• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well it makes sense, the app is messing with your save file so if it's interrupted prematurely there would be corruption. I think a better question is to ask what these people are doing when using it. Whenever I save it always goes back to the title screen before I exit, did they do the same thing? Did they close the lid (or otherwise put it into sleep mode) before teh app fully finished saving? Are teh ones with corrupted save files people with the actual game or the digital version of the game? I think if we start eliminating things the cause can be determined

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    It better still be downloadable when I get home. I don't want them to take it away for whatever reason.

So what you guys are saying is that it can corrupt the game save file? If so, that's scaring the life outta me. What can I do to prevent this when I'm using Pokemon Bank?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well it makes sense, the app is messing with your save file so if it's interrupted prematurely there would be corruption. I think a better question is to ask what these people are doing when using it. Whenever I save it always goes back to the title screen before I exit, did they do the same thing? Did they close the lid (or otherwise put it into sleep mode) before teh app fully finished saving? Are teh ones with corrupted save files people with the actual game or the digital version of the game? I think if we start eliminating things the cause can be determined

That makes me feel a little bit better. Don't know why someone would do something while the app is still saving...the people getting corrupted must not have read "SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER." since the dawn of time. lol

KKJ

Abominations of mankind
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    I am dying in the inside , because he PokeBank is not out here yet , in chile ( South America )(wich has nothing to do with the corruption n stuff , im sorry :( )

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I am dying in the inside , because he PokeBank is not out here yet , in chile ( South America )(wich has nothing to do with the corruption n stuff , im sorry :( )

Really? It should be out there too. Check the eShop again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    That makes me feel a little bit better. Don't know why someone would do something while the app is still saving...the people getting corrupted must not have read "SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER." since the dawn of time. lol

Well that's just curiousity on my part, but even if you're nto saving, one wonders if while in the middle of box operations) they might be closing the lid and if that too could cause corruption? After all, I myself routinely just close down the lid in mid game, whether running around hatching eggs, in mid battle, even when Wonder Trading, so if someone gets into the habit of that and they are organizing boxes and just close the lid without even finsihing or saving or anything, maybe that could cause corruption too, because it's actively reading your save file on start up, maybe it leave teh save file open until you save and exit?

Again, all total guessing until people who got corrupted files tell us exactly what they were doing and when so stuff can be ruled out by process of elimination.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    also how do i get the DNA splicers if it wont let zekrom and kyurem (kyurem bkack) in? i wanna have kyurem black and white! and the pokemon that i couldnt get into X and Y were: Arceus, shaymin,regirock, regice, registeel, my shiny charizard, and my shiny dragonite. what is up with that. it seems no one can get their shaymin through but how do you get eveything else through?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    also how do i get the DNA splicers if it wont let zekrom and kyurem (kyurem bkack) in? i wanna have kyurem black and white! and the pokemon that i couldnt get into X and Y were: Arceus, shaymin,regirock, regice, registeel, my shiny charizard, and my shiny dragonite. what is up with that. it seems no one can get their shaymin through but how do you get eveything else through?

How hacked were those Pokemon? Also, you can't send up a fused Kyurem; it has to be spilt into regular Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram for it be transferrable.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

That's really bizarre, someone else said they couldn't get their Shiny Raikou through either. Do you know the history for the pokemon you can't send through? Were they holding items? Did you get them in game, from a trade, or "other" means? And if you're trying to send in Kyurem black in (presumably spliced together) you can't do that because they're holding and item to exist. You can't send items through. Don't worry, there is a girl in and Y that will give you the DNA splicers if you show her Kyurem, so no need to send them together. I got Arceus and Darkrai through trade, one was an event pokemon one was just a normal capture it seems (normal, non event OT) so some are getting through, we would just need to rule certain things out by getting more information.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years

You can obtain DNA splicer in one of the city I forgot, but YouTube it. That's how I got the item. And defuse them to be able to transfer them like no chance w/o Zekrom said.

Check my Sig.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does anyone have a compiled list of Pokémon that they could not send?

Also check everything on the Pokémon. You still cannot transfer HM'd Pokémon. If they have HMs on them they have to be deleted to be transferred. Some may not allow you to send special event Pokémon if there are specific moves on them. Which kinda sucks cause you'd have to delete that move.

I'll attempt to see what I can and cannot transfer when I get the app later tonight.

Also it may or may not accept some Cloned Pokémon. If you have a cloned novelty Pokémon (one from the events) it may not allow you to transfer. Its the only thing I can think of.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    List of what does/doesn't make it through the Bank

Khrysta's post in the Pokemon Bank thread made me think that a thread should be made as a resource for what will and will not make it through the Bank/Transporter. Ya know, so people don't have to look through hordes of posts to find everything.

So post what you've found will/will not make it through the Bank's hack check, and I'll update it when I get around to it.
    When you post, please provide information such as the OT number/Name, Ribbon types, and the original method of receiving. Kinda like how Howmander has it. This way we can narrow it down to what specifically prevented/allowed transfer.

