• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank and Transfer.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
  • I have a problem with paying simply because, my game essentially is my "bank". I always transfer all of my Pokemon over no mattter how long it takes. Whenever a new main series game has come out, at the earliest possible time. I transfer everything over. I've worked hard on my collection, so of course I'm going to move it. So, why should I have to pay for something I'm only going to use once? Not to mention, Pokebank just seems like the "middle man". You put in your 5th gen game, then use PokeTransfer and send it to the Pokebank, then retrieve it in X or Y. Also, the Direct shows them moving their Pokemon by entire boxes. I will literally be using this for about 5 minutes since this is the case. So again, why am I having to pay for something I will literally spend no less than 10 minutes on? I get the idea and where they're coming from and I can see why many people like it but to me, it seems like they went to too much trouble. Why not just set up Poketransfer to send them directly to X and Y? Why does PokeBank need to be able to store 3,000 Pokemon? Couldn't Nintendo and Gamefreak just added some extra boxes to the in game PC system and make it simpler? Personally, it seems like they're trying to hard. The Bank and Transfer, Pokemon-Amie, they all seem like a little much if you ask me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have a problem with paying simply because, my game essentially is my "bank". I always transfer all of my Pokemon over no mattter how long it takes. Whenever a new main series game has come out, at the earliest possible time. I transfer everything over. I've worked hard on my collection, so of course I'm going to move it. So, why should I have to pay for something I'm only going to use once? Not to mention, Pokebank just seems like the "middle man". You put in your 5th gen game, then use PokeTransfer and send it to the Pokebank, then retrieve it in X or Y. Also, the Direct shows them moving their Pokemon by entire boxes. I will literally be using this for about 5 minutes since this is the case. So again, why am I having to pay for something I will literally spend no less than 10 minutes on? I get the idea and where they're coming from and I can see why many people like it but to me, it seems like they went to too much trouble. Why not just set up Poketransfer to send them directly to X and Y? Why does PokeBank need to be able to store 3,000 Pokemon? Couldn't Nintendo and Gamefreak just added some extra boxes to the in game PC system and make it simpler? Personally, it seems like they're trying to hard. The Bank and Transfer, Pokemon-Amie, they all seem like a little much if you ask me.
    Since you're transferring them all at one you don't need to get it, you could use the free trial and send all of them...you wouldn't even need the rest of the month's time to do so ;). I end you pay nothing...

Also the need for the "middle-man" (which I agree, that's basically what it is) is due to the DS and 3DS not being compatible for some reason or another so a middle man is sort of needed.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Personally, I don't see much use for the bank. I'm never going to want to have more than 720 Pokemon at once, let alone 1440 across 2 versions. And anyone who participated in the Magnemite fiasco when BW2 came out knows how even connecting to this thing is gonna turn out. The cost makes sense, though, but a yearly fee for something small like this is tacky.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm scared of Cloud transfert since some steam game use cloud and make you loose all your progress on the game. Like that last Tomb Raider.

Yes that's one of the other point I was worried about!
    I lost a Buizel in GTS, back on the early days of DP,
    and surely I don't want any same event to occur again.
    I'm definitely not expecting to part with the Pokemon that have been following me for ten years.

Years
  • I love the bank system, and the Transfer thing finally shows that THEY WILL BE COMPATIBLE. Now we no longer have to argue about it.
    Good thing too...of course a middle man was needed to transfer them...would've rather had it be direct...but as long as we can transfer many at once I'm fine with it xD.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • For $5/€4 a year you get enough storage space for all Pokémon you want to keep, but don't want clogging up your PC.

For $5/€4 a year you can keep all your precious Pokémon when you start a new game.

For $5/€4 a year you can transfer Pokémon from fifth gen games to sixth gen games in a matter of minutes. In the future you'll be able to transfer your Pokémon to the seventh generation. Pokémon Bank is something that's ment to stay around, not something just for this generation.

I can't see the big deal. Pokémon Bank is not just for transfering old Pokémon to your new games, that's a bonus. $5/€4 a year shouldn't be a big deal for anyone who bought a 3DS and the games, plus you get an actual service. A service that needs maintenance. Hosting all that data just can't be done for free, and the price is very reasonable.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Good thing too...of course a middle man was needed to transfer them...would've rather had it be direct...but as long as we can transfer many at once I'm fine with it xD.

That could possibly be the best part
    Self-Trading is the most tedious process on the planet.
    And the 6 pokemon transfer wasn't any better....
    So now we can just, push entire boxes over without a care in the world. And since it's compatible with all 4 gen V versions, I won't have to trade over my last 2 boxes to Black 2.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I like this feature alot cause now I can store my Pokemon in the Cloud forever and use them whenever I want. It's much easier way to transfer Pokemon to from other games too cause I can transfer multiple Pokemon at once instead of 6 at a time through some mini-game. While the 5 dollar annual fee is a bit off-putting I get why they're doing it. They need money to keep the servers running for future games. It's the same reason why Microsoft does the same with Xbox Live or something you have to pay for every month to get special membership . At least this will be cheaper. 5 dollars a year is much easier to do than 15 or 20 a month/year. Plus the fact you can store over 3000 Pokemon is very convenient and makes it's more worth to pay for.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I am extremely excited about this. And since it will only be $5/year here it's completely affordable. This will be a good way for me to restart games that I have refused to restart otherwise because I get attached to my Pokemon and I hate the idea of deleting them.

And I'm so happy that one can get Pokemon from Gen III migrated all the way up to Gen VI.

I really can't wait to take advantage of these features. :)

This will probably also be an excellent tool for breeders!!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Transferring Pokémon from GBA gamed to 3DS games is now obsolete, unless done by transferring from GBA > DS > 3DS which is a lenghty process. Ah well, most of my main Pokémon are on either Diamond, Heart Gold, White or Black 2 so it doesn't really matter.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Transferring Pokémon from GBA gamed to 3DS games is now obsolete, unless done by transferring from GBA > DS > 3DS which is a lenghty process. Ah well, most of my main Pokémon are on either Diamond, Heart Gold, White or Black 2 so it doesn't really matter.

You'll still need to transfer pokemon from Gen IV to Gen V, before you can get them in Gen VI.

I have thought of a minor problem though. It's an app, and as with all apps, you need an SD card in order to even download it. Meaning anyone who doesn't have an SD card for any reason, won't be able to use this system.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • So basically I no longer need two systems to transfer Pokemon from older games to newer ones! WOO-HOO! I've always fecking hated that. Now I can bring back Merida and Coltzan 8D

Years
  • So basically I no longer need two systems to transfer Pokemon from older games to newer ones! WOO-HOO! I've always fecking hated that. Now I can bring back Merida and Coltzan 8D
    Same here...it was an annoying method...would've preferred uploading them to a cloud or something and transferring them to the new games...

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I brought a cheap 4G one from Walmart for nine dollars, so it's as expensive as two years worth of Pokémon Bank...

Yeah, SD cards aren't that expensive (depending on the size and where you buy it). I bought a 16 gb one for something like €20. It's more than I'll ever need on my 3DS, but I'll never have to worry about running out of space again.

Back