• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    website FAQs say that you need a pokedex but doesn't say national.....

if you don't have your x/y copy in (assuming you have the cartridge) then it says you need a x/y save file and to have progressed in the game to the point where you have a pokedex.

but you'd assume you need national like you have to in all previous games to transfer to/from each gen

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I just tried logging in with a game I barely started (don't even have the first badge yet). I succeeded. I didn't have any Pokémon in the bank though, so I couldn't try downloading one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    does anyone knows if i can put my pokes on pokebank, restart my pokemon x, and get all the pokes again without problems?

I've tested it, and I can confirm that this works :) And you just need the regular Pokedex, not the National Dex. It even let me transfer a Porygon, so there are no limits on the Pokemon you can send over without the National Dex :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's hard to believe how simpler and straight forward it is to migrate pokemon from the 5th to 6th gen compared to previous gens. I'm so glad they got rid of the mini games and allowed you to transfer 30 pokemon at a time.

I still have heaps of pokemon to migrate from the 4th to 5th gens, I'm going to do it soon but it's going to be such a slog.....

This'll free me up to restart some of my pokemon games now I won't have to worry about losing pokemon. (mainly team members and legendaries)

Last edited:

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    It's hard to believe how simpler and straight forward it is to migrate pokemon from the 5th to 6th gen compared to previous gens. I'm so glad they got rid of the mini games and allowed you to transfer 30 pokemon at a time.

I still have heaps of pokemon to migrate from the 4th to 5th gens, I'm going to do it soon but it's going to be such a slog.....

This'll free me up to restart some of my pokemon games now I won't have to worry about losing pokemon. (mainly team members and legendaries)

oh please... I have pokes from Gen 3 i'm sending over :')

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I kinda wish the PokeBank was postponed for a little while longer (until I finish my physical copy of White) haha. When's the deadline for the trial?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    I kinda wish the PokeBank was postponed for a little while longer (until I finish my physical copy of White) haha. When's the deadline for the trial?

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
    I'm really hope we get the bank tomorrow (as i believe that is when the Eshop updates). Yesterday i organized all my pokemon i wanted to transfer over so now.... I must wait...

Your move nintendo...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    So apparently there are reports of corrupted save data because of PokeBank? Anyone know if this is true?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Finally, I get to post this:

Pokemon Bank

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    So, apparently you can't download 3DS apps if your battery is in the red. Looks like I'll have to wait just a tiny bit longer :P Which is cool, by now I'm a pro :D

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I actually sighed in relief when I saw the message pop up on the e-shop that a title on my wishlist had been added....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ermahgerd its finally out!

Downloading it now...

Back