• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    As a note to ALL users who use this forum: ANY and ALL hacks, whether legal or not, are banned from being traded in Trade Corner. If you're caught trading any Pokemon that was not obtained through legitimate ingame means, you will be banned. It's in the Trade Plaza Rules so read them before trading please.

And to stay on topic here, Pokemon Bank being delayed for everyone who didn't get a chance to get the app before it was taken off the eshop is not fair imo. Others can still use it and transport their Pokemon into XY but those of us who don't have it yet are forced to wait. I really wanted to import my Pokemon I bred and caught from earlier gens to then breed with on XY for special Pokeballs and moves and abilities.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Actually on the topic of Pokemon Bank, I hope this delay doesn't last too long. Luckily, it hasn't been too hard to get some Pokemon off GTS that require being transferred. I managed to get all the starters except for Turtwig, and once you get one, just breed it and get more and you can easily get others, or even other things like Rattata and Koffing. Though some people are still being stingy and asking for legendaries and stuff. Typical GTS, though. Wonder Trade is also a good option. That's where I managed to get three of those starters, so yeah. But still, this delay sucks.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, Sherlock. You found a contradiction on my statement, thats true... Or is it?
    I said that you were DENYING it didnt i? Lets see it from another perspective... I said you were denying they were hacked, because you say hacking with pokegen is/should be LEGAL!!!<insert epic phoenix wright music here> Thus, you think and say they are legal.
    You might want to deny it, honey, but this is just another symptom: DENYAL
    Also, pls, dont ignore the rest of the text and try to find another point to discuss about and escape from the truth:
    YOU
    ARE
    A
    CHEATER

Stop being rude. This isn't my forum, but I couldn't just leave this here without saying anything. You may not like hacking or that user, but it gives you absolutely no right to be a complete jerk to him. You're lucky this isn't in my forum, or you'd be red carded immediately. Stop being such a child and just leave the guy alone. Move on.

Years
    I really do think Nintendo should at least temporarily take down the service because as you mentioned EV, it's not fair at all. I mean people in Japan did have the chance to download and use it, but what is the ratio of players that have the app to players that do not have the app? I'm pretty sure a majority of players don't.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
    I legitimately breed my Pokémon for flawless/near flawless IVs and I have to say that it doesn't take me that long thanks to friend safari, and I generally feel well accomplished after I breed the perfect Pokémon that fits my needs.

1. So do I
    2. So you get the feeling of accomplishment from enjoying the game how you want, good for you
    3. How does hacking from other people in THEIR games impact this feeling of accomplishment that, for you, is obviously an important part of your game? I'm genuinely interested. For me surely the sense of accomplishment you stated is at least part of the end goal?

The bottom line is that cheating is wrong. I know other people might do it, but for what reason does that make it ok for you to do it also? Pokémon X and Y are updated often, and your game is checked every time you access the internet in the game. If you have a Pokémon that you can't legitimately own, the game will ban you from playing online. Same goes for the checks in VGCs. I for one believe that not only should your game be bricked from online activity, but also your save file should be wiped.

For enjoying THEIR OWN GAMES in the way they want? Again the question has to be, how does someone cheating for otherwise legitimate Pokemon (so within legal ranges, legal movesets, etc) impact your game?

As far as I can see it doesn't. You get your enjoyment out of playing your way, they get their enjoyment out of their way, and the only real impact is if you fight each other - and since it's all within legal reach anyway then it doesn't actually make a difference to you in any meaningful way

We play games to have fun, and I struggle to see how people creating otherwise legal Pokemon impacts upon the fun of others. As someone who has only used hacking for cloning and items I dont feel slighted when I see Pokemon I feel confident were hacked. And in the days of RNG, pretty much anything was possible with regards IVs and shiny anyway!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I really do think Nintendo should at least temporarily take down the service because as you mentioned EV, it's not fair at all. I mean people in Japan did have the chance to download and use it, but what is the ratio of players that have the app to players that do not have the app? I'm pretty sure a majority of players don't.

