• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Sapphire

How's the beta's difficulty? (I plan to buff up the Route 50 wild Pokemon)

• Perfect

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Could be harder

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
  • Update: I got a new hex editor and a new wave of ambitions, so it's time to finish up Beta 2.0. I hope to have this worthy of being bumped into Hacks Showcase before long.

SamSam67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Loooooks all goood
    the screens are good
    but you have mixed FR Ows with RSE ones
    And lol at the last screen~
    :( i want5 soup

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I like the fact that you can encounter sleeping pokemon in the grass. You shouldn't remove this. It's an interesting feature, and it's original.

PeregrineFig

Years
  • It only happened if the variable to make a pokemon sleep was drawn when headbutting a tree, but no wild pokemon fell out. I did an overhaul of my headbutt tree script and fixed this problem. (Though a new, more annoying one popped up :/)

PeregrineFig

Years
  • My deliciously palette-edited battle screen. It does take getting used to, but I like it.

Pokemon Aqua Sapphire

Galexio

Pokémon Professor Assistant
    Years
  • Azumarril sprite

So I was playing, and when Marill evolved, I got this (check the screenshots):
    Am I the only one whose Azumarill's sprite is literally broken?

PeregrineFig

Years
  • I became aware of that problem and fixed it in the version I'm working on. I never even evolved my Marill in that old version, and when I overwrote every single Pokemon sprite it fixed that weird tilemap pointer.

Years
  • Cool battle scree, I like it. But I think you should make it a little Darker. Btw, waiting for beta 2.0. Good luck

PeregrineFig

Years
  • This is a rough idea of the game's world map. This is definitely not the map that will be used in-game, but I drew this up to show Balta's location relative to Kanto and Johto. You'll be able to visit the areas within the red rectangle in-game, and probably at least a few areas outside the rectangle.

Pokemon Aqua Sapphire

PeregrineFig

Years
  • My motivation came back to me, and I'm almost done scripting the beta. Here's a little screenshot of the new town in this version.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • The worldmap looks good but I've some critic for it :P
    It feels strange that there was something between Johto and Kanto so I think you should make that new area be somehow else. For example, make it so that you can access it from Route 25 (above Cerulean) :D

Besides, the world is very large so it will take a long time to finish it.
    Make it that big, if you're willing to complete the hack as well ;)

PeregrineFig

Years
  • Here it is, Beta 2.0. Patch it to another clean FireRed ROM. START A NEW SAVE FILE! Sorry for the inconvenience that causes, but due to the application of the hacked FR engine, if you continue an old save file you WILL find bugs. I had to use A-Ptch this time because the ROM was expanded to 32MB while applying the hacked engine. (And I'm too lazy to change it back 9.9) There are significant changes and additions, and many will be easily noticeable. Please report any and all bugs you find to me. Suggestions are welcome, too.

https://www.megaupload.com/?d=6B2IZ0TD

Last edited:
    Years
  • your an awesome hacker especially for a beginner:) dont give up this hacks seems like its going to popular when its done.
    KEEP IT UP!!! :)

PeregrineFig

Years
  • I think I'm going to start a new hack on the side, just working on it to pass the time when I can't think of ideas or lack motivation for this hack. A thread won't be up for a while, just mentioning that I'm going to start that first and resume work on this a little later.

Years
  • I found a bug in beta 2 when you go to the pokemon center and ask nurse joy to heal them after she heals them it crashes. now i have to go to the players house to get my pokemon healed. :(

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I found a bug in beta 2 when you go to the pokemon center and ask nurse joy to heal them after she heals them it crashes. now i have to go to the players house to get my pokemon healed. :(

:L :L
    Doesnt do it for me
    I can heal all i want
    Im gonna go heal just for you
    Maybe you patched it to a usedup rom

PeregrineFig

Years
  • I found a bug in beta 2 when you go to the pokemon center and ask nurse joy to heal them after she heals them it crashes. now i have to go to the players house to get my pokemon healed. :(

Yeah, I thoroughly test my betas and didn't get that problem. Re-extract a clean ROM and try repatching.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back