a lot! The legendary battles are great fun already and I don't even have them finished. Having multiple chain battles and phases on them really makes them feel legendary. Capturing a Zapdos that just abotu knocks out an entire party of yours is such a rewarding feeling.

I like the idea man.. Keep this up!
    Appreciated! I most certainly will!

The overall concept has me intrigued. I know not much about programming, so I can only show my interest through rooting for you and lurking this thread. I am willing to wait for such a game to appear. Good luck with all of this, and I hope other people with greater talents share my sentiment. (and possibly share your dream and be a part of your team)
    Thanks a bunch, I'm glad you're interested! I hope so too, haha. I'll be releasing a small demo here soon that just shows off some of the stuff. Just want the death mechanics to be worked out before I let people play it.

Also I've updated the main page to include a spreadsheet of paths. This shows basically the entire story progression.

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    These features are amazing :)

For the Death system, maybe ask the player for this option especially if you are implementing a Nuzlocke feature. But then again, I don't know 100% what everyone likes! But I will still play it!

TWU

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2018
    a death system? I'm sorry but I have to question that considering if you max out EVs and have an idealy bred pokemon (or even non-bred for that matter so long as it has good IVs as well) and happens to be particularly rare, then that pretty much makes it not worth playing the game in all honesty. I mean at least make the death chance harder to get if you intend to keep it in regardless. A 1 in 5 chance is too great and will more than likely end up killing the enjoyment in the process.

Unless you planned on playing on a real GBA, you could always just use save states to prevent deaths. They're annoying to use, but are helpful sometimes when you don't agree with something the hacker put in. I abused them a lot in Snakewood; I thought that was a good hack, there was just several annoying areas made primarily to troll you.

But yeah, Criminon, I am completely on board with a game with an upped difficulty, enhanced AI and intense legendary battles. But I also think adding the current death system you're describing to the mix, might be pushing it a little bit, especially since you're already talking about legendaries that can wipe out our whole team with ease. I suggest either decreasing the chance of death a little bit, or make it optional. I don't think it should be scrapped, for I think it should be in a game to see how well it works and how it is accepted by the community.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    yeah making it optional is wise I think. I am otherwise very interested in this game though.

Years
  • This game has a lot of really interesting features. I do wonder how you will incorporate some of them, but good luck!

I personally like the death system. It adds a second dimension to the game that you rarely get to see.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • it will have p/s split?

Of course. It has the Dollsteak patch in it.

This game has a lot of really interesting features. I do wonder how you will incorporate some of them, but good luck!

I personally like the death system. It adds a second dimension to the game that you rarely get to see.

Most are already incorporated and I'm satisfied with how they have turned out. And I'm glad you enjoy it! I agree! It makes every battle count!

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Some Random Ghost
    Years
  • *Reads title* Oh, this is just another one of these FireRed remakes or whatever. *reads post* Ok, this is amazing! It has a really nice story, and these features look awesome (mainly because I like hardened hacks)! I look forward to these Pokemon-drop-items and Zonewide Gameplay Mechanics. (btw, you should make one of these for Grass-types, they need more love haha)

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • *Reads title* Oh, this is just another one of these FireRed remakes or whatever. *reads post* Ok, this is amazing! It has a really nice story, and these features look awesome (mainly because I like hardened hacks)! I look forward to these Pokemon-drop-items and Zonewide Gameplay Mechanics. (btw, you should make one of these for Grass-types, they need more love haha)

The bulbasaur garden will be in the game, so I'm sure I can make it dependent on grass types!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    This looks cool but I question the forced nuzlock.
    Mind you I'll try it anyway, but you should consider putting a way in to make it optional at some point.

Edit:
    Rocket pokeballs...this sounds interesting indeed.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • This looks cool but I question the forced nuzlock.
    Mind you I'll try it anyway, but you should consider putting a way in to make it optional at some point.

Edit:
    Rocket pokeballs...this sounds interesting indeed.

Too much of the text and story is based around Pokemon death. Trainers talk about it a lot, and I really don't just want to put features in and have them forgettable or just tacked on. The death thing is something I plan on doing and doing correctly. Its a 1/5 chance. This means its not just if a pokemon faints, its out for good. I think with all of the choices and additional items and moves I'm giving, it should be more than possible to complete the game and enjoy it.

Years
  • I am always interested to see what hackers will incorporate to make their hacks stand out from the pack, and I must say this one really jumped out at me! I am excited to try out all these new features and see how they affect gameplay, especially the crafting system. I will be eagerly awaiting the first demo of this game!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back