• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Pokebank is on news sites from 17 hours ago saying its out now in the US but in the IRC chat both Americans and Aussies tried to download it but can't :(

Funny part is nintendo has their own website for pokebank updated saying its out now on eshop with instructions on how to use the QR code on the site to download it. Apparently nintendo doesn't know their that nintendo hasn't released it yet which is kinda funny and sad.

Maybe good news and its about to come out and thier website got updated before they flipped the eshop switch? idk

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    Pokebank is on news sites from 17 hours ago saying its out now in the US but in the IRC chat both Americans and Aussies tried to download it but can't :(

Funny part is nintendo has their own website for pokebank updated saying its out now on eshop with instructions on how to use the QR code on the site to download it. Apparently nintendo doesn't know their that nintendo hasn't released it yet which is kinda funny and sad.

Maybe good news and its about to come out and thier website got updated before they flipped the eshop switch? idk

Wait, so it's been announced on the website that it's out but it really isn't?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Pokébank is not available yet. I check every day on eShop and it is still listed as TBD.

Years
  • But the Kalos mark never existed in the previous games. You can't hack it in if they never existed in game. If they use some external hack to give the Pokemon the data it needs, the Transporter can stop it from transferring if the mark was from a non-Kalos Pokemon since the Transporter was designed to "only" transport from the previous Five Regions.

Pokemon Bank

is the same Pokemon here: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=7259910

However I found out the way you can distinguish those hacks from legit 'mons, so what I said was kind of wrong anyways.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    I can't post links yet, but I found some thread on GameFAQS about making pokegen pokemon have a blue pentagon when you transfer them.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    cheaters will always be cheaters, and their wins will only be empty wins.
    well, still no pokebank for my region so maybe it's not released yet.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Pokemon Bank

is the same Pokemon here: https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=7259910

Now it doesn't matter, though. You can find out that it was hacked in anyways using the memory girl in Anistar City.

The person who transferred it also discovered there were two more location bytes that result in it being from "a faraway place" that were unknown.

I'm just frustrated that we still haven't received any news whatsoever while the majority of Japan still gets to import their Pokemon because it still works if they've already downloaded it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The person who transferred it also discovered there were two more location bytes that result in it being from "a faraway place" that were unknown.

I'm just frustrated that we still haven't received any news whatsoever while the majority of Japan still gets to import their Pokemon because it still works if they've already downloaded it.

ill give them till monday to give us info on the bank.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
  • This is actually rediculous. It's kinda unfair how the Japanese have these old Pokemon and we're stuck with all the new ones :(
    Hopefully Gamefreak or Nintendo announces the new release date soon. My Swampert is waiting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i think nintendo might be trying a create a plan where they release it for different regions of the U.S. like a release date for the eastern time zone people, then central time people, then...the other one cuz i forgot, and the pacific time people. like they did for the eshop only letting us on until 4 P.M. that one day. i just want all of my shinies and legendaries. :/

Years
  • Nintendo absolutely have to say something about this in the next direct at the very latest. They've been advertising a December 27 release and it's been over a week since that, so they ****ed up already.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I honestly don't understand why it's still currently delayed with absolutely zero news yet. The servers are back for eShop and it's faster than before, Pokemon Bank and Transporter are currently up and running for Japan with no errors yet, what is there to fix when everything is running fine? Japan has the MOST pokemon users and Pokemon Bank is running fine yet they won't release it for the rest of the world? It doesn't go through my head, honestly the rage in my heart right now for Nintendo is unbearable, I wish I can just meet the head of Nintendo and burst out my anger on him. I'd be even more angry if they don't release it before February, man that's when my school starts!!!

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
  • I honestly don't understand why it's still currently delayed with absolutely zero news yet. The servers are back for eShop and it's faster than before, Pokemon Bank and Transporter are currently up and running for Japan with no errors yet, what is there to fix when everything is running fine? Japan has the MOST pokemon users and Pokemon Bank is running fine yet they won't release it for the rest of the world? It doesn't go through my head, honestly the rage in my heart right now for Nintendo is unbearable, I wish I can just meet the head of Nintendo and burst out my anger on him. I'd be even more angry if they don't release it before February, man that's when my school starts!!!

This tbh. Nintendo really needs to get their **** together and release it worldwide instead of playing favorites. Then again, except for this generation, Japan always did get stuff months before us :(

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • i think nintendo might be trying a create a plan where they release it for different regions of the U.S. like a release date for the eastern time zone people, then central time people, then...the other one cuz i forgot, and the pacific time people. like they did for the eshop only letting us on until 4 P.M. that one day. i just want all of my shinies and legendaries. :/

Mountain you are looking for Mountain time and they wont do it like that. It will be like TV times if anything Eastern and Central first then Pacific and mountain if anything

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • To be fair, the majority of us Japanese players couldn't DL Pokebank because it was a weekday when they released it, and by the time work/class/cram school ended they've already taken it down.

Still, I expect something by Monday since most Japanese businesses resume work on the 6th.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Nintendo has never really cared about anything outside of japan, if it didn't make so much money off it they wouldn't export anything at all. I doubt they're rushing to get the bank ready for the rest of the world, or care at all to give us any info on what's going on with it. Kinda ready to give up on it all together. I've been prepping to start a new playthrough but getting into other things cuz I'm stuck waiting for the bank.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Nintendo has never really cared about anything outside of japan, if it didn't make so much money off it they wouldn't export anything at all. I doubt they're rushing to get the bank ready for the rest of the world, or care at all to give us any info on what's going on with it. Kinda ready to give up on it all together. I've been prepping to start a new playthrough but getting into other things cuz I'm stuck waiting for the bank.
    Ummmmmmm that's not quite how business works... If GF are making a lot of money off exports out of Japan, I can almost guarantee they'll look after those customers. Money makes the world go round, and the western world has a lot of it.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Ummmmmmm that's not quite how business works... If GF are making a lot of money off exports out of Japan, I can almost guarantee they'll look after those customers. Money makes the world go round, and the western world has a lot of it.

nothing to do with GF, it's nintendo, and considering the lack of 3rd party games and how very far behind they are compared to sony and mircosoft, they don't have very good business sence. and they make way more money in Japan than they do in the US, so focusing on the bigger market is the best decision money wise.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • To be fair, the majority of us Japanese players couldn't DL Pokebank because it was a weekday when they released it, and by the time work/class/cram school ended they've already taken it down.

Still, I expect something by Monday since most Japanese businesses resume work on the 6th.

Japanese schools are closed December 23 through January 7th. On Christmas day when bank waas released Most, if not all of Japan's Pokemon players were trying to Download Pokemon Bank at the same time kids were inputing their Nintendo point card things they got for Christmas. The over load in cyber traffic caused the eShop to shut down.
    Also Nintendo has another game company using their server to do a Winter Sale on their games which ends the 6th or 7th, so Nintendo won't put up Pokemon Bank until after their Sale is done to prevent them from losing profit.

Back