What can be transferred through the Bank/Transporter:
    -Pokemon created via Pokegen or Pokesav (I'm not sure which) that have legit stats, moves, and abilities
    -Pokemon whose IVs have been modified by an Action Replay
    -any legendary that is from a region that it can be caught in (see Bulbapedia or Serebii for places a Pokemon can be caught in-game without an event)
    -Event Sinnoh Arceus (OT: Tru No: 11079)
    -Event Unova Victini (OT: Movie14 No: 12031)
    -Unova 5IV Dialga (Non event)
    -Unova Dreamworld Palkia (non event)
    -Unova Dreamworld Giratina (non event)
    -Japanese Shiny 6IV Darkrai (non event presumed by OT and no event ribbon)
    -English shiny 6IV Darkrai (non event presumed by OT and no event ribbon)
    -Mew: French distribution in Fall 2010 (OT: AUT2010), AR'd to be obtained from delivery man in HG/SS
    -Celebi: French distribution in Winter 2011 (OT: HIV2011), AR'd to be obtained from delivery man in HG/SS
    -Jirachi: French distribution in Summer 2010 (OT: ETE2010), AR'd to be obtained from delivery man in HG/SS
    -Deoxys: English distribution "Plasma Deoxys" (OT: Plasma)
    -Manaphy: AR'd egg to be obtained from delivery man in HG/SS
    -Darkrai: Almia Darkrai (OT: Almia), AR'd to appear in the PC on Platinum
    -Shaymin: French distribution commemorating the release of a movie (OT: Film11), AR'd to be obtained from delivery man in HG/SS
    -Arceus: Some Japanese distribution (OT: some Japanese words), AR'd to be obtained from delivery man in HG/SS
    -Victini: All languages for the distribution commemorating the release of the 14th Pokemon movie (OT: FILM14)
    -Keldeo: French distribution in Summer 2012 (OT: ETE2012), AR'd to appear in the PC in B2/W2
    -Meloetta: French distribution in Spring 2013 (OT: PRI2013), AR'd to appear in the PC in B2/W2
    -Genesect: French distribution "Plasma Genesect" (OT: Plasma), AR'd to appear in the PC in B2/W2
    -Jirachi from the Pokemon Coliseum bonus disk (OT: WISHMKR)
    -a Darkrai or Shaymin caught on Platinum via their event items
    -all Dream Radar legendaries
    -Keldeo: Winter 2013 event (English version, OT: WIN2013)
    -Mew: Fall 2010 event (English version, OT: FAL2010)

What can't be transferred through the Bank/Transporter:
    -Any Arceus caught through the Azure Flute event as Nintendo never distributed it.
    -Oblivia Deoxys, AR'd to appear in the PC on Platinum

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    That's really bizarre, someone else said they couldn't get their Shiny Raikou through either. Do you know the history for the pokemon you can't send through? Were they holding items? Did you get them in game, from a trade, or "other" means? And if you're trying to send in Kyurem black in (presumably spliced together) you can't do that because they're holding and item to exist. You can't send items through. Don't worry, there is a girl in and Y that will give you the DNA splicers if you show her Kyurem, so no need to send them together. I got Arceus and Darkrai through trade, one was an event pokemon one was just a normal capture it seems (normal, non event OT) so some are getting through, we would just need to rule certain things out by getting more information.

i dont know the memories of thm if thats what your asking. like i dont know how the person got them sincei gotthem through trade. i got my shiny dratini (now shiny dragonite) and shiny charmander (now shiny charizard ) from one breeder so i dont know why they wont go through. my dragonite was holding an exp share which is now a key item in x and y so i took that off, and my shiny cahrizard was holding a masterball for some reason i took that off and it still wouldnt let them through. i dont know why my shaymin isnt getting through. its at the level that you normally catch it at. and i dont know why my regis arent either. this is totally weird and annoying

also both my shiny giratinas were in a cherish ball and so was my shiny raikou. and i tried battling with them online and it wouldnt let me but my shiny entei isnt in a cherish ball. is that why they cant battle, because therye in a cherish ball?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    i dont know the memories of thm if thats what your asking. like i dont know how the person got them sincei gotthem through trade. i got my shiny dratini (now shiny dragonite) and shiny charmander (now shiny charizard ) from one breeder so i dont know why they wont go through. my dragonite was holding an exp share which is now a key item in x and y so i took that off, and my shiny cahrizard was holding a masterball for some reason i took that off and it still wouldnt let them through. i dont know why my shaymin isnt getting through. its at the level that you normally catch it at. and i dont know why my regis arent either. this is totally weird and annoying

Current level doesn't mean much as origin does. They were probably hacked into the game or altered in a negative way that the check catches it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Does anyone have a compiled list of Pokémon that they could not send?

Also check everything on the Pokémon. You still cannot transfer HM'd Pokémon. If they have HMs on them they have to be deleted to be transferred. Some may not allow you to send special event Pokémon if there are specific moves on them. Which kinda sucks cause you'd have to delete that move.

I'll attempt to see what I can and cannot transfer when I get the app later tonight.

Also it may or may not accept some Cloned Pokémon. If you have a cloned novelty Pokémon (one from the events) it may not allow you to transfer. Its the only thing I can think of.

This made me think that we should make a thread that lists everything that does and doesn't go through the Bank, so I made the thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8079087#post8079087

That way people don't have to look through all the posts here to find out if their pokes will make it through or not (because this thread is getting very long and the posts of what people found makes it through or doesn't will be scattered about).

So guys, if you have something to contribute to the list of what does/does not make it through the Bank, post it in the thread whose link I have put in this post.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

also both my shiny giratinas were in a cherish ball and so was my shiny raikou. and i tried battling with them online and it wouldnt let me but my shiny entei isnt in a cherish ball. is that why they cant battle, because therye in a cherish ball?

If that's the case I'd be suspicious of the Charizard and Dratini from the breeder. But if I'm reading you correctly, everything else you caught yourself? Or are they all from trades?

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Amoungst all this celebration of the Bank finally being out for the Americas, I have one thing to say...

YES!

Thank you.

Back