I totally disagree! ...granted that is based on the fact I don't have previous games (therefore no need to transfer pokemon over) as well as that thanks to a random Oshawott I got in Wonder trade I was able to parlay the breeding of that into getting every single pokemon on this list: https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml (minus the Unown and Legendaries) so I think it's a good thing because even if we don't have the Pokebank we can still get the unobtainable pokemon thanks to the people that do already have it. and if we don't have previous gen games to transfer over, it works out extremely well that we ended up getting them all for free too! ;-)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

It's unfair, but I also think of it as a way that those players can get the Pokemon that require being transferred out to the masses. It's a slower process than people transferring their own Pokemon, yes, but it still allows others to get some of the Pokemon they wanted, like Snivy or Cyndaquil. I just hope the delay doesn't last too much longer. I can't wait to play with Victini in Amie!

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
    So, on topic but with a hat tip to what we discussed...

Given that it was obvious that the transfer wasnt detecting hacked Pokemon, do we think they could be taking this time to improve that offering? Problem is that ship has sailed, and some people already have their hacked Kyogres and co online.

Maybe we'll see an improved hack checking option on both the transfer and online services (such as battling and GTS)?

Despite what I was saying elsewhere, I hope so. At the very least recognise illegal combinations, moves, abilities, etc

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
    I wouldn't cross my finger on it but maybe GF doesn't even know that their Hack Check is that bad. I doubt it but still...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    ...Pokémon X and Y are updated often, and your game is checked every time you access the internet in the game. If you have a Pokémon that you can't legitimately own, the game will ban you from playing online. Same goes for the checks in VGCs. I for one believe that not only should your game be bricked from online activity, but also your save file should be wiped.

So if I trade a pokemon in person with a friend and get a Gengar that knows Trick Or Treat and don't realize it's not supposed to know that move, I then go online to update my Game Sync data, I should then have my save file wiped and that card is now forever banned from online activity? You don't think you're over reacting A TAD? On top of that, now that Pokebank has been released, how many pokemon dating back to 2002 can't legitimately be owned however have been given out in Nintendo contests or at movie premiers or department stores and whatnot? A lot of those can't have the moves or hidden abilities they come with "legitimately" only through the giveaways, as well as pokemon learned moves in Gen 3 they can no longer learn, so now they technically have moves they can't legitimately know anymore, should everyone that saved their favourite pokemon from Saphire now have their current save file wiped and forever banned from going online? You have to have SOME perspective in your punishments! ;-p

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
    I didn't say it affects my overall enjoyment of the game. I do enjoy this game. But keep in mind this is a competitive game and a huge part of being competitive in this game is making sure you've built a strong team.

It bothers me that so many people hack their pokemon when I and many others go through the effort of building our teams the right way. As with any form of competition I don't want my opponent to have an unfair and not to mention illegal advantage. I don't want to face sub-standard pokemon either. I wanna face whatever pokemon my opponent managed to breed/raise/catch ect. So long as they were obtained legitimately and are within the rules of the game.

So it in no way impacts your enjoyment of the game, and so your being bothered by it is only on an intellectual level?

Intellectually do you feel that people who can not afford the huge time sink that is this game when played "officially" should be barred from ever enjoying it ('it' being the enjoyment of competitive battling)?

My take is that they shouldn't (and remember I never used Pokesav and co), so long as what is created is within the game rules (correct movesets, legal IVs, etc) as their cheating in no way makes an impact on me and how I choose to play the game

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So, on topic but with a hat tip to what we discussed...

Given that it was obvious that the transfer wasnt detecting hacked Pokemon, do we think they could be taking this time to improve that offering? Problem is that ship has sailed, and some people already have their hacked Kyogres and co online.

Maybe we'll see an improved hack checking option on both the transfer and online services (such as battling and GTS)?

Despite what I was saying elsewhere, I hope so. At the very least recognise illegal combinations, moves, abilities, etc

People keep saying this, but is there any evidence that hacked pokemon are actually being used or just heresay? So far the only pictures people have been providing are Shiny pokemon, possibly with all 31 IVs, and moves they can't currently learn, however digging around on the internet show some of the "illegal" moves are from Saphire or Pearl or some other old game that that pokemon merely travelled through (different games have different TMs, Move Tutors, and even level up moves depenging on the pokemon) and some have moves that were given out on those pokemon as Event pokemon so I'm not saying it can't possibly have happened, I'm just saying the things people are claiming to be hacked are still technically possible. Show some pictures of things that aren't possible in any game ever released over the last 12 years, don't just look up the X and Y move lists and determine that the Rayquaza you're battling against that used Water Pulse is hacked because even though it can't learn that move anymore, it could in Gen 3 and 4 when Water Pulse was a TM move. (not that that's a great move, but it illustrated a point) People just need to relax and like I said in another post, out of the millions of people playing this game with pokemon stretching back as far as 2002 that have travelled fro game to game, is it just even SLIGHTLY possible that they would have moves and combinations you wouldn't have thought of or would even have had access to if you only started playing the game in Gen 5 or even just with X and Y?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    My Cleffa, Zazzle, is STILL WAITING in Unova. Its brother Togepi, Gulliver, is waiting in Kalos.

