• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Hopefully gamefreak will release it soon :D I'm going to guess and say that it will be up in 1-2 weeks.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Yea, I think after Japan calms down with Poke Bank, maybe they'll release it.

Years
    I wish they would put a limit on how much Pokémon you could transfer into the Bank per day. This, one way or another, would definitely help lessen the overload. If there's already a limit, then… I'm not sure what else they could do. xD"
    it not the bank it just Nintendo is not prepared for a bunch of people downloading an app like other company's

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    it not the bank it just Nintendo is not prepared for a bunch of people downloading an app like other company's

Also, apparently, the servers running the pokebank were fine, it's the servers used to verify sign in data, signing up information and payment information. Those were apparently the same servers as eShop, but once you get past THAT part, the pokebank servers were apparently perfectly fine.

Years
    Also, apparently, the servers running the pokebank were fine, it's the servers used to verify sign in data, signing up information and payment information. Those were apparently the same servers as eShop, but once you get past THAT part, the pokebank servers were apparently perfectly fine.
    yes or the bank serves would have been shutdown.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Anybody notice that all Pokébank Mon are in Pokeballs? Is this just because of breeding Males with Ditto? I understand the starters but I haven't seen a single Pokébank Mon in anything but a regular Pokeball. Does Pokebank not recognize the original Ball or is this just chance?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Anybody notice that all Pokébank Mon are in Pokeballs? Is this just because of breeding Males with Ditto? I understand the starters but I haven't seen a single Pokébank Mon in anything but a regular Pokeball. Does Pokebank not recognize the original Ball or is this just chance?

There could be likely a couple balls that are no longer recognized, but as for the rest, I haven't gotten a single pokemon that wasn't hatched from an egg, so I honestly never gave it much thought. I would guess they must have been all bred because since you can't trade back to the old games, I would guess people are only sending the pokemon they had that were worth saving and they wouldn't want to give them away after all that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

A few Pokeball types don't pass over into other games and always convert into Pokeballs. Before that, I don't believe Pokeball upon capture was registered outside of aesthetic appeal. I don't remember it being as shown off as it was in Gen 6.

I believe that the Gen 4 Apricorn balls revert to Pokeballs since those don't exist in Gen 5's info. Same may be in Gen 6. But as far as I'm aware then transferred Pokemon are all changed into Pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    A few Pokeball types don't pass over into other games and always convert into Pokeballs. Before that, I don't believe Pokeball upon capture was registered outside of aesthetic appeal. I don't remember it being as shown off as it was in Gen 6.

I believe that the Gen 4 Apricorn balls revert to Pokeballs since those don't exist in Gen 5's info. Same may be in Gen 6. But as far as I'm aware then transferred Pokemon are all changed into Pokeballs.

Oh no, it was, in Saphire and Ruby the ball it was caught in was the one shown when you threw that pokemon into battle. I THINK it even showed the different types of balls in the regenerator when you went to a pokemon center, but I can't remember 100%.

Years

Nope, All Apricorn balls stay as is.

Pokemon Bank

I'm assuming that other balls don't get reverted from Gen V as well. Why would they be reverted to a Pokeball?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Nope, All Apricorn balls stay as is.

Pokemon Bank

I'm assuming that other balls don't get reverted from Gen V as well. Why would they be reverted to a Pokeball?

That's interesting. I remember seeing that they said some Pokeballs didn't pass through as their data wasn't in the new games. Guess that info was wrong.

Then it may have simply been because of Ditto Breeding for faster breeding? Ditto won't pass even when paired with a mom I believe. My deerling didn't come in the same Pokeball as her Mother when I bred her with Ditto iirc.

Let me check the Mudkip and Totodile I got from WT.

Both are in Pokeballs and bred through new games so IDK.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    That's interesting. I remember seeing that they said some Pokeballs didn't pass through as their data wasn't in the new games. Guess that info was wrong.

Then it may have simply been because of Ditto Breeding for faster breeding? Ditto won't pass even when paired with a mom I believe. My deerling didn't come in the same Pokeball as her Mother when I bred her with Ditto iirc.

Let me check the Mudkip and Totodile I got from WT.

Both are in Pokeballs and bred through new games so IDK.

All starters except Gen 1 and 6 will be in regular Balls until they can be caught. My point was in regards to other Pokemon. I know Pokemon keep their Ball from Gen to Gen. I was just curious as to why I haven't seen anything but the regular Pokeball on anything and I have almost all Pokebank Mon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    All starters except Gen 1 and 6 will be in regular Balls until they can be caught. My point was in regards to other Pokemon. I know Pokemon keep their Ball from Gen to Gen. I was just curious as to why I haven't seen anything but the regular Pokeball on anything and I have almost all Pokebank Mon.

Ditto breeding is still a pretty good reason as to why they are in regular Pokeballs. Ditto breeds with anything and you can quickly breed them all with a Ditto.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Ditto breeding is still a pretty good reason as to why they are in regular Pokeballs. Ditto breeds with anything and you can quickly breed them all with a Ditto.

I was looking for a confirmation. I intend on breeding my living Pokedex in Premier Balls for all Pokemon that can be. I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time going around collecting Females in older games in Premier Balls.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was looking for a confirmation. I intend on breeding my living Pokedex in Premier Balls for all Pokemon that can be. I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time going around collecting Females in older games in Premier Balls.

Well if the image before mine is any indications, yes they pass on as there were Buneary in Love Balls. I have had 0 luck with the Wonder Trade and getting good things for the last 3 days. I got Toto and Mudkip from a friend who managed to snag them on WT. The unobtainable list is quite small.

Years

I have a Mismagius in a Dusk Ball if that's a confirmation enough. I can screenie it if you want me to.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    All starters except Gen 1 and 6 will be in regular Balls until they can be caught.

Gen. 2 starters from Colosseum, Gen. 3 and Gen. 4 starters from the Entree forest.
    The only starters which can never legitimately be found in any ball other than Poké Balls are the Gen. 5 ones*

*There was an event in Japan that distributed Serperior, Emboar and Samurott in Cherish Balls, along with a Pokémon Center Tohoku Snivy being distributed; however, as far as I know, the Cherish Ball cannot be passed down via breeding and those four events are set to always be Male anyway.

Years
    Gen. 2 starters from Colosseum, Gen. 3 and Gen. 4 starters from the Entree forest.
    The only starters which can never legitimately be found in any ball other than Poké Balls are the Gen. 5 ones*

*There was an event in Japan that distributed Serperior, Emboar and Samurott in Cherish Balls, along with a Pokémon Center Tohoku Snivy being distributed; however, as far as I know, the Cherish Ball cannot be passed down via breeding and those four events are set to always be Male anyway.

I thought DW Starters were male only. Edit: Never mind, had a brainfart there for a sec.

...but then I don't know if Bank's legitimacy checker was good enough to filter out Gen 3-5 starters without Pokeball/Dream ball, so who knows. I'm just stretching the possibilities.

Last edited:

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    That doesn't prevent them from being obtainable in balls other than Poké Balls :p

Back