• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Aqua

Do any of you think this game will go anywhere?

• Oh yeah! You'll be done in no time!

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Yeah!

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Maybe, I don't know.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Hell no! It sucks!

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    Wow! You think so! Thanks! I hope the grunts turn out to be that good as well!

Also, I (randomly) Decided to make the hero battler. Is this any good as well? I just recolored an existing one and edited out a few things and changed his right leg, but the captain I did splicing and custom jeans and stuff. Thats what I'm going to do with the grunts too. So... I'll be done by tonite ^_^ The sad thing is that I suck with pokemon... I can do trainers pretty well, but not pokemon >_<

Also, I recolored a Sharpedo. This will be one of hammerhead's pokemon.

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Maybe you shouldn't worry with this too much for now...

Custom sprites are, IMO, one of the last things to do on a game. Just imagine: you spend days and nights creating sprites and when you finish you are like "OMG I'm so tired, I'll put this project on hold". Guess what? Bye bye nice Pokémon game because you got bored.

That's just my opinion, but I guess I have a point.
    Anyway, I found some battle animations in the Dev Resources thread...
    ^^

~Azura.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    Yeah, I hear ya. After about the third one I was like... yeah... this is a waste of time. So now its just back to making maps. But, I've got a question. You know how the maps only go to about 200x300 or something? I'm trying to make it so you don't have to mack separate maps for each route. Like for example, making the whole reigon out of one map. But I suppose that that would overload sometime and cause too much time to load when you leave a building... so... I just killed my own idea. But aside from that, I'm trying to develop a way to make a smooth transition between maps. When I do no fade, it looks kinda like its skipping... and I'm also thinking that when you are on a bike or running it will cancel out or glich it. any Ideas?

And about the battle animations, which page? >_> I'm still looking. LoL...

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    If you make you drawings alittle more detailed, and have a darker outline, ( i can hardly see it onmy comp) I can try the sprites for you. Not sure about backs, but i can do the battle forms.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    sweet! I think I can do the backs if you make the regular ones. Becuase (usually) the backs less detailed in most games... like wailmer, it looks like a blue lump with a blowhole at the top ^_^

So, Should I go over it in paint or darken the pencil lines for you to draw? Actually, yeah, thats what I'll do. I'll darken it in pencil and post them here unless someone else posts.

SyrupMaker

I make Syrup, Want some?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2006
    The game looks good IMO. But i suggest you liven the maps a little if you know what I mean :).

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    Thanks, and yep, I'm fixing them up. Making them more perty.

Anywho, I took a few and quick made them darker. Now I'm only posting a few because I'm giving my arm a break (lol... it hurts to draw this much) but here they are. I'll post more soon. As well as some new screens.

https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/39/silky3rf.jpg
    https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6926/silkatrice3eh.jpg
    https://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1327/cheepit4ws.jpg
    https://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8653/cheagle2yu.jpg
    https://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4782/snagit9ku.jpg
    https://img154.imageshack.us/img154/1569/warweasle6bq.jpg

Oh and If anyone could make a sprite of the captain? That would be sweet.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Alright, well right now i am doing the warmadillo or whatever. What colors would you like it to be?

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    Hm... well like the snout and stuff is regular, like a beige fleshy color. Maybe a light brown. The armor around it is like metal. Like a suit of armor. The tail is black though. Like a flail. um... and teh nose is red... I think thats it right?

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Yeah, sorry i got the name wrong it was warweasle. Anyway, it may take sometime to get this done. My school year is almost over ( full days, then 4 half days<--Exams) So I will try and get some done for you. Is Warweasle a big pokemon? Like give me a comparison

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    I know. Then my Game and resourse output will increase a hundredfold! Or to you fans or rock out there, sevenfold.

Heres the revamped route 201:
    Pokemon Aqua

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    I know who you speak of, nice map by the way, not cluttered, I could see that as a hard route also

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    Yeah, Its your first route though. Well, technicaly not. The beginning... sorta... You dont start with any pokemon. Like... you get on a ship and go to Vescott first. when you try to go into the grass at this one part, your later rival shows up and escprts you to vescott and back. THen whe nyou go back you get Dravy. THe starter.

Hey, also, is ther a way I can make pokemon cries? like... would I just use a MIDI program?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Whalesdude, for that map question you made some posts back:

WHALESDUDE said:
    But, I've got a question. You know how the maps only go to about 200x300 or something?

They go up to 500x500 (Really Big!)

WHALESDUDE said:
    I'm trying to make it so you don't have to mack separate maps for each route. Like for example, making the whole reigon out of one map.

You don't need to map the entire region in one map. I use caves to split the region in three or four maps. Even original Pokemon games do that (with Cerulean Cave and the cave before Lavender Town). Got my point? You can use buildings too, like Safron City, where you need to pass through a building to enter/leave the city (Same as with Vermillion City).

WHALESDUDE said:
    But aside from that, I'm trying to develop a way to make a smooth transition between maps. When I do no fade, it looks kinda like its skipping... and I'm also thinking that when you are on a bike or running it will cancel out or glich it. any Ideas?

Well there isn't a way, but you can use the split-region-idea I told you ^^

WHALESDUDE said:
    And about the battle animations, which page? >_> I'm still looking. LoL...

I'll find them in a minute.
    Edit: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1731907&postcount=40
    ~Azura.

Last edited:

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    Yep. Got them. I have however taken some from the tutorial or whatever it was there. I will give credits, but I'm just letting you know its there ^_^

Oh and hows the sprite comming along hyperion? I'm anxious to see how its going to turn out! ^_^

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    By the end of theweek you will have it. I am trying to make it look nice( i am also doing two other scratches at the moment also)

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    Awesome! Can't wait! I respect the time frame as well. I won't rush you. Just as long as it either looks good, or... just gets done in general! ^_^ Thanks a million by teh way!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back