• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon arceus and the rise of the dragons

what sould the starters be.

• beedrill,dustox,beutifly

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • arcinine,houndoom,charmeleon

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • polietode,feraligator,blastosie

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    Storyline:Oneday you are watching T.V and you hear a eathquake in town you go outside and you see arceus he tells you that the dragons of space,time and death are after me then it gets dark. Then arceus flys off you must catch the dragons of space,time and death and beat gym leaders and beat the pokemon league and save the world.

Hack name:arceus and the rise of the dragons

Rom info:fire red

Features:arceus as mascot
    new sprites
    new scritps
    in sinnoh and jhoto only
    new rival
    even better storyline

Team: mastergamer491

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I gotta say, that story is much worse than nintendo's.
    Hey, don't bash, even if it's the worst storyline you've ever heard.

Try to de-colour the first post and make it normal-sized, would you? It actually makes it look worse.

Interesting, I guess, but it's really weird. Why is it up to YOU, of all people, to save the world? Not someone like a Gym Leader or Cynthia, the champion of Sinnoh?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hey, don't bash, even if it's the worst storyline you've ever heard.

Try to de-colour the first post and make it normal-sized, would you? It actually makes it look worse.

Interesting, I guess, but it's really weird. Why is it up to YOU, of all people, to save the world? Not someone like a Gym Leader or Cynthia, the champion of Sinnoh?

I'm sorry, I meant it's not as good, if I want to talk about the worst story ever, I would look at a hack that shall not be named.
    *cough* complete *cough*

SierraTDI

Cody?! where are you???
    Years
  • aw dont listen to them your hack is good just the way it is so if anyone wants to see my hack pm me and ill pm link

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • [critisism mode off]
    I've got an idea, you should add the gym leaders as apart of the story to make it longer, like make them actually be evil or good, help you or be against you, and take away the gyms. I'll help in anyway I can, my dark side takes over when...nevermind, I've just been annoyed lately. you should also change the starters as well, to all psychics, but all first evolutions, so it fits with the hack.

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Good to have another hack I'm helping. I'll try to make it as good as I can!

But don't forget, you must be a part of it too, otherwise it'll be as if this is my hack. Trust me, I've seen this before.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    even better storyline

I have to wonder, where does this come in?

Half of your starters in the poll aren't even spelled right, you put fully evolved forms with half-evolved forms, which doesn't even make any sense, and, to top it all off, you put "good" as a tag. Which hardly describes this hack at all.

[/angry mode]

Put a little more effort into it. Y'know, post a little bit, learn how to actually do this stuff, and then come back to tell us about it.

Sorry, I ain't in the greatest mood tonight.

SierraTDI

Cody?! where are you???
    Years
  • nvm that chris came to house yesterday and i helped him

he is 5% done with beta so cross yer fingers

Last edited by a moderator:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • These should be the starters instead: (Perhaps Psychic, Dark, and Fighting?)

Ralts?
    Houndour?
    Machop?

I'm guessing these off the top of my head, so you choose which starters are best.

Years
  • No. They aren't fantastic choices.

I shall quote tCoD to give you sw full-fledged reason:
    The Cave of Dragonflies said:
    The only possible starter triangles (i.e. three types that are weak to one another in a rock-paper-scissors fashion and the same with resistances in reverse) other than the traditional Fire/Water/Grass are Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel and Grass/Poison/Ground. (Before you send me an error report about it, NO, DARK/PSYCHIC/FIGHTING IS NOT A TYPE TRIANGLE. See the FAQ entry on the subject for details.) We are not likely to get such starter triangles, however; Fire, Water and Grass are both traditional and make sense as representatives of three elements while the other triangles are pretty much out-of-the-blue incidental relations that happen to emerge from the type chart.

And in the FAQ entry it says:

Again said:
    The reason for that is that while Dark is super effective on Psychic which is super effective on Fighting which is super effective on Dark, it doesn't go the other way. With Fire, Water and Grass, Grass is not very effective on Fire which is not very effective on Water which is not very effective on Grass. With Dark, Psychic and Fighting, Dark is not very effective on Fighting which is not very effective on Psychic which is ineffective on Dark. It breaks the triangle.

Seriously, why have people been trying to "correct" me on Dark/Psychic/Fighting even though the section itself clearly states that it has to go for resistances too to qualify as a triangle? I've now put a special notice in parentheses to tell people specifically that Dark/Psychic/Fighting is not a type triangle into the section itself, but judging by my results at trying to make people read the FAQ before reporting errors so far, this will probably just make people e-mail me about Water/Ground/Electric instead (which has the same problem).

So, do one of Dragonfree's (that's his username, right?) suggestions:

Fire/Water/Grass, Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel or Grass/Poison/Ground.

Also, you may need to work a bit on your storyline, but good luck on this hack! (As others have stated before, the poll options are a bit... nonsensical) =O

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • No. They aren't fantastic choices.

I shall quote tCoD to give you sw full-fledged reason:

And in the FAQ entry it says:

So, do one of Dragonfree's (that's his username, right?) suggestions:

Fire/Water/Grass, Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel or Grass/Poison/Ground.

Also, you may need to work a bit on your storyline, but good luck on this hack! (As others have stated before, the poll options are a bit... nonsensical) =O
    Well their better than the ones in the poll, that's all that matters, ten years of pokemon has already taught me the pattern :P.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
  • [critisism mode off]
    I've got an idea, you should add the gym leaders as apart of the story to make it longer, like make them actually be evil or good, help you or be against you, and take away the gyms. I'll help in anyway I can, my dark side takes over when...nevermind, I've just been annoyed lately. you should also change the starters as well, to all psychics, but all first evolutions, so it fits with the hack.

allthough it would fit with the story, having all physic starters, or any physic starters at all for that matter, is simply not fesible, as physcis attacks have no effect on normal type pokemon, and thus the player would be running from many battles early in the game.

i do agree that the starters in the polls are bad though, for exampl the fire ones, having arcanine and charmeleon in the same starter set is a horrible choice, as charmeleon would always be the better choice, as it still has one evolution left, and arcanine has none, and the player would have no reason to train it.

also, having second evolutions as starters would mean that the first evolutions are either unavailable, only attained through the day care, or are wild pokemon, making the use of multiple starters irrelivent as you could obtain all the starters anyway? i suggest either making one starter, or all three to be 1st evolutions.

thats my 2 cents anyway =]]

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Then these could be the starters instead:

Rock: Nosepass

Fighting: Makuhita

Flying: Mantyke (Yeah, I know it can beat Rock, but ex: Infernape is super effective against Empoleon. And since you want some 4th gen Pokemon, put Mantyke in.)

Back