• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Will cloned pokemon be considered hacked by the bank?
    It depends. If you cloned it with an AR most likely not, if you used the in game cloning glitch then maybe you will be able to deposit them, that one's difficult to tell as one doesn't need an outside source for the glitch to work...

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • If you did not catch it without using something like an AR, its hacked. If you used an AR to change the moves, abilities, stats, or nature of your Pokemon its a Hacked Pokemon.

I don't know if they will count RNG abuse since I think the system can apparently pick up on whether or not the Pokemon is RNG abused.

Safest thing to assume, unless you caught the Pokemon just playing through or through special events, then they won't allow it.

So AR, Off game generated Pokemon like Pokemon App created ones, and MAYBE RNG Abused Pokemon may not be allowed. First two definate, third is an IDK.

RNG abuse cannot be detected at all, so they will pass.

Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't RNG abuse just resetting the game until one gets the desired Pokémon? If so or if it's something along those lines I doubt they'll not let them pass.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't RNG abuse just resetting the game until one gets the desired Pokémon? If so or if it's something along those lines I doubt they'll not let them pass.

If thats the case then i dont see why not let these in!

I have seen guides about how to create legit Pokemon using Pokegen so probably not all of them will stay behind.

Years
  • My thoughts on this is that it's a pretty useful feature to have, obviously. I dont think it's something that I'll be using much, but it's good to know that it's there when I need it. The $5 cost is also really cheap and affordable, so I see no problem with this, so far. n_n
    Sure is.
    I think that later they may increase the storage size if they notice a lot people are capturing more Pokémon that they almost fill up the boxes. Hopefully there'll be new pc skins too, I like changing them...

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • when i saw this feature this morning, it made me so excited. i think it's a really great idea. i wish platinum was able to transfer though! D:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Pokegen cannot create a legit Pokemon. I've had people make the same claim and get banned from tournaments because their legit Pokemon have data on them that the game caught as foreign. They just updated the games and the external systems as well. They may have updated it to only read those actually caught in the game and through download events/Dream world

As for RNG its abuse of an internal system. Outward systems like Pokecheck can tell when they are RNG abused because of the coding on the Pokemon. If the outside things can see that there might be an error or questions legality of capture, then the system can be created to prevent transfer of Pokemon like that.

Pokecheck actually can't determine RNG abused from not for sure, either. It just flags any Pokemon with near flawless IVs as 'possibly edited or abused'. There is literally no way for a hack check to determine RNG abuse.

They're probably just cracking down on fake GTS clones that plague wifi.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • there is a god. <3

I've been waiting for this since Black/White came out, it's about time we have some sort of internet storage system where we can store our Pokemon and use them whenever! I have a ton of emotionally attached Pokemon (like my Meganium, my shiny Sceptile, and my collection of Eeveelutions) and, like the Japanese superstar mentioned in the video, I want to pass down my priceless Pokemon to my future children, so they can use them and play like how their mommy used to play. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    PokeBank needs money, but I don't really mind it.
    What really bothers me is the payment method...
    It's most likely by visa card,
    but I don't want to apply a credit card. I hate them.

Years
  • PokeBank needs money, but I don't really mind it.
    What really bothers me is the payment method...
    It's most likely by visa card,
    but I don't want to apply a credit card. I hate them.
    If only one could pay with 3DS points, then one could buy a card at any participating store nearby and use that for their payment...hopefully they'll allow that, especially for those too young to be given a credit card...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • The FREE Version will allow ONE Gameboy to transfer your old mon to a new game! That has never been done before!

I use pokecheck to make back-up copies for my favorite pokemon. This cloud service sounds similar, except you have to pay and can't make clones.

Anything that discourages cheating is a welcome change!

Years
  • does this mean that you can actually keep your pokemon when starting a new game? I hope so because i don't have 2 3ds's.
    I actually didn't think of that...but one could send one's Pokémon to the PokeBank and reset the game...now that'll be nice for those who don't want to lose their favorite Pokémon but want to play the story over again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I hope the transfert with the bank will not have problems with the cloud system, like losing connection or losing some pokemons because some data were missings.

Years
  • I hope the transfert with the bank will not have problems with the cloud system, like losing connection or losing some pokemons because some data were missings.
    There's that. Or someone hacking the system causing us to be unable to retrieve our Pokémon...or some Pokémon going missing due to some glitch...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I'm scared of Cloud transfert since some steam game use cloud and make you loose all your progress on the game. Like that last Tomb Raider.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Frankly, I don't like this feature for two reasons.

I mostly play for Pokédex completion and never battle online. The only use I have for AR is to trigger events in games from previous generations (and only in those, I'll wait until X and Y release to start doing it in Black & White) , so I could get event-exclusive mons and no longer have to look at empty spaces in my supposedly "complete" Pokédex. Granted, in theory, for most event Pokémon I used AR to come across in Gen 4, the code is responsible for making items appear, which then lead to encounters with Pokémon that are generated by the games themselves, but they still might find a way to detect that it's not legit (I'm paranoid about the capture date of each Pokémon now being registered) . On the other hand, if they do tons of Wi-Fi events (emphasis on Wi-Fi) that will allow me to regain all the event Pokémon from gens 1 to 6, I'll be happy.

The second reason, and again, it's me being paranoid, is something I hated in the original concept of Xbox One: a key feature, which was working fine offline, now relies on a service on the internet. Granted, it's not as crucial to the game as in that case, the game is still playable offline, but the issue remains: if the service isn't profitable enough (which is unlikely, but in theory still possible) , the Pokémon Company might simply flip a switch and the compatibility between Gen 6 and the three previous generations will be lost for good.

A reason I might actually be happy about this service, and sign up is that, if I understand correctly, I will be able to create a "living Pokédex" (one of every species) and transfer it from game to game. After all the trading I had to do between my Gen 3 carts to get full Pokédexes in all five of them, I'll be happy not to have to do this anymore with a Pokédex almost twice as big.

Back