In the mean time, i'll just EV train my Vulbaby, Bone Patrol....

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
    People keep saying this, but is there any evidence that hacked pokemon are actually being used or just heresay? So far the only pictures people have been providing are Shiny pokemon, possibly with all 31 IVs, and moves they can't currently learn, however digging around on the internet show some of the "illegal" moves are from Saphire or Pearl or some other old game that that pokemon merely travelled through (different games have different TMs, Move Tutors, and even level up moves depenging on the pokemon) and some have moves that were given out on those pokemon as Event pokemon so I'm not saying it can't possibly have happened, I'm just saying the things people are claiming to be hacked are still technically possible. Show some pictures of things that aren't possible in any game ever released over the last 12 years, don't just look up the X and Y move lists and determine that the Rayquaza you're battling against that used Water Pulse is hacked because even though it can't learn that move anymore, it could in Gen 3 and 4 when Water Pulse was a TM move. (not that that's a great move, but it illustrated a point) People just need to relax and like I said in another post, out of the millions of people playing this game with pokemon stretching back as far as 2002 that have travelled fro game to game, is it just even SLIGHTLY possible that they would have moves and combinations you wouldn't have thought of or would even have had access to if you only started playing the game in Gen 5 or even just with X and Y?

Got to admit I was basing it off of various blog posts as I am still breeding/training a battle spot team for post xmas (havent been online battling since Pokebank as staying with my parents over xmas and their internet is spotty). The main one I saw back tracked on one pic (USA iron fist chimchar iirc), but backed a couple of their others.

I'll be more intrigued once I get online and start fighting in a few days

Years
    I totally disagree! ...granted that is based on the fact I don't have previous games (therefore no need to transfer pokemon over) as well as that thanks to a random Oshawott I got in Wonder trade I was able to parlay the breeding of that into getting every single pokemon on this list: https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml (minus the Unown and Legendaries) so I think it's a good thing because even if we don't have the Pokebank we can still get the unobtainable pokemon thanks to the people that do already have it. and if we don't have previous gen games to transfer over, it works out extremely well that we ended up getting them all for free too! ;-)
    You totally missed the point of my post. What I mean is that it's unfair for Nintendo to pull the application from the eShop, but not take down the service at the same time as well for those who already have it. Sure during the time it was online, people were transferring Pokémon from Gen IV/V to X and Y and those could be in circulation on Wonder Trade, but it's just unfair for the rest of the world, who still have no access yet to the service without an ETA, to know that the service is still functioning despite being pulled from the eShop. You should also realize that you're probably in a minority as well with people playing X and Y because I'm sure a majority of X and Y players own the previous games, and it's completely selfish of you to think that, just because you don't own the previous games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hmm. I think, guys, it's best to turn your discussion back to Pokemon Bank, rather than whether something is legal or not due to other programs (like Poke gen). Although tangents are fine, a number of posts on the last few pages haven't had much to do with Pokémon Bank itself, so let's just drag ourselves back to the topic.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ya know, I wish Nintendo would give us an approximate date for when the PokeBank will be available to us. Waiting for something is one thing, but waiting and not knowing how long we have to wait (will it come out tommorrow or a year from now?) really sucks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Whenever they release it, I'm afraid the servers will just overload again. I don't want more delays. :(

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Whenever they release it, I'm afraid the servers will just overload again. I don't want more delays. :(

You'd kinda think though that after what happened the first time, they'd try to do something so that doesn't happen again.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    What I'm thinking is that Nintendo could release it for each country who missed out every other day, to not crash the system? Or at least be prepared this time. I don't want to miss out on Celebi ):

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wish they would put a limit on how much Pokémon you could transfer into the Bank per day. This, one way or another, would definitely help lessen the overload. If there's already a limit, then… I'm not sure what else they could do. xD"

Back